Aircraft maint issues

Yes , we. As in we, who all read the update from loc 514 pres.
Pretty sad that there has been nego's taking place for the past 2 1/2 months with basically the exact same updates. Sorry no progress and of course no details whatsoever.
BTW, the D orU plus 3% will get even larger in 2020 when United gets their 2yr adjustment, as well as Delta now at 53. But I am sure the asso. will just keep agreeing with the co. and only nego SWA rates for the mechs. Time for this 2 part asso. to go. They are not nego with the memberships best interest, only their very own interest, and was proven when they combined this asso with no say so from the membership and just forced it on them for their very own interest to stay alive within the airline industry and well as the last airline mechanic representation, simply put they were absolutely desperate about keeping the dues flowing...

Forgot to add the United info on adjustment every 2 years;

Teamster Mechanics at United Airlines Ratify National Agreement

you should be worried about your own union’s problems $20 million is a lot to be concerned with.

From Danker of 514:
Since Friday my phone has been ringing constantly with rumors concerning negotiations. I have always said when I know something then the membership will know it as soon as possible.

I’m not aware of any of the details being talked about on social media. I was in DC last week while the company and the executive committee for the Ass. met.

This week I was told not to go to DC. Not exactly sure where all the rumors are coming from but I try to respond to every phone call. Email, text message and Facebook messenger message I receive asking me about different scenarios.

As of now I’m planning on returning to DC next week because I believe they will be negotiating on our contract.

December 3rd will be 4 years. Shouldn’t we at least be able to retain the scope language that we kept through bankruptcy?

They are making billions and they want more.

Dale

Why bother going to DC when you sit in some other room the size of a closet waiting for an update, it seems like they could do that over the phone. Aside of going there, just so you can say you're there I dont see the point. If I'm wrong and he has somehow gotten into "the room" let me know.

Mod note: using FAA actions at a carrier to taunt another user is poor form. Please keep it professional. Thank you.

But it’s ok when he calls people morons etc...?
It's a figure of speech dude. Get over it. Moron, idiot, dum a$$, it's all a figure of speech. Been doing it for 16 years on here. You have some very thin skin if you can not handle the razzles.

Last edited:
I was just told by my source that the ASS and the company are meeting in Washington tomorrow for 2 days and that the ass has agreed to bring this thing to a vote. Guess we will find out soon enough if my source is correct

our union steward in moc stated the NMB told both parties AA and TWU/IAM to get back to the table and solve this issue now! hopefully the NMB can hold AA and Union to the fire till it is all settled and we can vote.:cool:

Is anyone hearing the same on the mechanics side? Rumors, rumors, rumors, ya just gotta love em. LOL

It's a figure of speech dude. Get over it. Moron, idiot, dum a$$, it's all a figure of speech. Been doing it for 16 years on here. You have some very thin skin if you can not handle the razzles.
Yeah, what that dumb dumb said. :D :D:D (just kidding)

Big load of work coming soon on the 737 cowlings. FAA pushed Boeing to beef up the engine cowlings. That's plenty of work for a few years. Think it will be done inhouse?

Big load of work coming soon on the 737 cowlings. FAA pushed Boeing to beef up the engine cowlings. That's plenty of work for a few years. Think it will be done inhouse?
I read an article that only addressed beefing up the inlet cowling by Boeing, did you hear anything about CFM having to address the engine fan case? Regardless you are correct, Boeing has it"s hands full right now so doing the work in house could be a plus-plus for both Boeing and maintenance. Plus a big job like that would also be a great training tool for hundreds of new hires in Tulsa from some of our great structure guys who are getting close to retirement. But that makes too much sense.

Reactions: swamt