Aircraft maint issues

Poor innocent little driver. He's just a victim. He never brings anything upon himself.
Dude it's this simple there are times I think our union sucks, granted it's not as bad as what American feels they are going through. If you think AMFA is great more power to you. I am tired of lets see Last year they supposedly had scope done, didn't sign off on it, ask for impossible economics and got put on hold by the mediator for six months. Then the beginning of this year almost to an AIP, oh now our economists had to leave, we can't send an email we have to go to a B.B.Q. Then we finally get an AIP , taking forever to turn that into a T/A. It will be another excuse next week, and update #67 blaming the company. Not taking personal responsibility that God knows maybe they are incompetent.But they are your heros. We can keep it on SWA, or American can see what they really are, and we are, their cash cow for a lawfirm. I am glad their card drive at American Airlines is going to be anyone but AMFA.

Dude it's this simple there are times I think our union sucks, granted it's not as bad as what American feels they are going through. If you think AMFA is great more power to you. I am tired of lets see Last year they supposedly had scope done, didn't sign off on it, ask for impossible economics and got put on hold by the mediator for six months. Then the beginning of this year almost to an AIP, oh now our economists had to leave, we can't send an email we have to go to a B.B.Q. Then we finally get an AIP , taking forever to turn that into a T/A. It will be another excuse next week, and update #67 blaming the company. Not taking personal responsibility that God knows maybe they are incompetent.But they are your heros. We can keep it on SWA, or American can see what they really are, and we are, their cash cow for a lawfirm. I am glad their card drive at American Airlines is going to be anyone but AMFA.
Why don't you start a card drive for the Industrial Unions?

Poor innocent little driver. He's just a victim. He never brings anything upon himself.

Wow! He is so uninformed it is sad. His answer to your post speaks volumes crow.
He claims all kinds of chaos but in reality the union won out by NOT caving to the co's request in scope, and he is bitching about it. Wow. The union held strong on scope and he is still beeching about it. Incredible huh???

Wow! He is so uninformed it is sad. His answer to your post speaks volumes crow.
He claims all kinds of chaos but in reality the union won out by NOT caving to the co's request in scope, and he is bitching about it. Wow. The union held strong on scope and he is still beeching about it. Incredible huh???
I am infomed you are in your perfect world in internet land, as long as people agree to your level of thinking and support AMFA regardless of the results they are welcome. If they have a different level of thinking it's wrong. I am glad the American guys get to see not everyone rides your little Disneyland train at SWA.

And there is more that I left out crow. Not only did the NC hold off the scope ask for us, they also were successful in keeping LOA 2 in the new contract, therefore it will not sunset (if this is voted in) when we get a new agreement like the company was demanding before. Some other issues are full retro in back pay including folks that are no longer here. They also were able to keep the ETOPS work that they originally agreed to and Hawaii language along with some international stuff. Nothing was changed with our day trades and hours worked so that was a huge QOL issue that also stays.
Crow I do not have all the details on these tech positions that are at topic now, but I have never heard anything about these positions until these last few weeks after the AIP was agreed to, and that is why these very few positions are pissing off a lot and most of the membership to be holding this vote up. Hopefully we will be getting some good news after this weekend or before the mediation dates and we can all move forward.

And there is more that I left out crow. Not only did the NC hold off the scope ask for us, they also were successful in keeping LOA 2 in the new contract, therefore it will not sunset (if this is voted in) when we get a new agreement like the company was demanding before. Some other issues are full retro in back pay including folks that are no longer here. They also were able to keep the ETOPS work that they originally agreed to and Hawaii language along with some international stuff. Nothing was changed with our day trades and hours worked so that was a huge QOL issue that also stays.
Crow I do not have all the details on these tech positions that are at topic now, but I have never heard anything about these positions until these last few weeks after the AIP was agreed to, and that is why these very few positions are pissing off a lot and most of the membership to be holding this vote up. Hopefully we will be getting some good news after this weekend or before the mediation dates and we can all move forward.
Swamt do you honesty believe it is about 4 positions to hold up a muti million dollar deal? If you do I will sale you some beach front property in Arizona.It is about the control and distribution of 91 MILLION DOLLARS!!!. Read update #66 real close in fact tell the American guys to read it. If AMFA's little insurance policy that if they control the distribution, especially being split that no one would think of doing a card drive to replace them .Also if we reject it, people would be afraid to do a card drive without a new contract. Looks like AMFA has learned from their Northwest mistakes, and the industrial unions.

Last edited:
At this point, it really wouldn't be that difficult to get folks to sign cards for AMP or AMFA.
At this point I think AMFA is not showing much interest in increasing its membership and capital. It's not run by the same enthusiasm that was there when Mr. Delle-Femine started AMFA back in 1962. AMP is probably our best choice. But unfortunately you'll have guys wanting to either stay with status qué, the Teamsters or no union.

Reactions: B737 driver
At this point I think AMFA is not showing much interest in increasing its membership and capital. It's not run by the same enthusiasm that was there when Mr. Delle-Femine started AMFA back in 1962. AMP is probably our best choice. But unfortunately you'll have guys wanting to either stay with status qué, the Teamsters or no union.
Well for the American mechanics , you know what AMFA track record is. As far as AMP, how long have they been around? How are they structured?

Well for the American mechanics , you know what AMFA track record is. As far as AMP, how long have they been around? How are they structured?
Coming from a AMFA member who does not think highly of a craft union that you currently practice in I'll pass on any comment other than what I just said.

Coming from a AMFA member who does not think highly of a craft union that you currently practice in I'll pass on any comment other than what I just said.
I don't like what our version has become, you guys can have whoever you want. I have never heard of them, so that's why I asked?

Latest posts