Aircraft maint issues

BTW bigjets I think they are being realistic now. Not so much so in their opening proposal but common sense alone knew that would be whittled down.

The Association is asking for more than 3% and or a better PS formula put in to contractual language. Do you think 3% makes up for their currently crappy PS formula?

The Association doesn’t want to give up any more work. Haven’t we all given up enough of our work already by having our arms twisted behind our backs?

The Association would like to not have our raises eaten up through expensive medical costs. Is there anything wrong with wanting that even with USA Medical expenses absolutely ridiculous?

The Association want a better Retirement than what the Company is currently offering. 9% is a nice offer by comparison to the average don’t get me wrong. But look at the Company’s current revenue stream and watch the latest Jetnet videos where the Pilot asks Parker about our Frozen Pensions. Are we really being unreasonable with asking for more than 9% in that light?

And we have ZERO Retiree Medical now. Is it unreasonable to ask for some type of pre 65 bridge?

You tell me?
If you guys want a bridge to 65 and Medicare, they should do what SWA does, we can accumulate sick time up to 2000 hours, and use that if we retire early to buy SWA insurance at the same rate as we were working, and bridge till we are 65.

Reactions: Rogallo
If you guys want a bridge to 65 and Medicare, they should do what SWA does, we can accumulate sick time up to 2000 hours, and use that if we retire early to buy SWA insurance at the same rate as we were working, and bridge till we are 65.

That is what the Association has proposed to the Company. It already exists as well in the IAM Ramp Agreement at UAL.

For you Mechanics who have been wondering what the recent SWA deal means as far as wages.

This comment from the Company is currently cryptic but a comment about it was made.

5FF9300F-E371-429E-8856-3CD90D137FB3.jpeg

Notice though the term once again “In Line”

For you Mechanics who have been wondering what the recent SWA deal means as far as wages.

This comment from the Company is currently cryptic but a comment about it was made.

View attachment 14200

Notice though the term once again “In Line”
Then the in line will come to two choices above, and scope changes- or in line, and keep most of your scope. That's what people have to decide is more important. To do better than that it would most likely require a T/A rejection.

Why are they comparing us to swa now???? Before it was only delta and ual. It also says we can pic what contract we want. That means swa or ual since delta is non union and does not have a contract. If they want us to vote on something they can show us a full text proposal not bullet points. One of the main things we asked for before negs in our wish lists were to not vote on bullet points.

Why are they comparing us to swa now???? Before it was only delta and ual. It also says we can pic what contract we want. That means swa or ual since delta is non union and does not have a contract. If they want us to vote on something they can show us a full text proposal not bullet points. One of the main things we asked for before negs in our wish lists were to not vote on bullet points.

The comment didn’t say that they would necessarily compare you to SWA but merely that they were observing the agreement just reached.

That “could” mean they are willing to go above that amount if it’s the highest or they are just blowing more smoke up people’s asses?

The comment didn’t say that they would necessarily compare you to SWA but merely that they were observing the agreement just reached.

That “could” mean they are willing to go above that amount if it’s the highest or they are just blowing more smoke up people’s asses?

Smoke and mirrors Weez. Smoke and mirrors.

Aircraft Mechanic thread ………..worm away weasel!

Reactions: Kev3188
A great benefit to have when we want to leave at 60 or even 55-58 per the contract. There are some restrictions we have to follow but it can easily be done. I believe 725 hours equals 5 years of insurance.

I thought the exact same way 767. Why are they all of a sudden now even mentioning SWA? When before they never did. I think I can tell you why, because there are mediators involved and they look at the entire industry not just what the co. wants to look at so all airlines are looked at. JMO, but, pretty sure the mediators are not falling for it.
Totally agree about bullet points, show all the language to everything. When they tend to do this they are hiding something.
767, we are suppose to get a T/A this week and then vote, so far other locals are endorsing and more will follow, so I am predicting a pass this time around. Hopefully we can get ours done and you guys have another contract to use as a comparo.
You have seen our bullet points already, I am still waiting to read all the changes myself. If we go to 60-62 at TOS, I hope you all can beat that that figure for your ILC when the time comes. Good luck and let's all hope they are using the SWA agreement as a comparo. Some people will disagree, but even the FedEx and UPS agreements have helped us all to a point. We are all within the same industry rather the co's want to believe it or not. Aircraft mechanics are aircraft mechanics period. Does not matter if package haulers or people haulers. Matter fact we should be paid much more for the liability of all the passengers until our aircraft goes to the bone yard. Let's start pushing this issue with the co's and senators and such.
BTW; Are you feeling that it could be close enough for the membership to take a vote as some others are screaming???

I don't trust the twu or the iam but what the company is putting out is not worthy of a vote. We deserve to vote on full text language. Despite what some of these people are saying there is NO FULL TEXT LANGUAGE. The people that are saying there is, are delusional and are part of the reason that we continuously get crappy contracts. I think that part of this problem could be solved by allowing Danker, Schiable and Reaves in negs as an observer since they will have to live under the contract unlike the rest of the people in the room. I blame them being removed on the iam, but the twu is partially to blame also since they coward down to the iam.

IYO should they relent? BTW what is your current shift, days off and seniority?

I have heard a lot of things over the years with regard to what we want in a decent contract, but concern over shift and days off was never a concern before. Sure, an obvious preference - yet never really brought up as a deal breaker. This concern is more about the Association maintaining headcout, as we lose out to the tune of $30K per year waiting.

Reactions: texasreb
I have heard a lot of things over the years with regard to what we want in a decent contract, but concern over shift and days off was never a concern before. Sure, an obvious preference - yet never really brought up as a deal breaker. This concern is more about the Association maintaining headcout, as we lose out to the tune of $30K per year waiting.

You honestly would not be saying the same thing if you were a junior Mechanic who already knows he’s going to be stuck on Midnights for the next decade and would rather that not stretch out to a decade and a half.

It’s easier for guys like you and I not to care cause we’re already on the shifts and days off we like best.

IYO with AA raking in multiple billions and having squandered 12 Bilion of the income we generate on share buybacks do you really seriously think we should have to give concessions once again?

Don’t you at least deserve to keep the status quo on those jobs and that work that you still have left?

Latest posts