Aircraft maint issues

So you're saying headcount is increased for a job function only done a few times a year?
Oh it's about the OT. You're in MIA. I'm in a cold wx station. I know quite a few fleet people and that's their gripe.

Oh you mean the good old days before mx locals? Where mechanics were always outvoted? Is that what you are referring to?
Last time I checked, "old timers" are union dues paying members too.

They already had a bankruptcy contract in 2003.

So you know what the new hires think and consider?
And like I told you, I won't be taking advantage of any buyout.
My stance is that we will come away from this with the short end of the stick.

#1 Individually of course that’s people’s main gripe if they lost the job. The average Joe Worker has zero clue what the hell “Man Hours” means much less how many are assigned to a particular function.

And yes I am in MIA. Can’t stand cold Weather.

# 2 I’ve never gotten a clear picture of this. Did Fleet Service Clerks actually VOTE for your Contracts? Or were the votes separate?

# 3 They had one in 2003, 2012 and I guess you want to give them some more in 2019.

# 4 I was a new hire once. Didn’t think at all about the old fogies limping out the door. Haven’t heard not one newbie talk about the Senior Citizens Retirement Coupon Book (Buyout)

How can you come out of this with the short end of the stick when the Company is already offering you a lot of extra green cabbage?

Hypothetically what is your Crystal Ball saying as how you come out black smoke in the globe?

#1 Individually of course that’s people’s main gripe if they lost the job. The average Joe Worker has zero clue what the hell “Man Hours” means much less how many are assigned to a particular function.

And yes I am in MIA. Can’t stand cold Weather.

# 2 I’ve never gotten a clear picture of this. Did Fleet Service Clerks actually VOTE for your Contracts? Or were the votes separate?

# 3 They had one in 2003, 2012 and I guess you want to give them some more in 2019.

# 4 I was a new hire once. Didn’t think at all about the old fogies limping out the door. Haven’t heard not one newbie talk about the Senior Citizens Retirement Coupon Book (Buyout)

How can you come out of this with the short end of the stick when the Company is already offering you a lot of extra green cabbage?

Hypothetically what is your Crystal Ball saying as how you come out black smoke in the globe?
I'll just answer #2 because I'm tired of arguing....Back in the day, and I mean back in the day, as was common at other airlines, when all work groups were in the same locals, and contracts were negotiated, ALL title groups received the same contract proposal with articles covering each title and we all voted collectively. There was no fleet voting for fleet issues, maintenance for maintenance issues, etc.etc.
So, for example, if all titles were to get , say a 20% raise over the life of the contract, but mechanics were to, say, get another $1.00 per license, that contract could very well be voted down by the majority of the other titles because the mechanics in fact would be getting more than the 20%.
Then we would all receive the same contract book with all titles covered in the same book.

I'll just answer #2 because I'm tired of arguing....Back in the day, and I mean back in the day, as was common at other airlines, when all work groups were in the same locals, and contracts were negotiated, ALL title groups received the same contract proposal with articles covering each title and we all voted collectively. There was no fleet voting for fleet issues, maintenance for maintenance issues, etc.etc.
So, for example, if all titles were to get , say a 20% raise over the life of the contract, but mechanics were to, say, get another $1.00 per license, that contract could very well be voted down by the majority of the other titles because the mechanics in fact would be getting more than the 20%.
Then we would all receive the same contract book with all titles covered in the same book.

And eventually that ended. No arguing. Why were you in mixed Locals years ago?

Was there a time say after WWII when there really weren’t any workers who just handled bags for the Passengers and maybe Fleet Service grew out over time?

Meaning all of the Locals belonged to Maintenance and Fleet Service grew eventually to dominate as Mechanics gave up particular tasks?

Just curious if anyone knows that History?

More and more I see us going for either the SWA or UA/CO record.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Does “JCBA” talks really count towards working on new Contracts if we had Contracts (Bankruptcy) in place that wouldn’t become amendable till September 2018?

We’re only going to be entitled to retro from September 2018 moving forward. Not December 2015.

April 17th Tulsa Rally for Educating on Aircraft Safety & Outsourcing

The Transport Workers Union Local 514 and area Labor supporters will be rallying, Please make time to participate in this event.

Transport Workers Union & International Association of Machinists Rallying together for Aircraft Safety and Educating on Outsourcing

April 17th, 2019
6AM-9AM & 11AM-1PM & 3PM-5PM
Tulsa International Airport & Additional Sites

We will be across from the Wheel & Brake Center at the old Ford lot, we will be on the southeast corner of Sheridan & Apache by the APU Shop. We will be on the side walk outside of the front gate at the American Airlines Maintenance Base and we will be at the Arrivals area by the statues at the Tulsa Airport.

We will meet at 5:30AM at the Union Hall the morning of the 17th of April. We will load up the Coach bus with some signs and members to go to Airport and we can also use the coach at this time to drive some to the other rally points as the van driver gets some members to the APU, Wheel&Brake and AA Maintenance.

Parking for attendees, other than those who have employee parking at the airport, will be available at the TWU514 Union Hall, 11945 East Pine Street in Tulsa. Shuttle service will be provided to and from the Union Hall and Rally Sites.

After each event, all participants are invited to join us at the Union Hall for a Unity Luncheon provided by the Transport Workers Union Local 514.

We need to go over briefly but most importantly, safety first out picketing. Will go over a few rules and also will discuss the Officers (marshals) and what that means at the spots we will be located……..thanks!

In Solidarity,

Linda Dill
Interim Chairman of MLS

April 17th Tulsa Rally for Educating on Aircraft Safety & Outsourcing

The Transport Workers Union Local 514 and area Labor supporters will be rallying, Please make time to participate in this event.

Transport Workers Union & International Association of Machinists Rallying together for Aircraft Safety and Educating on Outsourcing

April 17th, 2019
6AM-9AM & 11AM-1PM & 3PM-5PM
Tulsa International Airport & Additional Sites

We will be across from the Wheel & Brake Center at the old Ford lot, we will be on the southeast corner of Sheridan & Apache by the APU Shop. We will be on the side walk outside of the front gate at the American Airlines Maintenance Base and we will be at the Arrivals area by the statues at the Tulsa Airport.

We will meet at 5:30AM at the Union Hall the morning of the 17th of April. We will load up the Coach bus with some signs and members to go to Airport and we can also use the coach at this time to drive some to the other rally points as the van driver gets some members to the APU, Wheel&Brake and AA Maintenance.

Parking for attendees, other than those who have employee parking at the airport, will be available at the TWU514 Union Hall, 11945 East Pine Street in Tulsa. Shuttle service will be provided to and from the Union Hall and Rally Sites.

After each event, all participants are invited to join us at the Union Hall for a Unity Luncheon provided by the Transport Workers Union Local 514.

We need to go over briefly but most importantly, safety first out picketing. Will go over a few rules and also will discuss the Officers (marshals) and what that means at the spots we will be located……..thanks!

In Solidarity,

Linda Dill
Interim Chairman of MLS
I see Jim Littles old squeeze is trying to get her international job back. She handed Jimmy enough Heinekens to get an international spot then got the boot when he left. Must be making another beer run.

I see Jim Littles old squeeze is trying to get her international job back. She handed Jimmy enough Heinekens to get an international spot then got the boot when he left. Must be making another beer run.

The important thing is if you work in TUL will you be at the rally?

More and more I see us going for either the SWA or UA/CO record.
Agree. Too far apart to even fathom a vote on anything soon. I see 2-3 years which would put you all right where we did. Wasn't UAL 5 plus years? And they were the same union on both sides, teamsters.
Speaking of the teamsters, here's another reason why we should never let the teamsters, let alone any other union control your retirement pensions. Notice that they took as high as a 75% cut in the benefit payouts and are NOT getting them restored when they should be. They are more worried about a measly $4 bucks an hour for over the next 5 years after cutting their pay by 20% or better when they cut the pensions too. A very stressful vote coming to the drivers at YRC indeed, I wish that type of vote upon noone, even the weezal. But hey, no pressure from the union huh??? Way to go teamsters, that's teamster strength for ya huh???

Teamsters official: YRC units could close if rank-and-file reject deal

Insult recognized and blown off.

Will you be at the rally and fight to keep your work?
Well, he doesnt think taxiing aircraft, servicing O2, and repairing seats is maintenance work. I guess since mechanics have been doing those jobs since Wilbur and
Orville either doesnt count, or is considered too menial.

Hopefully you caught the “insult” as your work ethic and not your profession.

I don’t work at 9:30 in the morning and thankfully (Like yourself I’m sure) I also don’t have back to back flights when I am at work.

Back