Aircraft maint issues

WeAAz, you of all people should not be so naïve. Unions are a business. They stay in business by collecting dues. Dues come from members. And yes, they stay on the property by getting a good deal for their members.
But please don't tell me they are worrying about that future aviation high school kid hopeful joining the union because they are really concerned about his personal welfare. How can anyone care about someone not born yet or having never met them.
It's all about the dues. Please don't try to convince me otherwise.
Metal even AMFA is a business, however we control if we can get rid of the people in charge, if they piss the membership off. But they are still a business.

Metal even AMFA is a business, however we control if we can get rid of the people in charge, if they piss the membership off. But they are still a business.
Like I said, unions are a business. all of them. Members are like investors. But as far as the TWU is concerned, we haven't gotten too much of a return of investment for our dues.

WeAAz, you of all people should not be so naïve. Unions are a business. They stay in business by collecting dues. Dues come from members. And yes, they stay on the property by getting a good deal for their members.
But please don't tell me they are worrying about that future aviation bound high school kid hopeful joining the union because they are really concerned about his personal welfare. How can anyone care about someone not born yet or having never met them.

FYI: Just because I do not like the company proposal does not mean I all of a sudden will start adoring the TWU, let alone the ASSociation.

Oh yea. Every Union guy is nothing but a self absorbed scumbag in your mind. Not a single guy who’s ever been any type of Union rep has any honor or integrity. They’re all just looking for how much money they can make.

Yea when I wore a pin I was just a greedy POS happy to be making $1000 before Taxes for the year.

Wow you are phucking cynical man. Were you always this way?

Like I said, unions are a business. all of them. Members are like investors. But as far as the TWU is concerned, we haven't gotten too much of a return of investment for our dues.

Oh bullchit. Go work at a non union MRO and then you can talk.

Oh yea. Every Union guy is nothing but a self absorbed scumbag in your mind. Not a single guy who’s ever been any type of Union rep has any honor or integrity. They’re all just looking for how much money they can make.

Yea when I wore a pin I was just a greedy POS happy to be making $1000 before Taxes for the year.

Actually, we have all noticed where the threshold is. Once a union member crosses over to the international, the tap dance starts. They can't screw up their gravy train toward retirement, so toe the international's line. They are taught how to address people who call them out. You know the standard chestnuts like you just used. Blame the membership, distract, change the subject - all classics. It's all you got. Very predictable...

No, the TWU has helped push me into that direction.

I bet every Union negotiation in every industry out there has guys like you both that want the Unions to sell out the next generation in full so they can get what they believe they have coming or are owed to them.

Again a long time ago there were people who made room for both of you guys to come in.

https://www.local591.com/docs/May 10 2019 letter to membership.pdf
Hey WeAAz, you want to here how many contracts we had shoved down our throats to save jobs? How many threats were made by TUL local presidents threatening their roll call vote?
Many decades ago, layoffs were rampant in this industry in order to save the senior guys. But when the laid off returned to work, they enjoyed the benefits of those contracts.

Hey WeAAz, you want to here how many contracts we had shoved down our throats to save jobs? How many threats were made by TUL local presidents threatening their roll call vote?
Many decades ago, layoffs were rampant in this industry in order to save the senior guys. But when the laid off returned to work, they enjoyed the benefits of those contracts.

In hindsight I’m sure we all would have been much better off Eastern Airlining their asses.

Last edited:
You have more say in your business than we have in our Association.
And I am thankful. Once I got over being butthurt the Teamsters were kicked out, and our situation with AMFA didn't turn into Northwest, they came through.

Reactions: swamt
But please don't tell me they are worrying about that future aviation bound high school kid hopeful joining the union because they are really concerned about his personal welfare. How can anyone care about someone not born yet or having never met them.

FYI: Just because I do not like the company proposal does not mean I all of a sudden will start adoring the TWU, let alone the ASSociation.

He'll never get it.

Reactions: Vortilon