Aircraft maint issues

We have tripple time if go on a downline or work overtime after your shift on a holiday. That's why I am surprised this deal didn't pass, becauae all our overtime rules, and scope stayed in our new T/A. We will still work the overtime just now at our old 2012 pay rate. Bet you SWarat didn't tell you those little details, in how bad our so called deal was. But we have stupid people.

Why do you have to attack him at every breath? It is no wonder why your presence is wearing thin. Could you just participate?

Just noticed the Title1 seniority list has an AMT hired on 9/04 in TULE.
You see the occasional CL hire in TULE but it's been a VERY long time since an AMT was hired.

Well, this individual didn't last long. He's no longer on the list and I would like to know what happened.

D4C3B82F-E0C3-47C0-842A-B8C550EAD36F.png

Make sure you apply Javits, I saw an AMT of 2006 seniority accept
a Tech Crew Chief which moved his date to 2018.
Yep, Javits applies..NOW! Anyone taking a CC or TCC position starts his new classification seniority day 1.

Samuelsen mentions FA rest time in his letter. I guess he doesn't care bout mechanic rest time.

"The rule calls for “each person performing maintenance or preventative maintenance” to be given time off “for a period of at least 24 consecutive hours during any seven consecutive days, or the equivalent thereof within anyone calendar month.”

Maybe Samuelsen should address this.

Samuelsen mentions FA rest time in his letter. I guess he doesn't care bout mechanic rest time.

"The rule calls for “each person performing maintenance or preventative maintenance” to be given time off “for a period of at least 24 consecutive hours during any seven consecutive days, or the equivalent thereof within anyone calendar month.”

Maybe Samuelsen should address this.

Not sure Metal But is this a quote you found from the FAA Reauthorization Bill?

That quote states that someone has to have a day off during a one week period. Do you know any circumstance at AA where people are being scheduled by Management to not have a day off?

I think normally we’re scheduled to work 5 days and then we get 2, 24 hour rest periods.

Not sure Metal But is this a quote you found from the FAA Reauthorization Bill?

That quote states that someone has to have a day off during a one week period. Do you know any circumstance at AA where people are being scheduled by Management to not have a day off?

I think normally we’re scheduled to work 5 days and then we get 2, 24 hour rest periods.

As long as a mechanic has 4 days off in a calendar month, he or she can work either 26 or 27 days STRAIGHT, depending on that month.

Last edited:
It's their choice to be a Zombie!

d) Each employee will be scheduled for two (2) days off during each work week.The Company will make every reasonable effort to arrange work schedules so that, whenever practicable, those days will be Saturday and Sunday. When an employee's days off are other than Saturday and Sunday, they will be two (2) consecutive days. Nothing will prohibit the Company from scheduling Friday and Saturday as the two (2)consecutive days off.

(e) If the schedule is four (4) days of ten (10) hours each, the three (3) days off will be consecutive and in accordance with the intent of Article 3(d). Nothing will prohibit the Company from scheduling Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as the three (3) consecutive days off. Nothing will prohibit the Company from scheduling Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as the three (3) consecutive days off

It's their choice to be a Zombie!

d) Each employee will be scheduled for two (2) days off during each work week.The Company will make every reasonable effort to arrange work schedules so that, whenever practicable, those days will be Saturday and Sunday. When an employee's days off are other than Saturday and Sunday, they will be two (2) consecutive days. Nothing will prohibit the Company from scheduling Friday and Saturday as the two (2)consecutive days off.

(e) If the schedule is four (4) days of ten (10) hours each, the three (3) days off will be consecutive and in accordance with the intent of Article 3(d). Nothing will prohibit the Company from scheduling Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as the three (3) consecutive days off. Nothing will prohibit the Company from scheduling Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as the three (3) consecutive days off

Have to agree with Rogallo’s comment here 100%.

“It’s their choice to be a Zombie”

Metal would you want that piece of Legislation to force the Company to not allow an Employee to pick up those extra hours? Essentially force them to go and get some rest?

Latest posts