Aircraft maint issues

I like the idea of the tiered or enhanced 401k myself AND the IAMPF thrown in as a bonus.

Why not go for it all?

Why Not? That's an easy one.
I do not want a union , any union, with any say over my retirement monies, none, zero zilch.
Throwing in the IAMPF is not a bonus, it's a kick in the nuts, especially if it means the enhancement to my 401K is less because of the "throw in".

Nope, NO IAMPF, just enhance my 401K the maximum it can be, Period!

Pilots and flight attendants jobs at AA have and are constantly bring outsourced. AA is shifting mainline flying to Eagle. If you don't think that's outsourcing then go find a pilot or flight attendant and ask them about it. I never thought the moving of flights over to Eagle was outsourcing in the same sense that we consider what outsourcing is.
But are AA pilots and flight attendants being outsourced to China? Central America? Brazil?
Is TIMCO doing any flying for AA? I have not seen or heard of any talk regarding this.
So I guess when aircraft moves get shifted over to fleet, is that maintenance outsourcing?

But are AA pilots and flight attendants being outsourced to China? Central America? Brazil?
Is TIMCO doing any flying for AA? I have not seen or heard of any talk regarding this.
So I guess when aircraft moves get shifted over to fleet, is that maintenance outsourcing?

Metal,
SW, Delta and United all outsource plenty, yet they have much enhanced 401K's over what we have?

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned when aircraft moves are shifted to fleet, that's a loss of mechanic work. I consider it outsourced work. Now I know the twu will not see it that way. As always, all they care about are dues.

Weeze, just 2 points of clarification. LAA F/A's are the only ones covered under the enhanced 401K. And they had to be on property as of 2012 or 2013. Those of us getting the enhanced 401K, it is a contribution and not a match. The LUS and the new hires after the magical date do get a 3% contribution, plus they can get a 2.5% match as well IF they contribute at least that much. On 1-1-19, we will all go down to the 3% contribution with the ability to get the 2.5% match.

Thank you for the clarity IORFA. So basically I think what you're saying is that the enhanced 401k formula is not as enhanced as some of the posters here believe it really is?

If we take out the conversation here on the IAMPF I personally prefer of course higher BASE wages even over any actual larger match percentages myself. The higher my BASE wages the more I can decide myself how much of that I want to defer to that retirement account instead of maybe focusing on other areas.

Maybe I want to spend my last 10 or 12 years paying off my mortgage? Or put enough aside to invest in another property to rent out for added income?

The raises we just got with more on the way did modify my thinking in some areas.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned when aircraft moves are shifted to fleet, that's a loss of mechanic work. I consider it outsourced work. Now I know the twu will not see it that way. As always, all they care about are dues.

That doesn't make sense dvlhog. The reason why is that the TWU dues is two times our hourly rate per month. If I remember correctly 70% stays with your Local while 30% goes to the International? (Might even be less)

So who gives them more dues income, you or me?

That doesn't make sense dvlhog. The reason why is that the TWU dues is two times our hourly rate per month. If I remember correctly 70% stays with your Local while 30% goes to the International? (Might even be less)

So who gives them more dues income, you or me?

Weez, my point is as far as AMTS are concerned. It's outsourced work, with all due respect to your work group.

Why Not? That's an easy one.
I do not want a union , any union, with any say over my retirement monies, none, zero zilch.
Throwing in the IAMPF is not a bonus, it's a kick in the nuts, especially if it means the enhancement to my 401K is less because of the "throw in".

Nope, NO IAMPF, just enhance my 401K the maximum it can be, Period!

I won't argue with you because all retirement investments are a crap shoot depending on how good those investments did for you over time?

You could be someone who self manages his 401k picks and make moves that even Buffett himself would be proud of?

I have my ideas for investing and you have yours. Let's hope we both get it right.

Weez, my point is as far as AMTS are concerned. It's outsourced work, with all due respect to your work group.

If you go back in time to the first group that was ever doing Aircraft moves I'm sure that group were Mechanics. So yes it is outsourced work of yours given/taken, to/from your group to mine.

No offense taken whatsoever.

On the outsourcing of jobs over the years in both our groups I just don't blame any of the "acronyms" for those happenings. If you take out all the destruction caused by Deregulation I believe it's the Leaders (Presidents) who were voted in who did it all to us over time?

We vote in Presidents who are Senior guys who I'm sure are thinking about themselves and more so also people in their age range. So when they negotiate the Company offers them money in return for jobs or small cities.

Many of you here go back even longer than I do. Weren't there times where there was a buyout package attached to a vote? The infamous 5 and 5 for instance?

Didn't Peterson just say in his last video that the only reason the UAL deal passed is because they slapped a $100,000 buyout offer to get it to pass?

How many of our members do you think we have that would also sell off the future for an added 100k if we're close to retirement?

I've just always found blaming the acronym to be kind of silly. Should I blame AARP because I can't get my senior citizen discounts until I hit 55 which is another 3 years away? Why can't I get my discounts at 50? (Just making a point here)

Another example if we want we can call a sellout. We just got some very decent raises in October. But in return now we see pay scales that were extended out a few more years for guys not yet at top out.

Should the Association have walked away from that because even though they did get raises it screwed our junior Brothers and Sisters?

If we had voted on that does anyone really believe the majority would have voted no?

On the outsourcing of jobs over the years in both our groups I just don't blame any of the "acronyms" for those happenings. If you take out all the destruction caused by Deregulation I believe it's the Leaders (Presidents) who were voted in who did it all to us over time?

We vote in Presidents who are Senior guys who I'm sure are thinking about themselves and more so also people in their age range. So when they negotiate the Company offers them money in return for jobs or small cities.

Many of you here go back even longer than I do. Weren't there times where there was a buyout package attached to a vote? The infamous 5 and 5 for instance?

Didn't Peterson just say in his last video that the only reason the UAL deal passed is because they slapped a $100,000 buyout offer to get it to pass?

How many of our members do you think we have that would also sell off the future for an added 100k if we're close to retirement?

I've just always found blaming the acronym to be kind of silly. Should I blame AARP because I can't get my senior citizen discounts until I hit 55 which is another 3 years away? Why can't I get my discounts at 50? (Just making a point here)

There is a lot more to it than you are suggesting. When it came to screwing A/C Maintenance - especially the line guys, the TWU International was extremely creative. Divide and concur is a TWU favorite to get a deal done. Yes, behind the scenes bribes, and blackmail also very popular. What a fun group to be represented by.

There is a lot more to it than you are suggesting. When it came to screwing A/C Maintenance - especially the line guys, the TWU International was extremely creative. Divide and concur is a TWU favorite to get a deal done. Yes, behind the scenes bribes, and blackmail also very popular. What a fun group to be represented by.

Vortilon these are comments I read constantly here on Forums that I've never seen one shread of proof on? And I'm not at all saying that maybe you aren't 100% correct and at many times the "people" in the TWU have screwed all of us to some degree?

But just for once instead of using the acronym can I read the "names" of the people you claim screwed you?

Who were these people and how far back in time do they go? Where are these people today? Were there also voted in Local Presidents who screwed you?

If it's the people who were around in 1983 you're going to bring up again, that was 34 years ago. Do we have to assume that anyone who reaches the International heights is automatically going to also maybe be a S bag?

I would agree with this 100%. If a work group loses work to another work group, vendor or shifts it to another country, there is no other definition to it other than "outsourced". And we all know it's because of cost. I do not know who that lady is that told that mechanic they did it so they would have enough mechanics to do the important jobs, but to insult ones intelligence like that made her look like the fool.

Once the lines are gone to Eagle it makes no difference where it went. AA crews no longer have those lines to bid because they are gone. We send aircraft to Alabama for work. Last time I checked Alabama was part of the United States. So in your opinion if the work stays in the United States it's not outsourcing even though we at AA no longer work or fly those routes with AA people.

Back