Aircraft maint issues

There was no indoc. I was thrown right into the 757 paint shop.

You're a funny MF!

And no one yet has given me a valid reason that makes sense on why I keep company seniority and forfeit occupational seniority through an inter-company transfer.

Because Eagle was a separate company under the AMR umbrella. Eagle was not part of AA. With that said, that's why you kept Company and lost your occupational.

Again....No logical explanation.

What is the difference in experience when working on an airliner with 30 seats or one with 300?

Argue the point as to why size matters. Do they not perform the same functionality?

Complaining on here isn't going to get you seniority. It's not the same company, AMR was a parent company that owned multiple other companies one of which you worked for.

Complaining on here isn't going to get you seniority. It's not the same company, AMR was a parent company that owned multiple other companies one of which you worked for.

intra-aa, that's all fine. people hired on, knew this.

inter-airline (aa/us), remember, there are lus that were able to keep seniority accrued from other entities. to me, this a problem.

intra-aa, that's all fine. people hired on, knew this.

inter-airline (aa/us), remember, there are lus that were able to keep seniority accrued from other entities. to me, this a problem.

When we merged with AWA, they locked us out of bidding or bumping PHX for a year because those junior boys were scared.

Plus, we had to share our profit sharing with them, and they didn't even earn it.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 10.33.51 AM.png

And it took only 6 years.

They must be so proud of themselves.

Briefing for 2/24/2020

NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE: Hi everyone, just wanted to update you on what is going on now with our AIP, and what you can expect next.
However I first want to explain a little on what has been going on the last several weeks since the announcement of our AIP ( agreement in principle ).
If you will recall, several months ago in one of my briefings, I stated that once you reach a point in negotiations and you have passed articles back and forth several times, that both the company and union agree to stop the unnecessary passes back and forth, and continue negotiating across the table verbally until a agreement could be reached on a article. Then, either the company or union would put the verbal agreements in writing in a written proposal.

Well this is how the last several months of negotiations leading up to the AIP took place. All the remaining issues ( mostly the big cost items ) were mostly verbally discussed back and forth between the two sides, with both parties taking the detailed notes on the issues.
Once these remaining issues were agreed to verbally by both sides, then the AIP was announced.

So for the last several weeks, the company and association has now been writing the language of those verbal discussions. Some articles, we already had something to work off of. EX: Lets say we took the scope article that the company placed on jetnet. We would then take that language and change or add or delete from the jetnet proposal. These changes would come from the verbal agreements done the last several months to that article.
Some articles like scope we had something to work with, but others had much more language that needed to be written.

And as usual when writing language, you sometimes will have the sides not agreeing exactly on what is suppose to go into the article.
The good news these small disagreements are just that... small. They have not or do not change what has been put out in the highlight sheet for our members to read. However these discussions still take place and are time consuming to say the least.

Also at this same time, as soon as a team from the association and company get language completed on a article, we then hand it down to another team that has been going over the language and proofreading for any errors.

This basically, as short as possible, is a explanation on what has been going on since the AIP was announced.

We have worked too long and spent too much time on this agreement, to not do the necessary work that must be done to make sure we have the contract we have stated in the highlight sheet. So we will take whatever time it takes to get this language correct.

Hopefully the language will be finished this week in the meetings between the association and company. Then next week, we can finish the final proofreading and also the IMPLEMENTATION DATES.

IMPLEMENTATION DATES: This is probably by far the most important thing yet to be done before we can put out a full contract for your viewing.
While pay, and other things will take place right away or fairly quickly once the agreement is ratified, there are other things the company and union will have to discuss and come to an agreement on the respective implementation dates.
Probably the biggest issue for implementation will be getting everyone moved and programmed into the work brain computer system.
Having everyone under one system will drive many things of the contract, and exactly when those certain things can take place.
Of course we want everything done right away. However that is just not possible when dealing with two different systems and bringing everyone under one.
So we will discuss these issues as well as many others with the company, and set dates for deadlines on when things must be implemented and take effect.
This like I said, can hopefully be done next week.

WHATS NEXT: Once everything above gets done, the company will then send the contract as a whole to the printers to have a copy printed for every member. At this same time, the association will place the full contract online to be viewed and downloaded. YES, a full printed copy will be mailed to each employees address on file with the company. So you might want to check and make sure you have the correct address on file.

We do not have to wait for our members to receive the full agreement in the mail to start our roadshows, since it will be available online for download.
Some of you, depending on when we get to your station, will have your mailed agreement in hand. But others might have to download a copy if we are at your location before you receive your copy in the mail.
I do not know at this time, or do I want to speak on behalf of my TWU counterparts on when of if every station will be briefed with a roadshow.
However, I have gave my word for the stations that I am assigned to, that a visit from at least myself ( maybe others on the team ) will be set to discuss the agreement as a whole and to answer all your questions prior to a vote.
If all the above goes as planned, my roadshows will start in clt on March 16 & 17, and I will set dates for my other locations from there. Please note that these dates are subject to change based on how the next couple of weeks go. Im just trying to give everyone a idea of a time frame.
I have been told so far, that we would have about a two week period to get the roadshows done ( again subject to change ). With a vote scheduled for soon after.
That is all the info I have on the vote right now, because I don't think all the info on voting is set at this time.

ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS: Whether or not I am assigned to your respective station to answer questions, it is always my intention to make sure everyone if possible is fully informed before you vote. Many of you have my cell and can text or call, but another way you can get in touch with me with questions is go to our clt Facebook page at " I Am Fleet Service Charlotte NC " I monitor that sight daily to answer members questions. So please care to get the correct information and don't go with rumors. Just send a request to join, and I will get you on. Usually its in the evening hours before I have time to get on, so just give me some time to respond.
Sorry for the long briefing, but just trying to get the info out as I know it at this time.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEK
Any mechanics wanna take my bet that this will not be completed this week? Next week?? Still no date or DATES on voting. But he did state that are different dates on implementation, that could be interesting.

But we need you. We want you. We like you. Help us ...............

https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/fi...s/critical/2019/iam-national-pension-fund.pdf

"ENDANGERED STATUS" Oh Boy!!! Sign me up. Or better yet force me into it.

"This is to inform you that on March 29, 2019 the actuary for the IAM National Pension Fund ("Fund") certified to the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and also to the Board of Trustees, that the Fund is in endangered status for the plan year beginning January 1, 2019, and that it is projected to be in critical status in one of the succeeding five plan years."

Some are posting in the nego thread that they "are hearing" that TWU members will get forced into the IAMPF; Are any of you mechs hearing this?
On a 2nd note; pls take notice that the language has NOT been agreed to in writing as of yet, just verbally, and he is admitting to still arguing over how they will be written, so in fact they are "still" nego the written language.
You guys are not as close as most would think when they hear that they have an AIP. It's only a verbal AIP gentlemen, not a written AIP. Do you really think they will get to an agreement in writing between these two very differently ran unions as he admitted? AND to get the co. on board after that??? Things are not as they lead you all to see. More reasons for stalling is all I see here.

How does this strike you AA mechs?
I think it's a low ball sentence. I take it a bit personal when someone endangers the lives of all passengers, flight crews and who knows who on the ground, just to get some overtime for himself and his family. 5-10 with a min 3-5 would be more fitting IMO. This little biatch got off easy IMO. I will give him a tiny bit of respect for admitting what he did and for why (IF that's the real story) he could have plead not guilty and lied. Which is why the lesser sentence was given, again my opinion only.
Don't worry fellas, the boys will give him a very warm welcoming when he arrives to his assigned location for the 3 year bit.

Any mechanics wanna take my bet that this will not be completed this week? Next week?? Still no date or DATES on voting. But he did state that are different dates on implementation, that could be interesting.

"ENDANGERED STATUS" Oh Boy!!! Sign me up. Or better yet force me into it.

"This is to inform you that on March 29, 2019 the actuary for the IAM National Pension Fund ("Fund") certified to the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and also to the Board of Trustees, that the Fund is in endangered status for the plan year beginning January 1, 2019, and that it is projected to be in critical status in one of the succeeding five plan years."

Some are posting in the nego thread that they "are hearing" that TWU members will get forced into the IAMPF; Are any of you mechs hearing this?
On a 2nd note; pls take notice that the language has NOT been agreed to in writing as of yet, just verbally, and he is admitting to still arguing over how they will be written, so in fact they are "still" nego the written language.
You guys are not as close as most would think when they hear that they have an AIP. It's only a verbal AIP gentlemen, not a written AIP. Do you really think they will get to an agreement in writing between these two very differently ran unions as he admitted? AND to get the co. on board after that??? Things are not as they lead you all to see. More reasons for stalling is all I see here.
Well, it wasn't done the week he said it would be done. Here we are towards the end of the second week and still nothing, will we go into the third week and beyond? It just solidifies they are still nego the written language.
Although I am not a fan of a yes vote, you guys may want to get'er done asap before the C-19 and or the Max issues get any worse. I just cannot trust nor recommend this asso. to go back to the table with their lack of experience and lack of professionalism. Any more delays from here on out will be for the co. to start taking some (even more) back out of the offer.

Coming out of ORD chatter is that it's a one day voting for the contract on March 26th. ONE DAY! Voting in person only. I believe the union will be controlling the vote process. No oversight.

Coming out of ORD chatter is that it's a one day voting for the contract on March 26th. ONE DAY! Voting in person only. I believe the union will be controlling the vote process. No oversight.
in 30 years we have never voted "in person" from 6:00 am to 8:0 0pm on march 26th. since they took away our union halls where do we all vote in CLT?

in 30 years we have never voted "in person" from 6:00 am to 8:0 0pm on march 26th. since they took away our union halls where do we all vote in CLT?
The TWU will setup kissing booths at every other gate. I believe if it's true they will be making things up on the fly. Many will miss out on voting. They planned it this way. I hope people wake up fast to this corruption. Got to get those cards signed fast.