Aa Hiring New Flight Attendants!

Skyyggoddess said:
We are a sorry excuse for a union. Hopefully one day we can be a proud union again, but that won't happen as long as we have the majority of our current officials still in office. Paramount, is writing a new constitution that has some teeth in it. We need committed, ethical people in office...people who respect the fact that our dues are hard earned and the money should be spent carefully, wisely and honestly.
APFA is the laughing stock of the labor world.
Terry
Skyyggoddess,

I can't agree with you more. It's really sad to hear f/a's complain about what is going on with the APFA and the criminals who run it and they don't do anything about it. Rock Salomon BOS based, has something started and he is getting to the point that we as a group can hire an attorney. If you want to stand up for our rights and get rid of JW and his cronies go to http://www.newapfa.org and sign up.

To get rid of John Ward and his idiot team, Which I am proud to say I did not vote for. I worked at APFA and knew what a piece of crap he was, and still is today. All thats required is signitures of 30% of the active members in good standing. That will per article 8 of the APFA constitution force a recall election of officers named in the petition.

Article 8 also offers info for removing a base rep.

FA Mikey said:
To get rid of John Ward and his idiot team, Which I am proud to say I did not vote for. I worked at APFA and knew what a piece of crap he was, and still is today. All thats required is signitures of 30% of the active members in good standing. That will per article 8 of the APFA constitution force a recall election of officers named in the petition.

I'm sorry to hear that Mikey. But, this time next year JW and his crooks will be...going, going, GONE!

Lou Dobbs is hosting a series of reports on "Exporting America." To contact him and CNN use this link to get to the page loudobbs link Tell your story or how you feel about companies in general of just ours, shipping jobs overseas and furloughing they very people who helped starve of a bankruptcy filing a few months back. My feeling is that seeing American airlines planes staffed with foreign based crews passenger seats filled with others on there way to fill jobs once held by US workers is a fitting saga to an airline that brands, sells and markets its self as American. There is a certain irony in that, isn't there?

wrx said:
FA Mikey said:

I'm sorry to hear that Mikey. But, this time next year JW and his crooks will be...going, going, GONE!
Then why did you vote to keep against recalling John Ward? Strong uion who can fight the good fight, can stop them from taking OUR ROUTES!

No, I didn't vote to put that idiot in office to begin with. I knew he was worthless. Unfortunately everyone was so caught up in I hate Denise that he squeaked in and did a number no one will ever forget. He can leave and than go be friends with that other worthless piece of you know what Cheryle Leon. Again from DFW. Next election keep the Texans out, that goes for all elections not just APFA.

FA Mikey said:
No, I didn't vote to put that idiot in office to begin with. I knew he was worthless. Unfortunately everyone was so caught up in I hate Denise that he squeaked in and did a number no one will ever forget. He can leave and than go be friends with that other worthless piece of you know what Cheryle Leon. Again from DFW. Next election keep the Texans out, that goes for all elections not just APFA.
LOL!!!!! We need someone like John Nikides. He doesn't put up with anything from AA management. I didn't elect JW either and Denise, well we will leave that one burried.

No one was complaining a couple of years ago when we voted in one of the best contracts in the industry. Give it time....when time comes to vote then make your statement.

MiAAmi said:
No one was complaining a couple of years ago when we voted in one of the best contracts in the industry. Give it time....when time comes to vote then make your statement.
I was complaining back in 2001 when we voted for the "industry leading" contract. I voted NO, because it wasn't that great. JW and friends could have done 110% better then they did.

Just did a quick double check and showing no FN flying into or out of any city but MIA, also no new hires being run through the charm farm except for Eagle, and unless you consider Puerto Rico a foreign country no new Foreign Nationals have been hired that I am aware of.

Give me a break Mikey.....

Hung up on AA no, but I think this company needs to be exposed for what it is doing. If you want to continue to bury your head in the sand and look the other way go ahead and do it....I have moved on with my life and making more of it then you or anyone else will trying to save a dead horse. AA will never change until those of us who want it to stand up and fight for what's right. You and Miaami can continue to turn you head on a nasty situation. Yes, I do know the meaning of trader and scab...The question is do you? Why don't you admitt what is going on at AA by hiring ANY new flight attendants is wrong? Instead you try put down anyone and everyone on this board who doesn't agree with your views. All I am doing is informing members of this board of what is going on with AA. Yes, calling in sick etc....may be extreme, but if you have a better idea then lets hear it? I am sure you don't since you haven't come up with one yet. Instead you would rather make pathetic immature comments about those who are advocating some change at AA. Admitt what this company is doing is immoral, unethical and just plane wrong and search for a change to the situation. Again, Sleep well tonight
Ed I do not think you have moved on like you say. If you have than why are you still here complaining about the same old stuff. You keep saying wait till hte press gets ahold of this. Since you have sucj credible sources and the utmost information than why dont you save the world and expose the horrible so called FN new hires. I work in Scheduling and see the new hires daily...when there were any and no new hires are coming through the charm farm expect EAGLE.

I don't like foreign FA more then anyone else. AA is an international airline, these FA are only for those flights. Part of having operations in Latin America is providing employment for nationals of these countries. It is part of the headache of doing business in South America. It is interesting though, I never hear of foreign FA on Pacific or Atlantic flightss. Why should peolple from Colombia or Guatemala get an AA FA job and not a person from the UK?

Taca, Aero Mexico and any of the other Central or South American carrier have no US flight attendants on their rosters. It was almost tolerable when times were good and we were hiring. Now when we see our own people on the street in favor of hiring or keeping people employed as flight attendants in foreign countries, its morally repugnant and reprehensible.

Sadly; it's all about money. Americans don't really care whether the person that serves them their Bagel on a particular flight is a 'blue blooded' American. All they're concerned with is whether the guy sitting next to them on a particular flight payed less airfare than they did.

That's the business we're in, or were in.

And I sadly agree, Its just depressing when people rave about the attention they receive in flight as compared to a FN. Every last one of those positions should be filled with furloughed US based AAer's.

Latest posts