Aircraft maint issues

Don't care, applaud surviving, and move on,

Try applauding surviving, you and all groups will never recover from past sacrifice, NEVER, and most of you now, suffering from ulcers worrying when that restore and more day will come, might want to start thinking about moving on, you just might gain you health back if nothing else.

Hey listen you wet behind the ears Junior you. Don't make me shake my finger vigorously at you.

Now run off and listen to the Queen anthem "I want it all"

Bob, do you truly believe that the purpose of this forum is to discuss all the warm, fuzzy good things that have happened to us? And I mean ALL of us. All airline workers. Tell me, what is that great thing you think we should be applauding here that has happened to us since 2003? The only decent thing was the raise last year. Aside from that, what else? Should we be happy ONLY to have a job? Our numbers once were in the mid 12000 range. We are close to 7000 now and that is not just mechanics. Should we be happy that fleet is taking more mechanic work? Should we be happy they are outsourcing more and more to SA? Asia? Central America? Oh wait they are only building a hangar in SA to do oil changes, I'm sorry. Remember this Bob, NO ONE IS EXEMPT FROM OUTSOURCING!
BTW, don't accuse us mechanics of being the only whiners here. You guys in fleet do a pretty good job of it yourselves on your board.

Is Fleet Service going to perform these oil changes also?

Yes that was funny!
Bob you truly are a dumb ass.

It honestly sickens me how much stupidity you manage to fit into each and every post.

I have no doubt the reason you are not a practicing electrician anymore is because you washed out.

Is Fleet Service going to perform these oil changes also?
Nobody but a licensed mechanic should be touching aircraft engines, period.

I have said it before I will say it again, my opinion is you should not have unlicensed people putting tools on aircraft. Allowing companies to offshore maintenance as well as allowing unlicensed mechanics is proof the FAA in it's current form has outlived its usefulness.

I kind of doubt you guys on this thread really want to understand why things like this happen but I'll give it a go anyway. It has to do with the size of the piece and how much space it takes up when the load plan calls for everything in one belly.

Bags wind up having to be stacked on top of them and that's how they get broken. If the boards came out before we start loading (They usually don't) I'll try to figure out the best way to get them in so they don't get damaged. Most Clerks honestly I hate to say don't think and don't care from my personal observations.

I've even had CC's try to tell me to stack bags on top of HR's. No way. I'm not doing it I tell them. It's very disrespectful for the Dead even for this non Religious guy.

And BTW looking at the video the guy makes his own mistakes by putting them all in one bag which makes them heavier, cumbersome and more prone to being damaged especially since the boards are made of fiberglass.

Last edited:
I kind of doubt you guys on this thread really want to understand why things like this happen but I'll give it a go anyway. It has to do with the size of the piece and how much space it takes up when the load plan calls for everything in one belly.

Bags wind up having to be stacked on top of them and that's how they get broken. If the boards came out before we start loading (They usually don't) I'll try to figure out the best way to get them in so they don't get damaged. Most Clerks honestly I hate to say don't think and don't care from my personal observations.

I've even had CC's try to tell me to stack bags on top of HR's. No way. I'm not doing it I tell them. It's very disrespectful for the Dead even for this non Religious guy.
WeAAs, no need to explain why things like this happen. I posted the response as a humorous response to Albert explaining how important he is.

Last edited:
Don't care, applaud surviving, and move on,

Try applauding surviving, you and all groups will never recover from past sacrifice, NEVER, and most of you now, suffering from ulcers worrying when that restore and more day will come, might want to start thinking about moving on, you just might gain you health back if nothing else.
This isn't exactly the Great Depression where we need soup kitchens to survive. Maybe you are happy begging for crumbs but many of us are not considering billions in profits.

WeAAs, no need to explain why things like this happen. I posted the response as a humorous response to Albert explaining how important he is.

Sorry Metal I forgot for a moment that it was you who posted and not the usual band of Country Club rock throwers who I suppose are still out there looking for their own personal tree house.

Al sits on old Magazine stacks BTW rerouting bags. The plan I hear is to put tires in his office as well too soon.

This isn't exactly the Great Depression where we need soup kitchens to survive. Maybe you are happy begging for crumbs but many of us are not considering billions in profits.

Bob does take the approach "I'm happy with what I got already" a little too much for my tastes too sometimes.

Doesn't seem like he believes in the notion that it's ok to strive for more sometimes IMO.

WOW! What does it take for bob and wesaals to get a clue? And wesaals is still asking why I won't answer him. Just some advise for you guys, stop answering him. I don't care how off the cuff his postings get just stop reading his post and stop responding or he will just keep coming at you. Better yet put him on ignore, it works well. But if you guys would stop answering these two baggage guys or fleet guys whatever they are, just stop responding to them, and start only responding to the guys you know are mechanics. I know I am not AA and I will vacate if you mechanics want me to, but, I would still like to share what effects us all as mechanics in the industry and continue to share contract updates.
With that said; we go back to the table to discus the mechanics for a full week (scheduled) and maybe, just maybe the company will adhere to the full week this time as they always shut it down by at least a day so far in all the past nego's.
no your a amt and are going thru the same thing we are both company's do not want to bargain in good faith. But where your better off is that your in AMFA a mechanics union. Not a the fleet service union we are in. Where when it all comes down to it fleet service and stores will make out with more sick days holidays etc just like they do now. The amt group the only group who gets a half of days pay on the first sick day of each ocurance . And the fact stores has a week of more vacation then we have. The twu never I repeat never dose any thing for the mechanics .

no your a amt and are going thru the same thing we are both company's do not want to bargain in good faith. But where your better off is that your in AMFA a mechanics union. Not a the fleet service union we are in. Where when it all comes down to it fleet service and stores will make out with more sick days holidays etc just like they do now. The amt group the only group who gets a half of days pay on the first sick day of each ocurance . And the fact stores has a week of more vacation then we have. The twu never I repeat never dose any thing for the mechanics .

Really? Ok explain to me then why the Company has offered your group 10 Holidays and is only offering mine 7? Oh and I also heard they were offering you more sick days as well?

And you're right. They do nothing at all for you. Forget the fact they went in and accepted those raises in advance for you. They didn't mean diddly right?

And you're not in a Fleet Union. You're in a Bus, Rail, Fireman, Fleet, FA, Mechanic, Maintenance, Gambling and even Bike share Union. And a few others as well.

Smarten up bro. Stop buying in to all the rhetoric. Be an educated professional.

Last edited:
The twu never dose any thing for mechanics except take what we have and give to other groups

Reactions: 1AA