Aircraft maint issues

Hit the nail right on the head. Anyone who hails from America Worst might want to regress back under the desk. One of the highest fines ever in history for failures in the realm of commercial aircraft maintenance, might have been the cause of the bankruptcy. I think DUI Doug Parker was running the show about then? Must have been on his second DUI.

I had the dis-pleasure of working on some of the AW finest flying junkers back then, to call them Boeing 757s would be an insult to Boeing Inc. These things were so ragged out and filthy I wouldn't have put my mother-in-law on one...yes that bad. The way AA maintenance is being ruined over the last few years, hollowed out, and outsourced to death, AA might as well put a puke colored "AW" logo on the tail.

We are so very fortunate have DUI Doug and the rest of the Tempe Brain Trust running AA into the ground. But hey, DUI Doug won the lottery, he's making millions and spending it like a drunk in Vegas on the management team that couldn't run a 7-11.

What would happen if any of YOU had three DUIs??? Would you be making hundreds of millions and spouting off about "Validate the Trust" to the unwashed masses??? Hardly.... You wouldn't have a job here. Period.

Hackman, you don't have a clue about AWA. Did you know that Rolls Royce came and took the highest flying time engine back to England. AWA 757 engine had over 30,000 hours on wing. Some of the reasons were the prevention maintenance that was performed all that time. Bill Franke fired 500 technicians in 1995, that is why the FAA placed 2.5 Million dollars in fines. The FAA forced the company to bring back the 500 technicians. Some of the finest technicians I have had the pleasure to work with. Professional and extreme commitment to safety and the flying public. Remember if it was not for the management team from AWA the US Airways and the American Airlines merger might not have happened. So before you start giving out your opinion get your facts straight!!!

That is not what I am saying. As far as I am concerned both of you are welcome, however I am not going to involve myself in a private argument.
I was just trying to respect your board, I enjoy reading it, my issue on the SWA board is when we aren't getting anywhere and the strong AMFA supporters don't want to acknowledge that guys are really mad. Plus they come over here and say your Association sucks, and hint AMFA will solve your problems because they are a craft union, when they can't even bring us an agreement, that if it's bad we could vote it down.

Hackman, you don't have a clue about AWA. Did you know that Rolls Royce came and took the highest flying time engine back to England. AWA 757 engine had over 30,000 hours on wing. Some of the reasons were the prevention maintenance that was performed all that time. Bill Franke fired 500 technicians in 1995, that is why the FAA placed 2.5 Million dollars in fines. The FAA forced the company to bring back the 500 technicians. Some of the finest technicians I have had the pleasure to work with. Professional and extreme commitment to safety and the flying public. Remember if it was not for the management team from AWA the US Airways and the American Airlines merger might not have happened. So before you start giving out your opinion get your facts straight!!!

The merger might not have happened? So, what's your point? You know there is a difference between being bankrupt, and filing for bankrptcy with almost $6 billion in the bank right? So, lets just put that to bed right now, AA did not need to merge with US Air/AWA.

The merger might not have happened? So, what's your point? You know there is a difference between being bankrupt, and filing for bankrptcy with almost $6 billion in the bank right? So, lets just put that to bed right now, AA did not need to merge with US Air/AWA.
Unfortunately they were the only Merger partner left for American, so why did the board pick Parker to run the new company, if he was such a drunk, did they not trust American's own management team?

Like we had 2 mechanics at the protest in Oakland, the rest pilots and F/ A s, that should scare them, I am not crying to them, just letting them know that the picture you guys try to paint of AMFA the great savior , it not what the great white horse, like you try to sell to them, you pom pom boys can't argue with logic, so sad!

Where have you been for the last 30 years? Look around, your biggest problem isn't your union, it's what happened to the rest of us. We may have recently passed you in hourly pay, but that's about it. You guys have probably the best benefits package around. You get awarded life changing amounts of money for profit sharing every year; in contrast to us at AA getting a fraction of what you received. AMFA is fighting from the top of the hill, when you're at the top - it's a tougher sell to justify even more. I wish we had your problems!

Unfortunately they were the only Merger partner left for American, so why did the board pick Parker to run the new company, if he was such a drunk, did they not trust American's own management team?

The board of directors wanted to file for BK to dump as many liabilities as possible - including CBAs, and Gerard Arpey did not. The board then asked Arpey to leave, and brought in Horton. Horton was not well liked by anybody, so enough employees were sold on the idea of bringing the former AA employee on as a replacement for old butter face Horton. It wasn't until after the change in leadership, that Doug's misdeeds really came to light. By then it was too late. There was a plea to bring Robert Crandall back out of retirement.

Where have you been for the last 30 years? Look around, your biggest problem isn't your union, it's what happened to the rest of us. We may have recently passed you in hourly pay, but that's about it. You guys have probably the best benefits package around. You get awarded life changing amounts of money for profit sharing every year; in contrast to us at AA getting a fraction of what you received. AMFA is fighting from the top of the hill, when you're at the top - it's a tougher sell to justify even more. I wish we had your problems!
I know that I have always said that, our position is let us vote on it and decide for ourselves, it's easy to say we are the top when we have never gone through bankruptcy, and AMFA to say except for Fed ex and UPS we have the highest paid passenger airline mechanics, Delta passed us a long time ago. If your company is bankrupt wouldn't matter what union you had, it would still be a **** sandwich to eat. You guys will get presented a T/ A before we will, the only thing that will get us a T/A is if AMFA thinks they will be replaced, and then maybe not then !

As a LAA mechanic I did not want this merger. This aw/us management team is destroying what once was a great full cost airline. Not Walmart air. Your right that’s my opinion. But it’s facts also when top tier advantage members are complaining of the low cost service. Plus we used to do all our maintenance in house and the airplanes were pristine.so I do not agree with you at all.

Reactions: Topcat187 and 1AA
Oh don't I? I know what I witnessed pertaining to AW 757s. A 30,000hr RB211 on-wing don't mean much when the air frame is falling apart. Issues that were documented and not addressed by America Worst management, apparently because they didn't want to spend the money to repair the aircraft properly. I'm not saying there were not some fine AMTs at America Worst, just that the standards of your management were shall we say, lacking. As we are now living at AA with the US Air management take over.

In addition, no one on our side of the fence wanted to merge with US Air, for obvious reasons that other airlines like Delta could see. AA didn't need to merge with US Air, but US Air needed it badly. US Air would not be in business today more than likely if the merger would have failed, they were heading for another bankruptcy and probably Chapter 7 Liquidation. We also didn't want this abortion called the "Association", it was forced on us by the AFl-CIo and Trumka with out the promised vote.

I have my facts straight.

Oh don't I? I know what I witnessed pertaining to AW 757s. A 30,000hr RB211 on-wing don't mean much when the air frame is falling apart. Issues that were documented and not addressed by America Worst management, apparently because they didn't want to spend the money to repair the aircraft properly. I'm not saying there were not some fine AMTs at America Worst, just that the standards of your management were shall we say, lacking. As we are now living at AA with the US Air management take over.

In addition, no one on our side of the fence wanted to merge with US Air, for obvious reasons that other airlines like Delta could see. AA didn't need to merge with US Air, but US Air needed it badly. US Air would not be in business today more than likely if the merger would have failed, they were heading for another bankruptcy and probably Chapter 7 Liquidation. We also didn't want this abortion called the "Association", it was forced on us by the AFl-CIo and Trumka with out the promised vote.

Unfortunately when Corporations and shareholders want it, plus the pilots that drive the boat, want it, the merger happened. There were some of us that didn't want Airtran, but it happened, and we had to make the best of it! Hackman is back !

Unfortunately when Corporations and shareholders want it, plus the pilots that drive the boat, want it, the merger happened. There were some of us that didn't want Airtran, but it happened, and we had to make the best of it! Hackman is back !
Spare us your lecture. Unfortunately for you and as per usual, you don't have a clue what happened over here. I am pleased to see that you didn't cry endlessly about "your money" or how AMFA didn't cave in a bring back you (SWA) a concessionary T/A for "us to look at" and you could vote "yes" for. Progress for you I guess.

One more thing, stop using a !!!! to end every sentence at the end. Makes you look like immature failed Reamster minion.

You crack me up! Ever since we been working on AA metal we find you guys need to go back to the basics of aircraft maintenance. Your guys do a bullshit walk around and then go watch tv. Our guys are stuck changing your tires and brakes. I've been in aviation for 37 years and your maintenance program needed help. No more FAA guys in your pocket! IMO

You crack me up! Ever since we been working on AA metal we find you guys need to go back to the basics of aircraft maintenance. Your guys do a bullshit walk around and then go watch tv. Our guys are stuck changing your tires and brakes. I've been in aviation for 37 years and your maintenance program needed help. No more FAA guys in your pocket! IMO
I've been in aviation over 40 years and I have never seen a worse maintenance program than US Air. Even TWA was better. Our program needed help? That is really funny considering your program is helpless. Or maybe it's just you.

Hey Old Guy with all that is happening in TULE was thinking we should have a Base maintenance thread. What do you think?

Latest posts