Aircraft maint issues

I just heard another LAA maintenance Director (Mark Easton) is being shown the door, although
I have no opinion on him it seems like another step in the wrong direction as far as LAA AMT's
are concerned.
Easton is hated by most in Tulsa. Of course I'm sure they could bring a US Air guy in who could be worse. We'll see but I'm betting it will be a US Air guy.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned when aircraft moves are shifted to fleet, that's a loss of mechanic work. I consider it outsourced work. Now I know the twu will not see it that way. As always, all they care about are dues.
Absolute conflict of interest having both groups in same union add Envoy to that too. Strength in numbers might have worked when we were able to strike but that argument is gone forever

Does anybody know who approves membership into the Facebook group American Airlines Twu/IAM Amt's? It's been close to a week since I've requested to join.

I will never understand why quite a few guys on here keep blaming someone else.
I am no fan of any of the current Local or International TWU representatives. Regardless of what you think.The members when they get to vote are making the decisions, either voting for officers ,contracts or a new union. Unfortunately the TWU members will never be a united front, too many leaders not enough rowers.
Parker is going to fundamentally change AA he thinks for the better. Either we get on board and adjust for the better of AMT's or we will continue to be disgruntled, miserable Union members.
I am waiting for the card drive to start. Oh, wait a minute there is no card drive.People must be content.
Have a great Easter

Vortilon these are comments I read constantly here on Forums that I've never seen one shread of proof on? And I'm not at all saying that maybe you aren't 100% correct and at many times the "people" in the TWU have screwed all of us to some degree?

But just for once instead of using the acronym can I read the "names" of the people you claim screwed you?

Who were these people and how far back in time do they go? Where are these people today? Were there also voted in Local Presidents who screwed you?

If it's the people who were around in 1983 you're going to bring up again, that was 34 years ago. Do we have to assume that anyone who reaches the International heights is automatically going to also maybe be a S bag?

Ed Kosiatek, Jim Little, Bobby Gless, Don Videtich, and there are more like all of local 514's past presidents. Hope that helps, there are more. I find that regardless of the name changes, the results are always the same. The method to get the International's desired outcome is pretty predictable. The current pace of negotiations for example, this is scripted, and the International is just fine with it.

Ed Kosiatek, Jim Little, Bobby Gless, Don Videtich, and there are more like all of local 514's past presidents. Hope that helps, there are more. I find that regardless of the name changes, the results are always the same. The method to get the International's desired outcome is pretty predictable. The current pace of negotiations for example, this is scripted, and the International is just fine with it.

Thanks Vortilon. I'm not much up on things that people think Ed Kosiatek did to them and the people he worked with at that time? But I have learned more over time IMO both the good and bad of the other three. Do you have any hope/expectations for anything different with Lombardo at the helm? Have you noticed anything you can think of where he might be headed in the right direction? And yes I did notice that you said you think this is all just scripted (could be)

The 514 Presidents I think were just doing whatever they could to protect their members and keep them working. That's what they're voted in to do and I expect Danker of course is continuing to do that.

What do you think of President Peterson? Do you think Lombardo would except and try to pass on to you something that he didn't support? And do you think he would then try to sell it to you? He doesn't strike me as that type personally.

Have you ever met or spoken to Harry Lombardo, Alex Garcia or Mike Mays? Personally I've known Alex since 2003 and "I" trust the guy, met Mike once and have talked to him a few times, and only met Harry himself once.

Thanks Vortilon. I'm not much up on things that people think Ed Kosiatek did to them and the people he worked with at that time? But I have learned more over time IMO both the good and bad of the other three. Do you have any hope/expectations for anything different with Lombardo at the helm? Have you noticed anything you can think of where he might be headed in the right direction? And yes I did notice that you said you think this is all just scripted (could be)

The 514 Presidents I think were just doing whatever they could to protect their members and keep them working. That's what they're voted in to do and I expect Danker of course is continuing to do that.

What do you think of President Peterson? Do you think Lombardo would except and try to pass on to you something that he didn't support? And do you think he would then try to sell it to you? He doesn't strike me as that type personally.

Have you ever met or spoken to Harry Lombardo, Alex Garcia or Mike Mays? Personally I've known Alex since 2003 and "I" trust the guy, met Mike once and have talked to him a few times, and only met Harry himself once.

I expect the International members to act in the best interests of the International, which is usually not in line with the Line AMTs in the membership. I expect them to ask us to accept less to maintain the headcount in overhaul to maintain dues payers or $$. They are hoping we forgot what happened the last few times we did that, the heads were chopped anyway. Oh and no tax write off for our charitable contribution for the sacrifice. Lombardo doesn't get to DFW much - one time IIRC about 3 or 4 years ago. I think Gary Peterson understands what is important to the people he represents, and is doing as much as he can. Unfortunately, he is bogged down with having to deal with all the other work groups issues as well. This is where, if we just had our own union - the focus would be on issues that concerned AMTs.

I expect the International members to act in the best interests of the International, which is usually not in line with the Line AMTs in the membership. I expect them to ask us to accept less to maintain the headcount in overhaul to maintain dues payers or $$. They are hoping we forgot what happened the last few times we did that, the heads were chopped anyway. Oh and no tax write off for our charitable contribution for the sacrifice. Lombardo doesn't get to DFW much - one time IIRC about 3 or 4 years ago. I think Gary Peterson understands what is important to the people he represents, and is doing as much as he can. Unfortunately, he is bogged down with having to deal with all the other work groups issues as well. This is where, if we just had our own union - the focus would be on issues that concerned AMTs.

Thanks again for the response.

I did hear when Harry first won the position he went to NYC and they ran him off on a rail. I hope you guys didn't do that in DFW too?

How can anyone expect to get their message across if they won't even give the guy a chance right out of the gate?

And I'm not at all saying that for sure he's going to come through and could wind up being just as big a disappointment as the people who came before him? But what do any of us have to lose in at least giving him a shot?

I'll clue you in on something I said to Alex after he won. You got your work cut out for you and I'll give you a good year to start with to see what you can do. One of my big litmus tests is looking at those LM2's. So far, so good. Information? Still needs a little more work but they're getting better. And they do need to get around our system here at AA just a little more IMO.

But we also shouldn't forget that the TWU is not just AA. Although right now I think the focus is back on us with other issues behind them.

Does anybody know who approves membership into the Facebook group American Airlines Twu/IAM Amt's? It's been close to a week since I've requested to join.

Sometimes guys who make these Group pages lose interest and abandon them. I've seen quite a few Group pages dry up because no one was keeping up the role of being an admin.

Sometimes guys who make these Group pages lose interest and abandon them. I've seen quite a few Group pages dry up because no one was keeping up the role of being an admin.
That's what I'm sort of thinking. They only have around 250 members.

That's what I'm sort of thinking. They only have around 250 members.

In Fleet we have 3 active running pages that all have over 1000 members. One has almost 2000. But to be honest it's usually the same people on all three who make comments. Not a high degree of participation but I do know that there are many people who just read cause they come up to me on the Ramp.

I really don't understand frankly why there doesn't seem to be a good Mechanic Group page out there?

There are 4 admins listed on the home page. Maybe you can message them and they will see it? Looking at their personal pages it appears they don't post much, at least not publicly. If it helps, I sent a request a week or so ago too with no response.

In Fleet we have 3 active running pages that all have over 1000 members. One has almost 2000. But to be honest it's usually the same people on all three who make comments. Not a high degree of participation but I do know that there are many people who just read cause they come up to me on the Ramp.

I really don't understand frankly why there doesn't seem to be a good Mechanic Group page out there?
Because guys like you meddle in our affairs and ends up corrupting the discussions.

Because guys like you meddle in our affairs and ends up corrupting the discussions.

Incorrect Sir. Unlike Airline Forums which is an open message board where the admins do not restrict unless there are violations of the posted rules (Remember the quote "What part of a message board do you not understand")

A Facebook group page is run by whoever sets it up and maybe chooses other Admins to help him or her. You can let on anyone you choose even if all you want to choose are AA Mechanics. You can even make it only Line AA Mechanics if you ask who the people are that want to join and screen them.

No it's some other reason that is up to you to figure out why any FB Aircraft Mechanic Group page hasn't caught on?

Maybe it's what ATD said earlier up the thread?

HAD ENOUGH YET?

Back