Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Slopoke

Slopoke Senior

Because Eagle was a separate company under the AMR umbrella. Eagle was not part of AA. With that said, that's why you kept Company and lost your occupational.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

You are saying that you were Air Cal?

3. TopCat870

TopCat870 Senior

Complaining on here isn't going to get you seniority. It's not the same company, AMR was a parent company that owned multiple other companies one of which you worked for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

intra-aa, that's all fine. people hired on, knew this.

inter-airline (aa/us), remember, there are lus that were able to keep seniority accrued from other entities. to me, this a problem.

5. Real tired

Real tired Veteran

When we merged with AWA, they locked us out of bidding or bumping PHX for a year because those junior boys were scared.

Plus, we had to share our profit sharing with them, and they didn't even earn it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 10.33.51 AM.png

And it took only 6 years.

They must be so proud of themselves.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. swamt

swamt Veteran

Any mechanics wanna take my bet that this will not be completed this week? Next week?? Still no date or DATES on voting. But he did state that are different dates on implementation, that could be interesting.

"ENDANGERED STATUS" Oh Boy!!! Sign me up. Or better yet force me into it.

"This is to inform you that on March 29, 2019 the actuary for the IAM National Pension Fund ("Fund") certified to the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and also to the Board of Trustees, that the Fund is in endangered status for the plan year beginning January 1, 2019, and that it is projected to be in critical status in one of the succeeding five plan years."

Some are posting in the nego thread that they "are hearing" that TWU members will get forced into the IAMPF; Are any of you mechs hearing this?
    On a 2nd note; pls take notice that the language has NOT been agreed to in writing as of yet, just verbally, and he is admitting to still arguing over how they will be written, so in fact they are "still" nego the written language.
    You guys are not as close as most would think when they hear that they have an AIP. It's only a verbal AIP gentlemen, not a written AIP. Do you really think they will get to an agreement in writing between these two very differently ran unions as he admitted? AND to get the co. on board after that??? Things are not as they lead you all to see. More reasons for stalling is all I see here.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. swamt

swamt Veteran

How does this strike you AA mechs?
    I think it's a low ball sentence. I take it a bit personal when someone endangers the lives of all passengers, flight crews and who knows who on the ground, just to get some overtime for himself and his family. 5-10 with a min 3-5 would be more fitting IMO. This little biatch got off easy IMO. I will give him a tiny bit of respect for admitting what he did and for why (IF that's the real story) he could have plead not guilty and lied. Which is why the lesser sentence was given, again my opinion only.
    Don't worry fellas, the boys will give him a very warm welcoming when he arrives to his assigned location for the 3 year bit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. swamt

swamt Veteran

Well, it wasn't done the week he said it would be done. Here we are towards the end of the second week and still nothing, will we go into the third week and beyond? It just solidifies they are still nego the written language.
    Although I am not a fan of a yes vote, you guys may want to get'er done asap before the C-19 and or the Max issues get any worse. I just cannot trust nor recommend this asso. to go back to the table with their lack of experience and lack of professionalism. Any more delays from here on out will be for the co. to start taking some (even more) back out of the offer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Coming out of ORD chatter is that it's a one day voting for the contract on March 26th. ONE DAY! Voting in person only. I believe the union will be controlling the vote process. No oversight.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

HAD ENOUGH YET?

• Winner Winner x 4
  12. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

more then enough.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

in 30 years we have never voted "in person" from 6:00 am to 8:0 0pm on march 26th. since they took away our union halls where do we all vote in CLT?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 1AA

1AA Veteran

The TWU will setup kissing booths at every other gate. I believe if it's true they will be making things up on the fly. Many will miss out on voting. They planned it this way. I hope people wake up fast to this corruption. Got to get those cards signed fast.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2