AFA Labor Relations Thread 12/30-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the elections are for PHL, CLT and DCA? I have to agree that it is time for new blood. Wonder if JM would go back on line or leave.

Gees you two bicker like you may know each other :lol:
In PHL we have a Advent Calendar going. New officers will be elected starting spring of next year to take office July 2011. Until then our officers are busy on monster.com using free time to interview and such.

Gees you two bicker like you may know each other :lol:
In PHL we have a Advent Calendar going. New officers will be elected starting spring of next year to take office July 2011. Until then our officers are busy on monster.com using free time to interview and such.

LOL!!! :lol:

Shoo go away fly on wall this should be a clear message to you.

:eek: She obviously still doesn't get that she's talking to the wrong person.

A quick search of the USAviation members list shows that aside from myself-FlyOnWall, there's theFLYonthewall (who she still thinks she's talking to), there is also a flyonthewall, and 162 other posters with the word "Fly" in their name. So she has close to 170 other posters to confuse with each other and make herself look like an idiot with. Think how many variations on the lame "fly swatter" joke we can look forward to!

Thankfully everyone else seems to have at least second grade reading skills, so hopefully no one will mistake the posters Sally, Sally4th, or Sally06, 79mustang, mustang or SMMustang for a one-line, easily confused idiot.

Newly elected officers take office in July.

What gives with the 20 FA positions opening up in CLT for March? When the base closures where announced there was ONE opening, then January 20 openings and now March.

Nice, isn't it? It's because all that LGA time that was promised to DCA and the 76 people who transferred there from the base closure went to CLT.

I just have to get this off my chest - forgive me for venting, but this came up yesterday. If you are a blockholder and you somehow think it's so unfair that reserves get pay no credit for ETB, you should bid RSV and enjoy the benefits yourself.

Does anyone else feel like there is this huge underlying elephant-in-the-room anomisity that continues to grow between BH's and RSVs? It concerns me that we seem to becoming more divided as it does nothing for our personal growth within the union. Just my 2 bags of twizzlers.

Nice, isn't it? It's because all that LGA time that was promised to DCA and the 76 people who transferred there from the base closure went to CLT.

I just have to get this off my chest - forgive me for venting, but this came up yesterday. If you are a blockholder and you somehow think it's so unfair that reserves get pay no credit for ETB, you should bid RSV and enjoy the benefits yourself.

Does anyone else feel like there is this huge underlying elephant-in-the-room anomisity that continues to grow between BH's and RSVs? It concerns me that we seem to becoming more divided as it does nothing for our personal growth within the union. Just my 2 bags of twizzlers.

They(BH) also make comments about us sitting around just to collect a 73 hour guarantee. Sorry Miss I was hired in 1984, but I'm on B scale and 73hrs is not much more than a bag of Cranberry Nut Mix. Yes, VA I agree with your post. The Union keeps protecting those who are going to sadly be deceased or in a nursing home in the next 5-10 years. Their human cry is "The International Girls won't go for that." OVER IT!

Just like when the topic of "Rotating" Rsv ... Flores won't look at it because it won't benefit BHs.... Isn't this about RESERVES?

VPLOA for March for DCA, PHL ... Funny they needed people in that base when the displacements occurred :blink:

I'm all for unity, but is so one-sided....

:eek: She obviously still doesn't get that she's talking to the wrong person.

A quick search of the USAviation members list shows that aside from myself-FlyOnWall, there's theFLYonthewall (who she still thinks she's talking to), there is also a flyonthewall, and 162 other posters with the word "Fly" in their name. So she has close to 170 other posters to confuse with each other and make herself look like an idiot with. Think how many variations on the lame "fly swatter" joke we can look forward to!

Thankfully everyone else seems to have at least second grade reading skills, so hopefully no one will mistake the posters Sally, Sally4th, or Sally06, 79mustang, mustang or SMMustang for a one-line, easily confused idiot.

Newly elected officers take office in July.

FlyOnWall I do get the fact that you definitely have a burr up your a_ _ and need to get off of your high horses and as I stated shoo. I have figured out who you are for your condescending attitude. If you will look in my original post to theflyonwall it was never directed at you. You are the one who brought reference to your name. If you did not want to bring any attention to yourself then do not draw attention to yourself in a post that was never never directed at you. How about you going and having a few cocktails as usual. Yes elections are coming up soon. Thank goodness and I pray for change. So shoo go away and stay away.

The time that went to CLT replaced the lost 190 time. I asked for an explanation and got one including the f/a numbers. It was an even wash with the number of f/as. It didn't create more time for CLT. CLT has been short of f/as for a while. With the HNL, GIG, and the ROME coming to CLT, they probably realize they need the staffing going towards the spring. I am thinking of transferring myself, but will probably just sit reserve there.

A friend of mine used to work with the group that handled transfers, voluntary furloughs and medical leaves. He told me on some days he removed up to 200 flight attendants a day for meds, oijs, lost ids, etc. Hard to get any kind of grip on staffing numbers.

Hopefully, our negotiating commitee will come up with something for the reserves. It's time.

Just flew with a PHL crew that were talking about an email response McCorkle sent a girl transfering in. She wrote all the afa reps and blasted them over the entire system. McCorkle writes back she is a F**** idiot and can't wait until she starts commuting. :ph34r:

Just flew with a PHL crew that were talking about an email response McCorkle sent a girl transfering in. She wrote all the afa reps and blasted them over the entire system. McCorkle writes back she is a F**** idiot and can't wait until she starts commuting. :ph34r:

Looks like someone needs to a long hard look in the mirror instead of blasting others over email....... :ph34r:

I just read the email and it was forwarded to me. That type of a response is uncalled for. He must not plan on running again. He is certainly sealing his fate. People vent to union reps because they are frustrated. You have to take it with some salt. Responding like that to a memeber is just nuts. Thank God my union rep has a little class.

Look here all of you, I was the one at the end of F Bombs it is NO BUENO. It is a tough job I still love it and all of you make me HAPPY. I would NEVER trade my wins ,LOSSES for anything ............... GOD BLESS it is a nuevo year

Sorry Miss I was hired in 1984, but I'm on B scale and 73hrs is not much more than a bag of Cranberry Nut Mix.

BabyGirl,

If you were hired in 1984, you my lady are not on "B" Scale. You are at the top of the pay scale. Don't throw a pity on a party unless you have the balls to back it up with truth. Granted the RSV system sucks... Nobody and I mean nobody disagrees with you... BH's included... However... the fact still remains the same... We are in negotiations that are still on going and hopefully we will have something we can view, vote on and approve or not. Fact is, you have a voice... use it... but don't try to make me feel sorry for you... Pity gets you no where on this site... You see how everyone just loves PIT and wants it back... right...
Catching my drift... Your comments on seniority also bother me... Perhaps you would like all the senior people to leave... Just quit so you become senior... Would that make you happy?... Then perhaps the items everyone wants to #$*%! about for the BH's might come back and bite you in your ass...

The basic principle of a contract is seniority based... With that in mind... You should look far enough ahead of yourself to see beyond your selfishness...

Just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back