AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Why do you take my post and only refer to a few words out of it? Go back and see who I was responding to. That post was about dates being set. And that we probably knew of dates that we weren’t telling people. So I stated you know what we know, meaning dates. But again, I’m sure you know that and just choose to select quote me.

No, I meant what I said and gave you the benefit of doubt and clearly, I said if. Dates, the membership has grown tired of correspondence from the union that says little.

All of those non-answers from someone on the NC, and still not a single positive reason why Labor benefits from the Association.

If your referring to me? Please post what question you asked that I did not answer.

Last edited:
And the very reason the IAM should have stepped aside.
With the merger, it wasn’t the IAM,s job to get out of the way, we had members to represent. And we were not just going to walk away from them.
It was your unions job to go to the nmb and declare they had 50% of the combined membership. I don’t know why they chose not to. There are many different opinions out there.
I’m fine with you blaming the IAM for not bowing down if that’s what you expected us to do.

Your opinion.

I'm entitled...like you are.

With the merger, it wasn’t the IAM,s job to get out of the way, we had members to represent. And we were not just going to walk away from them.
It was your unions job to go to the nmb and declare they had 50% of the combined membership. I don’t know why they chose not to. There are many different opinions out there.
I’m fine with you blaming the IAM for not bowing down if that’s what you expected us to do.

You had dues to collect and a failing pension plan to fund.

My Union has failed it's members quite well.

A more true quote does not exist.

“It was your unions job to go to the nmb and declare they had 50% of the combined membership. I don’t know why they chose not to.”

And should be told to every TWU member that is reluctant to sign a card!

Reactions: thisjobsux
I'm entitled...like you are.

You had dues to collect and a failing pension plan to fund.

My Union has failed it's members quite well.
We had dues paying members to protect. You are 100% correct. And I think we’ve done a pretty good job at protecting them so far.

As far as the pension, you are wrong on how we feel. The company has to pay a considerable amount of money to get the IAM out of the pension. If they were willing to pay that, then the IAM pension would have been froze. But they weren’t willing to pay the amount. So as of right now, the pension for the IAM remains.
And by the way. There are many out there with the IAM that are glad about that.

We learned of the upcoming meetings from AA and the media, not from the Association.

I would like to see where AA or a media outlet announced this because my info is from a guy on an airline forum who claims to be in the “Outer” circle.