Aircraft maint issues

They want be able to start Hawaii ETOPS without that in the new contract is that correct

Ok CH. I will try to address this my best but very carefully.
We never thought that ETOPS and/or Hawaii was ever being held up by our contract. However, I have read several articles that there may be some attachments to it in a round about way. Me personally have no idea if this is true or not. BUT, I would think that with all the investigations currently going on now from a many government groups, as well as the on going workings of getting ETOPS approval from the FAA in order to fly to Hawaii, that the FAA would want a completed and agreement contract between the Mechanics and Southwest. It would just be all the much easier to "grant" the certs required if Southwest and their mechanics had an agreement in writing about ETOPS maint. in a contract and all ironed out and agreed too. That way so smoothe for forward progress on ETOPS.
With all that said I will leave you with one of many articles that address exactly your question. It may be too hard to start the Hawaii flights without an agreement, but what do we know...

Southwest Airlines mechanics' battle for contract is far from over

It's funny you recognize information and communication as important, we dont get squat on details, updates or information and just get crumbs of side information. Great to hear, congratulations to you all again.

Ford, this is because these industrial unions want you (the membership) to be kept in the dark until T/A day where you will be very confused and lost on info that they just hope you guys will vote YES and overlook the rules and changes within the contract that will affect major changes in the future.
The asso is finally getting the word that you guys are so freaking fed up with the no info from this asso on nego's. As they are just recently starting to come out with more info and sending their puppets out here (CB and P. Rez) to try and help with membership updates, but they too are withholding a lot of info as has been proven. You guys are in for a rude awakening come T/A day and you get all the info.
I tried warning you guys from this asso take over without a vote. I tried warning you guys of the stall tactics from the co., I tried warning you guys of the raise you were offered so both sides could work both metals. etc... But NO, you all just kept listening to your TWU/IAM and asso. forced upon you and ignored all my warnings. So very sad to sit and watch. Please for God's sake fire this pathetic asso. and get a class and craft union to represent the mechanics. There is a huge difference in our union and yours. If you guys want to experience it fire your current asso.

Ok CH. I will try to address this my best but very carefully.
We never thought that ETOPS and/or Hawaii was ever being held up by our contract. However, I have read several articles that there may be some attachments to it in a round about way. Me personally have no idea if this is true or not. BUT, I would think that with all the investigations currently going on now from a many government groups, as well as the on going workings of getting ETOPS approval from the FAA in order to fly to Hawaii, that the FAA would want a completed and agreement contract between the Mechanics and Southwest. It would just be all the much easier to "grant" the certs required if Southwest and their mechanics had an agreement in writing about ETOPS maint. in a contract and all ironed out and agreed too. That way so smoothe for forward progress on ETOPS.
With all that said I will leave you with one of many articles that address exactly your question. It may be too hard to start the Hawaii flights without an agreement, but what do we know...

Southwest Airlines mechanics' battle for contract is far from over
The company doesn't seem to worried about it. I heard we won't get with the mediator till next year.

Ford, this is because these industrial unions want you (the membership) to be kept in the dark until T/A day where you will be very confused and lost on info that they just hope you guys will vote YES and overlook the rules and changes within the contract that will affect major changes in the future.
The asso is finally getting the word that you guys are so freaking fed up with the no info from this asso on nego's. As they are just recently starting to come out with more info and sending their puppets out here (CB and P. Rez) to try and help with membership updates, but they too are withholding a lot of info as has been proven. You guys are in for a rude awakening come T/A day and you get all the info.
I tried warning you guys from this asso take over without a vote. I tried warning you guys of the stall tactics from the co., I tried warning you guys of the raise you were offered so both sides could work both metals. etc... But NO, you all just kept listening to your TWU/IAM and asso. forced upon you and ignored all my warnings. So very sad to sit and watch. Please for God's sake fire this pathetic asso. and get a class and craft union to represent the mechanics. There is a huge difference in our union and yours. If you guys want to experience it fire your current asso.
Yeah they got a raise, and ours will take 7 years or more to get a contract. But do carry on.

LegUpdate_header.png

We invite you to participate in a TWU Day of Action on Tuesday, September 25.

On Tuesday, we will encourage all TWU members to call their U.S. Senators and Representatives in Congress and ask that they co-sponsor a bill that supports TWU aircraft maintenance members – the Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing Disclosure Act of 2018.

TWU worked with legislators on the bill, introduced by Claire McCaskill (D-MO) in the Senate (S. 3026) and John Garamendi (D-CA) and Dan Donovan (R-NY) (H.R. 6028) in the House. The bill requires U.S. airlines to post on their websites and passenger ticket information the countries where they repair their aircraft. The bill is intended to inform the public about the airlines’ practice of offshoring maintenance and to inform policymakers’ work to regulate aircraft maintenance.

To push for support of the bill, we encourage TWU members to call on their legislators to co-sponsor the legislation. Below is the script you can use when talking to your Senators and Representatives. It includes the phone number you should call to reach those offices.

We will be re-sending this information on the Day of Action – Tuesday, September 25. We encourage you to participate.

You can find more information about the bill here on the TWU website.

To have your voice heard, please make 3 calls: a call to your 1 Representative and a call to each of your 2 Senators. To be connected to these offices, you can call the switchboard at: 202-224-3121. Tell the operator you’d like to talk to your Representative and provide them your state and zip code. Call the switchboard again to be connected to your Senators’ Offices. You can identify our states’ 2 Senators by looking at the list below.

SCRIPT FOR CALLS TO CONGRESS:

• “Hi, my name is ________. I’m a constituent and member of the Transport Workers Union Local [__].
  • I’m urging your boss to cosponsor (Senate) S. 3026/(House) H.R. 6028, the Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing Disclosure Act of 2018.
  • “The bill was introduced by Senator McCaskill in the Senate and by Congressmen Garamendi and Donovan in the House.
  • “U.S. airlines used to employ American workers to repair airplanes. But now, they send much of this work to facilities in China, South America, and other foreign locations.
  • “As a result, the U.S. has lost 8,000 airline mechanic jobs. Offshoring this work also poses safety and security risks, since several important FAA and TSA regulations don’t apply to foreign workers.
  • “But many people who fly on U.S. airlines don’t know this is happening. Your boss can change that by cosponsoring this bill that will shine a light on this unsafe and job-killing practice.
  • “S. 3026 / H.R. 6028 is simple: it would require U.S. airlines to list on their websites and on passenger ticket information the countries where they repair their planes.
  • “This transparency will benefit passengers as they shop for flights and will help inform regulators’ work to keep air travel safe.
  • “Will your boss cosponsor the Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing Disclosure Act?
  • (WAIT FOR RESPONSE. GIVE THEM YOUR NAME & ADDRESS TO REGISTER YOUR CALL)
  • “Thank you. Have a nice day.” (HANG UP.)
  • After making the call, register your action by completing this short form.
U.S. Senators listed in alphabetical order by state

• Murkowski, Lisa - (R - AK)
  • Sullivan, Dan - (R - AK)
  • Jones, Doug - (D - AL)
  • Shelby, Richard C. - (R - AL)
  • Boozman, John - (R - AR)
  • Cotton, Tom - (R - AR)
  • Flake, Jeff - (R - AZ)
  • Kyl, Jon - (R - AZ)
  • Feinstein, Dianne - (D - CA)
  • Harris, Kamala D. - (D - CA)
  • Bennet, Michael F. - (D - CO)
  • Gardner, Cory - (R - CO)
  • Blumenthal, Richard - (D - CT)
  • Murphy, Christopher - (D - CT)
  • Carper, Thomas R. - (D - DE)
  • Coons, Christopher A. - (D - DE)
  • Nelson, Bill - (D - FL)
  • Rubio, Marco - (R - FL)
  • Isakson, Johnny - (R - GA)
  • Perdue, David - (R - GA)
  • Hirono, Mazie K. - (D - HI)
  • Schatz, Brian - (D - HI)
  • Ernst, Joni - (R - IA)
  • Grassley, Chuck - (R - IA)
  • Crapo, Mike - (R - ID)
  • Risch, James E. - (R - ID)
  • Duckworth, Tammy - (D - IL)
  • Durbin, Richard J. - (D - IL)
  • Donnelly, Joe - (D - IN)
  • Young, Todd - (R - IN)
  • Moran, Jerry - (R - KS)
  • Roberts, Pat - (R - KS)
  • McConnell, Mitch - (R - KY)
  • Paul, Rand - (R - KY)
  • Cassidy, Bill - (R - LA)
  • Kennedy, John - (R - LA)
  • Markey, Edward J. - (D - MA)
  • Warren, Elizabeth - (D - MA)
  • Cardin, Benjamin L. - (D - MD)
  • Van Hollen, Chris - (D - MD)
  • Collins, Susan M. - (R - ME)
  • King, Angus S., Jr. - (I - ME)
  • Peters, Gary C. - (D - MI)
  • Stabenow, Debbie - (D - MI)
  • Klobuchar, Amy - (D - MN)
  • Smith, Tina - (D - MN)
  • Blunt, Roy - (R - MO)
  • McCaskill, Claire - (D - MO)
  • Hyde-Smith, Cindy - (R - MS)
  • Wicker, Roger F. - (R - MS)
  • Daines, Steve - (R - MT)
  • Tester, Jon - (D - MT)
  • Burr, Richard - (R - NC)
  • Tillis, Thom - (R - NC)
  • Heitkamp, Heidi - (D - ND)
  • Hoeven, John - (R - ND)
  • Fischer, Deb - (R - NE)
  • Sasse, Ben - (R - NE)
  • Hassan, Margaret Wood - (D - NH)
  • Shaheen, Jeanne - (D - NH)
  • Booker, Cory A. - (D - NJ)
  • Menendez, Robert - (D - NJ)
  • Heinrich, Martin - (D - NM)
  • Udall, Tom - (D - NM)
  • Cortez Masto, Catherine - (D - NV)
  • Heller, Dean - (R - NV)
  • Gillibrand, Kirsten E. - (D - NY)
  • Schumer, Charles E. - (D - NY)
  • Brown, Sherrod - (D - OH)
  • Portman, Rob - (R - OH)
  • Inhofe, James M. - (R - OK)
  • Lankford, James - (R - OK)
  • Merkley, Jeff - (D - OR)
  • Wyden, Ron - (D - OR)
  • Casey, Robert P., Jr. - (D - PA)
  • Toomey, Patrick J. - (R - PA)
  • Reed, Jack - (D - RI)
  • Whitehouse, Sheldon - (D - RI)
  • Graham, Lindsey - (R - SC)
  • Scott, Tim - (R - SC)
  • Rounds, Mike - (R - SD)
  • Thune, John - (R - SD)
  • Alexander, Lamar - (R - TN)
  • Corker, Bob - (R - TN)
  • Cornyn, John - (R - TX)
  • Cruz, Ted - (R - TX)
  • Hatch, Orrin G. - (R - UT)
  • Lee, Mike - (R - UT)
  • Kaine, Tim - (D - VA)
  • Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA)
  • Leahy, Patrick J. - (D - VT)
  • Sanders, Bernard - (I - VT)
  • Cantwell, Maria - (D - WA)
  • Murray, Patty - (D - WA)
  • Baldwin, Tammy - (D - WI)
  • Johnson, Ron - (R - WI)
  • Capito, Shelley Moore - (R - WV)
  • Manchin, Joe, III - (D - WV)
  • Barrasso, John - (R - WY)
  • Enzi, Michael B. - (R - WY)

Just listened to DFW crew news,there was a pilot asking about our contract negotiations and Isom answered that there are about 30000 ground employees included in our contract negotiations, ramp stores facility etc.

If this doesn’t make you want to be in a mechanics union nothing will.

Makes me hate Tulsa all over again. BUT Tulsa is now the one actively pursuing a mechs union. A couple decades too slow but appreciated none the less.

Just listened to DFW crew news,there was a pilot asking about our contract negotiations and Isom answered that there are about 30000 ground employees included in our contract negotiations, ramp stores facility etc.

If this doesn’t make you want to be in a mechanics union nothing will.

Makes me hate Tulsa all over again. BUT Tulsa is now the one actively pursuing a mechs union. A couple decades too slow but appreciated none the less.
As an AMP organizer, I will say thanks. The Line Maintenance has every right to still be wary but now that AMP has picked up steam, it is going to be up to Mechanics like you to take a leadership role to get these guys to sign a card. The Line now larger than TULE and little solidarity to overcome those in TULE and remaining on the Line to make the decision the Mechanics need. You young men and women yes under 55 or so need to lead us out of the dues hungry Industrial Union.

As an AMP organizer, I will say thanks. The Line Maintenance has every right to still be wary but now that AMP has picked up steam, it is going to be up to Mechanics like you to take a leadership role to get these guys to sign a card. The Line now larger than TULE and little solidarity to overcome those in TULE and remaining on the Line to make the decision the Mechanics need. You young men and women yes under 55 or so need to lead us out of the dues hungry Industrial Union.

Delete.

If you guys are successful, will you have enough money against American, or will you end up quickly bankrupt?

If you guys are successful, will you have enough money against American, or will you end up quickly bankrupt?

Read the AMP Constitution. The minute the Law allows us to act on a change of representation AMP will have legal possession and within 30 Days the finance issue will cease to exist by law. IMO

Read the AMP Constitution. The minute the Law allows us to act on a change of representation AMP will have legal possession and within 30 Days the finance issue will cease to exist by law. IMO
I understand that, the problem with an independent union is you have to hire a law firm, and depending on how your employer responded to you during negotiations , how much of your dues money will be spent on legal fees. I highly suggest that if you guys are successful , that you hire the lawfirm SWAPA uses, and not Lee Seham.

What a dumb a$$...

Yes. Don't let the misinformed trying to derail the change in representation with scare tactics like you guys will run out of money, AA will hold you in the courts until your drained of all cash, AMP will never be able to sustain with all the money AA has, it's all BS and it was all said about us when we went with AMFA. It was the exact opposite. The funds will be there once they are certified and the dues start to flow in for AMP. Matter fact, AMP will have even more as the funds will not get wasted on other non-member waste that these industrial unions do as well as the greatly exaggerated wages, pensions, and benefits they pay their union officers. This will save millions for the new AMP membership. You guys will be shocked at how quickly the funds will build and wonder where all that cash is REALLY going with this asso.
Good luck Buck and pls keep us informed on AMP movement...

Latest posts