Aircraft maint issues

Really? Ok explain to me then why the Company has offered your group 10 Holidays and is only offering mine 7? Oh and I also heard they were offering you more sick days as well?

And you're right. They do nothing at all for you. Forget the fact they went in and accepted those raises in advance for you. They didn't mean diddly right?

And you're not in a Fleet Union. You're in a Bus, Rail, Fireman, Fleet, FA, Mechanic, Maintenance, Gambling and even Bike share Union. And a few others as well.

Smarten up bro. Stop buying in to all the rhetoric. Be an educated professional.

Well, we haven't heard anything that has been offered from the company - to any title group. I would expect for the AMTs to get what the Sim Techs got - if not more. Also, consideration to what the AMTs at Delta and UAL have for benefits - has to be taken into consideration as well. Having said that, the offers you mention in your post; if accurate, would explain why.

Well, we haven't heard anything that has been offered from the company - to any title group. I would expect for the AMTs to get what the Sim Techs got - if not more. Also, consideration to what the AMTs at Delta and UAL have for benefits - has to be taken into consideration as well. Having said that, the offers you mention in your post; if accurate, would explain why.

That's correct. Until it is offered to you in the form of a formal agreement in writing it doesn't mean diddly. Our co. is trying the very same tactics here trying to claim that there is a great offer on the table and there is not one. They simply only claim what they are willing to offer if one is made. They use this type of tactics to get some input from the members on what it would really take to get an agreement. And yes, some of our members have told them but they do not seem to listen or it was not what they wanted to hear. With this co. in nego's one day they agree and the very next day they retract and even reopen items they agreed to and closed in previous discussions, time and time again this is done. Moral of the story; until it's in writing and right in front of you for a membership vote, don't believe it. Remember the 7% above Delta or United offer from Parker? Reneged down to 3% now. Just an example...

If you go back on the Fleet thread one of the Negotiators said we're not going to hear about individual articles being TA'd anymore. That things are likely going to be handled packaged up from now on. You really should read what they had to say because it does go for both groups IMO.

What I heard "Things went very well and there was a lot of work done. I really believe the Company wants to get this over with and come to deals" And I don't believe smoke was being blown up my ***.

Despite maybe what Isom said in that Town Hall?

BTW Vort. What SWAMT and his guys are going through over there for now is quite a bit different then our situation.

SWA Management is waiting for AA to lock in IMO to see what the industries Labor Costs are before they decide if they can/will move or not.

Their overall Labor costs according to Market Realist were 5% higher than ours at the end of the 4th Quarter 2016.

That's the thing SWAMT keeps ignoring but also maybe the reason he's in no rush to get a deal. (Although sometimes I do read the frustrations in his posts)

Really? Ok explain to me then why the Company has offered your group 10 Holidays and is only offering mine 7? Oh and I also heard they were offering you more sick days as well?

And you're right. They do nothing at all for you. Forget the fact they went in and accepted those raises in advance for you. They didn't mean diddly right?

And you're not in a Fleet Union. You're in a Bus, Rail, Fireman, Fleet, FA, Mechanic, Maintenance, Gambling and even Bike share Union. And a few others as well.

Smarten up bro. Stop buying in to all the rhetoric. Be an educated professional.
AKA, Industrial non-Class and Craft Union.
Thank you for reminding us.

IMG_2351.JPG
Specifically for 1AA since I know he's an avid reader.

1946. Only one employee today is on the active payroll who remembers working for American Airways without the TWU.

Well you run off and thank him for voting to organize then.

BTW question if you know the answer? You want AMFA. Not exactly a secret. Curious it was started 52 years ago by an AA Mechanic. Why did AA Mechanics chose not to join him back then? I already heard the 2003 year story enough times already.

Curious what was going on in 1964 at AA if you're up on your history?

Well you run off and thank him for voting to organize then.

BTW question if you know the answer? You want AMFA. Not exactly a secret. Curious it was started 52 years ago by an AA Mechanic. Why did AA Mechanics chose not to join him back then? I already heard the 2003 year story enough times already.

Curious what was going on in 1964 at AA if you're up on your history?
You already know the answer and so do I. You appear to have an obsession with Aircraft Maintenance Technicians. There are times when you need to let things go and move on. I know that's asking too much.

You already know the answer and so do I. You appear to have an obsession with Aircraft Maintenance Technicians. There are times when you need to let things go and move on. I know that's asking too much.

No I don't know the answer to what was going on in 1964 or I wouldn't be asking you?

While we're at it can you tell me why AA Mechanics chose to organize with the TWU in 1947? What was going on with them that made them feel the need to organize with that NYC Union?

No I don't know the answer to what was going on in 1964 or I wouldn't be asking you?

While we're at it can you tell me why AA Mechanics chose to organize with the TWU in 1947? What was going on with them that made them feel the need to organize with that NYC Union?
Good question! With the exception of PanAm, AA was the other airline to join the TWU. The rest of the airline industry was dominated by the IAM. It was a good thing because when the IAM struck the industry in 1966, the The TWU would have had quite a dilemma on their hands because the word STRIKE was and still is alien to them. Unless of course it is against the MTA in NYC.
But in all fairness to the TWU, years later they did print up some t-shirts with the slogan "WILL STRIKE IF PROVOKED" years later. I wonder what the word "provoke" means to the TWU?

Good question! With the exception of PanAm, AA was the other airline to join the TWU. The rest of the airline industry was dominated by the IAM. It was a good thing because when the IAM struck the industry in 1966, the The TWU would have had quite a dilemma on their hands because the word STRIKE was and still is alien to them. Unless of course it is against the MTA in NYC.
But in all fairness to the TWU, years later they did print up some t-shirts with the slogan "WILL STRIKE IF PROVOKED" years later. I wonder what the word "provoke" means to the TWU?

As I believe I understand it every group at AA except the PSA for some reason chose to join with the TWU back then. The Pilots and Flight Attendants chose to offshoot on their own later.

They probably chose the TWU because AA was based in NYC back then and there was a lot of happenings with the TWU in that area around that time? And of course because Pan Am went with them as well.

Up until now did the IAM and TWU ever work together on any initiatives against them both or was it more of a "Well you're on your own" type attitude if you know or have heard the real history?

I'm sure somewhere deep in The NY Times archives the history from the ground up has to be stored.