Aircraft maint issues

My guess would be this is the new AA and the guys ain't doing any favors, might as well get used to it, this is how its going to be from here on out. With FAA over sight, working to the letter and the company being stubborn on the contract, guys aren't in the mood to jump through hoops. Whats more, people wont forget even when the contract is finished, parker poisoned the well and that's that. Its really to bad, there was a lot of goodwill and hope when they took over.

Over the last four weekends, I have had friends and/or relatives fly on my passes. Of those four, three of the trips they were met with over an hour delay either leaving to go on their destination or returning from it. On two of those trips, they had to change gates to board a different aircraft as the original one went out of service. Are they just unlucky, a coincidence, or a pattern? And this absolutely is not a shot at our maintenance guys, just curious, is this the New AA.
Same at SWA bad weather, flying the airplanes more.

On top of all that the old AA used to let guys slide if they got their ticket suspended by the feds, as long as it wasn't blatant negligence, they would keep them on the clock sorting screws or going to training. The new AA will tell you to collect your tools and get out, file a grievance and go to arbitration to try and get back.

On top of all that the old AA used to let guys slide if they got their ticket suspended by the feds, as long as it wasn't blatant negligence, they would keep them on the clock sorting screws or going to training. The new AA will tell you to collect your tools and get out, file a grievance and go to arbitration to try and get back.
That's sad, we haven't gotten to that point yet!

How many mechanics will be layed off after the contract has been signed???

NONE!!! Haven't you been reading the company updates? Everyone will keep their job at their station!!! LOL. Seriously though, I would expect to lose a couple of thousand heads.

Can you post those wage comparisons. It would be interesting to see what those wages are and if we are all singing from the same book.
No I cannot. Sorry. We were asked by our NC to not post anything from the RS's and I will do as asked.
I will say Fed Ex is at the top.
Delta will be top passenger airline after they receive their Oct. raises.
United is next currently with AA being offered TOS at mid 50's on DOS.
And of course UPS has an AIP and soon will be a T/A with offer to take their mechanics to 65-66 TOS which would put them over FedEx if and when approved by the membership.
Our company purposely put us on a pay freeze, admittedly, until the other airlines all caught up. Now you guys have caught up (in pay) and surpassed us, so now the company just starting to nego decent numbers but are still short but not too far off.
If they would simply adjust the snap up and actually offer a raise in 2018 as well as all the outgoing years including the 2023 final year as we had in our current contract but also equal to the same 3% they would get their minimum 50 + 1 or better yes vote. I am no genie, but I feel we should vote this down, like the Pilots and F/A's did their first offers, and get back to the table and fix what the membership wants fixed after the survey is completed, and move on to bigger and better things, like more record profits for years to come. Our nego. cmte. is not asking for anything unreasonable or out of the question.
I also believe a no vote might help you guys out a little better as well as Delta getting the Oct. raises and UPS's offer now public.
Good luck to you guys for a new contract and a new representational association...

Over the last four weekends, I have had friends and/or relatives fly on my passes. Of those four, three of the trips they were met with over an hour delay either leaving to go on their destination or returning from it. On two of those trips, they had to change gates to board a different aircraft as the original one went out of service. Are they just unlucky, a coincidence, or a pattern? And this absolutely is not a shot at our maintenance guys, just curious, is this the New AA.
You are not the only one noticing that my friend. I am guessing there is not enough time allotted between trips to do what needs to be done.

American would love to emulate the Maintenance program and have the Union in place that SWA has. AMFA took 6 years to negotiate a deal with the Airline which essentially all that they gained was wages. They spent years fighting against more outsourcing until Management was finally ready to move off their demands. AMFA wanted to open and negotiate a full agreement to gain more work and in the end they essentially gained nothing extra.

Even if our Unions (They’re not) accepted the offer that Management offered us it would still leave AA with a TON more in house Maintenance than AMFA could even dream of getting close to.

The Airline you work for driver even publicly stated that they wanted to be an Ultra Low Cost Carrier. The Southwest Effect is what has been lowering the industry pay and benefits for the last 30 years and it’s still happening today.

“Since Southwest began ramping up its presence at Washington’s Reagan National Airport (DCA) in 2014, passenger traffic is up 38% and fares are down 12% on routes the airline flies nonstop. That’s above the industry’s nationwide average and is greater than the 31% passenger increase and 8% fare drop seen across all airline routes at DCA, Southwest says, citing publicly available federal data from the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Southwest says those trends are evidence of the “Southwest Effect” – a phenomenon in which fares fall and traffic rises once Southwest enters a new market.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/95964546

This is a mx thread...why don't u start a suitcase one...I don't know why people not in mx feel compelled to come on this thread and put their 2 cents in...I would never see the need to butt in on a fleet thread or even care to comment about their issues, don't apply to my group....go play on the pilots or flt attd thread..shhheesh

American would love to emulate the Maintenance program and have the Union in place that SWA has. AMFA took 6 years to negotiate a deal with the Airline which essentially all that they gained was wages. They spent years fighting against more outsourcing until Management was finally ready to move off their demands. AMFA wanted to open and negotiate a full agreement to gain more work and in the end they essentially gained nothing extra.

Even if our Unions (They’re not) accepted the offer that Management offered us it would still leave AA with a TON more in house Maintenance than AMFA could even dream of getting close to.

The Airline you work for driver even publicly stated that they wanted to be an Ultra Low Cost Carrier. The Southwest Effect is what has been lowering the industry pay and benefits for the last 30 years and it’s still happening today.

“Since Southwest began ramping up its presence at Washington’s Reagan National Airport (DCA) in 2014, passenger traffic is up 38% and fares are down 12% on routes the airline flies nonstop. That’s above the industry’s nationwide average and is greater than the 31% passenger increase and 8% fare drop seen across all airline routes at DCA, Southwest says, citing publicly available federal data from the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Southwest says those trends are evidence of the “Southwest Effect” – a phenomenon in which fares fall and traffic rises once Southwest enters a new market.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/95964546
Why are yo so obsessed with what happens in maintenance. Yes it took AMFA over 5 years to negotiate with southwest, but because AMFA has great communication with there members there updates told them how southwest kept delaying negotiations. Southwest is keeping there low cost insurance. And except until the wage adjustment in 2016 AMFA had southwest the highest paid in the airlines. it wasn’t like AA where we were the bottom mechanics on the airline pay chart by a lot. And that is a Ta they have if the members speak in a high volume with no votes then AMFA. Will go back at it. You do not have a A&P license weas so quit speaking on our subject . You do not know what our issues. Plus your pears in fleet service must not think to highly of you either since you had only a few votes in your election. The association updates you can’t tell what’s going on because the Intl of both twu/iam thinks we have no right to know . Weas you are a broken record. Your handlers that are paying you need to get a refund. If any mechanic who was on the fence about signing a amp card here’s you will be a card signer. Because it’s fleet service clerks like you who want me more and more to have our own union. You can’t compare AA maintance to southwest maintance . We have more airplanes and different type of fleets. We have wide and narrow body fleets . Southwest has only Boeing . We have Boeing and Airbus . Boeing and Airbus have totally different philosophies. Where we have 737 757 767 777 787 a330 a319 a320 a321 . And laa 319 have cfm56-7 where laa 321 have v2500 so even though the airframe and avionics is the same you have different power plants. The only airplane Southwest has is 737. There 737 max has different power plants then there ngs just like ours. And the 737 max took a week of difference class for us at AA . SO weas why don’t you get a life and stay out of our craft and class. Why don’t you take your second chance after your heart attack and go enjoy life . That’s what I’m doing with my second chance after 5 cancer surgery you have over 17000 measages on here get a life man are comment on your on craft. I’ll say you ran a away a lot of the good mechanic posters on the mechanic thread

Reactions: swamt
Why are yo so obsessed with what happens in maintenance. Yes it took AMFA over 5 years to negotiate with southwest, but because AMFA has great communication with there members there updates told them how southwest kept delaying negotiations. Southwest is keeping there low cost insurance. And except until the wage adjustment in 2016 AMFA had southwest the highest paid in the airlines. it wasn’t like AA where we were the bottom mechanics on the airline pay chart by a lot. And that is a Ta they have if the members speak in a high volume with no votes then AMFA. Will go back at it. You do not have a A&P license weas so quit speaking on our subject . You do not know what our issues. Plus your pears in fleet service must not think to highly of you either since you had only a few votes in your election. The association updates you can’t tell what’s going on because the Intl of both twu/iam thinks we have no right to know . Weas you are a broken record. Your handlers that are paying you need to get a refund. If any mechanic who was on the fence about signing a amp card here’s you will be a card signer. Because it’s fleet service clerks like you who want me more and more to have our own union. You can’t compare AA maintance to southwest maintance . We have more airplanes and different type of fleets. We have wide and narrow body fleets . Southwest has only Boeing . We have Boeing and Airbus . Boeing and Airbus have totally different philosophies. Where we have 737 757 767 777 787 a330 a319 a320 a321 . And laa 319 have cfm56-7 where laa 321 have v2500 so even though the airframe and avionics is the same you have different power plants. The only airplane Southwest has is 737. There 737 max has different power plants then there ngs just like ours. And the 737 max took a week of difference class for us at AA . SO weas why don’t you get a life and stay out of our craft and class. Why don’t you take your second chance after your heart attack and go enjoy life . That’s what I’m doing with my second chance after 5 cancer surgery you have over 17000 measages on here get a life man are comment on your on craft. I’ll say you ran a away a lot of the good mechanic posters on the mechanic thread

Coney thank you for the PM requesting for me to send you a shirt. I’m heading over to the Post Office right now to get it over to you.

7E82769B-3E4D-497C-84EE-397C29486F13.jpeg

The major Aircraft Maintenance issue is that we are being controlled by a Fleet Service union.

Now I’m not Gary Peterson, Dale Danker or Rollie Reeves but I think I would have to find this comment rather insulting if I were them.

Factually inaccurate too BTW.

This is a mx thread...why don't u start a suitcase one...I don't know why people not in mx feel compelled to come on this thread and put their 2 cents in...I would never see the need to butt in on a fleet thread or even care to comment about their issues, don't apply to my group....go play on the pilots or flt attd thread..shhheesh

Put him on ignore guys. When you quit replying to him he will eventually go away. The ignore feature works. All mechanics that post know he is full of crap and knows nothing about the mechanics group or anything about mechanic class and craft representation.
He is simply put here and on a mission for the asso.

Another weekend and another delay...I totally understand weather is a huge issue and something that can't be controlled. Yesterday in the DFW Crew town hall a Flight attendant complained about all the reserves AA had and Isom stated they needed them for unseen circumstances and weather. Well, a family members flight this evening is delayed two hours and fifteen minutes because of the shortage of Flight Attendants...Weekend #4