AFA labor discussion (Work related)

Yes just like I said... they closed all of our crew bases on the same day... ILM... DCA... GSO... ORF... then they opened... as new crew bases CLT and BWi... Clt was already a Pilot crew base... but remember we f/a's did not fly with our pilots... that was only usair...

No, all of those bases you mentioned did NOT close on the same day. I can't speak to the pilot base aspect of it, but CLT had already been a FA crew base for several months prior to my getting hired in '86. To the best of my knowledge ILM closed and CLT opened the same day in December '85. ROA closed in spring of '87. DCA and (I think ATL) closed as FA bases on the same day that BWI was opened: May 15, 1987. ORF closed at some point before the '89 merger but GSO didn't close until May of '91. As for MIA and SYR, I don't recall but both were either just before or soon after merger.

Hey eveyrbody, what's going on? I'm just rescuing thiis thread before it winds up on page 4 or higher.

I know there are a lot of people that are "anti-facebook" but unlike casual observers or pilots on here the f/a's are on FB anymore. Private groups where you are verified against the seniority list to join. That is why you see the AFA thread zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Just curious what are your alls Jan. snapbacks ?

Hourly Pay Increase....not a snap back to pre-bankruptcy wages but a 3% increase.

Senior Premium pay increases:

B737-300/400 $2.50 up from $1.75
A319/A320 same as above
A321 $3.25 up from $2.25
B757 $2.75 up from $2.00 INT$3.75 up from $2.75
B767 $3.25 up from $2.50 " $6.50 up form $4.50
A330 $3.25 up from $2.50 same as above

Aft Lead Pay ...up from zero to $1.00 to $1.75 depending on aircraft type and INT.

International Pay : will receive $3.00 premium and includes INT built into Domestic trips....and will continue to receive INT anytime another...(.pilot ) is receiving an INT premium. Another reason why we want to continue co-pairing.

Uniform cleaning allowance....$20.00 a month

Sick leave accrual...

And there a few more but nothing to write home about.

So when U merge with AA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry I couldn't keep a straight face on that :p

So anyway, will US and TWA destroy APFA? I assume TWA was AFA, or did their bi-polar airline have an inhouse union like USUCKA?

Anywho someone said that because AA's APFA out numbers AFA at US, they would be the majority thus the top dogs on the totem pole.

Do you see it that way, or will US become Feuding Airlines? Hey I got to put that on another board :p :p :lol:

I'm not stirring the pot. I'm stirring the Kettles :lol:

So when U merge with AA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry I couldn't keep a straight face on that :p

So anyway, will US and TWA destroy APFA? I assume TWA was AFA, or did their bi-polar airline have an inhouse union like USUCKA?

Anywho someone said that because AA's APFA out numbers AFA at US, they would be the majority thus the top dogs on the totem pole.

Do you see it that way, or will US become Feuding Airlines? Hey I got to put that on another board :p :p :lol:

I'm not stirring the pot. I'm stirring the Kettles :lol:

Take a breather....whew

No that would be bankruptcy and AA requiring all unions at TWA remove their LPPs or the deal was off.

And you can thank the arbiter for that.

Maybe a little research would help you understand the process.

No that would be bankruptcy and AA requiring all unions at TWA remove their LPPs or the deal was off.

And you can thank the arbiter for that.

Maybe a little research would help you understand the process.

Did they (TWA) get stapled to the bottom of the seniority list? Yes ...they did.

Did IAM prevent it from happening???? No...they did not. Why? Because they think that just because you buy someone....you can disrespect their years of service......

Those people brought years of experience with them...and they were treated liked "new hires" and were fired!!!

Did they (IAM) give a rats butt? No... they did not!!! And then crowed about how they protected AA. :angry:

Makes me think IAM is nothing more than a company tool.

It is because of this situation that Congress had to pass a bill to prevent this from happening again.

Reactions: 4 people
Do you know the facts?

The APA, TWU and APFA all had clauses in their CBAs, it went to arbitration and no it wasnt stapled, like I said, go read the Kasher decision and maybe you can learn something.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you know the facts?

The APA, TWU and APFA all had clauses in their CBAs, it went to arbitration and no it wasnt stapled, like I said, go read the Kasher decision and maybe you can learn something.

Do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCQO-D5Tk8

Reactions: 2 people
Yes just like I said... they closed all of our crew bases on the same day... ILM... DCA... GSO... ORF... then they opened... as new crew bases CLT and BWi... Clt was already a Pilot crew base... but remember we f/a's did not fly with our pilots... that was only usair...

If the FAs get separated from the pilots, what will be the limit to the FA's crew duty day? How many hours could they then work? Would less FAs be required system wide?

If the FAs get separated from the pilots, what will be the limit to the FA's crew duty day? How many hours could they then work? Would less FAs be required system wide?

Our current contract is still in place and is better than FAA minimums.
What we don't have is a 8 hr domestic max per duty day and that is what we want to maintain. Other airlines have that in their contracts....such as Spirit Airlines.