Aircraft maint issues

So everybody should keep their occupational seniority in mergers and acquisitions. That's great.

Yet the TWU represented, Title 1 American Eagle AMT who transfers to AA through the inter-company transfer system because of a layoff doesn't get to keep occupational time.

Gimme a break!
That McCaskill bond will prevent that from ever happening again.
But remember, if both sides nego an integration deal and both sides accept then that is what it will be. Just FYI

I just read where AA refuses to do an early out program by seniority. GOOD! That's the way it should be. Also said it will not be part of the contract offer coming. GOOD! The way it should be. So I assume it will be on number of years multiplies by a certain factor that the company will pay out as. Apparently the co. heard you guys and will address the EO as it should be and handled by the company and not this crooked asso. If anything, at least this is good news as far as the EO goes. I still won't believe it, with this asso. at the helm, until I see it...

Association-Bulletin-2-4-20-796x1024.jpg

The company wants to be able to choose which stations and how many will be allocated for the early out. The company wants flexibility in deciding where and how much work will be distributed at each station after a JCBA is agreed upon. It's more of a business decision on the company. The disappointing issue is a junior guy at one station will be offered a early out instead of following straight seniority from a more senior guy at another station.
This of course will minimize the automatic Yes votes if the early out was attached to a JCBA. You can argue seniority violation but if it's not attached to a binding contractual agreement it's a mute argument.

Read through the wage charts as well. I will say DOS will put you guys dead even with our pay currently for base, long, and lic. prem. But it appears all the following years will lag a bit behind starting with the first 12 months from DOS raises. I also noticed the exact same move SWA did with us early on by leaving out the final year raise (2025) as indicated by asso. updates this contract will go until 2025, but only raises on DOS thru 48 months out--DOS--+12,+24,+36,+48 but no raise on the 5th and final year at +60. At end of contract you guys will be 58 and some change, that's 4-5 less than us and NOT industry leading as they are trying to sell it as such, so be aware. I would kick it back due to this and retro and bonus alone, but I do understand how some feel as far as not trusting the asso. I really wish you guys could get a final year raise like we did so not to allow the co. to try and starve out the membership next go around, because as soon as the contract becomes amendable you guys will be 1 year without a raise and start nego's again. Just something I am not a fan of as it's leverage for the co. It's not a terrible offer (as far as pay goes) but it's definitely NOT IL as promised and as they are try to sell it as. Now the fleet boys and other groups might be IL but not the mechanics (AMT's).
TWU.IAM_.logo2_-1024x425.jpg

Please click the link below to view an updated compensation schedule that clarifies pay elements for all Association members.

Click here for Base Wage Rates and Hourly PremiumsDownload

The company wants to be able to choose which stations and how many will be allocated for the early out. The company wants flexibility in deciding where and how much work will be distributed at each station after a JCBA is agreed upon.

Looks like the company still thought they could just get what they want as usual when it was only the pussified TWU looking out for our best interests. Thank you IAM???

Hope the package comes soon. I've had enough of this fustercluck!

So everybody should keep their occupational seniority in mergers and acquisitions. That's great.

Yet the TWU represented, Title 1 American Eagle AMT who transfers to AA through the inter-company transfer system because of a layoff doesn't get to keep occupational time.

Gimme a break!
Eagle a separate company from AA. So your reasoning is flawed.

Your reasoning is flawed.

AirCal was a separate company and kept their seniority. Eagle and LAA were wholly owned subsidiaries of the AMR corp.
You’re still flawed, AirCaL was an airline that was acquired by AA like TWA was. Except the aircal employees weren’t put on bottom of seniority list like twa employees. Eagle is an airline under the AMR/AAL umbrella, and AirCaL has been merged TOGETHER with AA like Reno, TWA and now USAIR. Eagle is it’s own airline.

I’m guessing you’re a Eagle mech trying to gain seniority.

Just like if I got a job at eagle I would be on bottom of their occupational seniority. Eagle mechs knew that they would be on bottom of AA occ seniority list when they accepted job. Now all of a sudden you’re a contract attorney trying to change your station in life.

Last edited:
The company wants to be able to choose which stations and how many will be allocated for the early out. The company wants flexibility in deciding where and how much work will be distributed at each station after a JCBA is agreed upon. It's more of a business decision on the company. The disappointing issue is a junior guy at one station will be offered a early out instead of following straight seniority from a more senior guy at another station.
This of course will minimize the automatic Yes votes if the early out was attached to a JCBA. You can argue seniority violation but if it's not attached to a binding contractual agreement it's a mute argument.

1AA, The company being able to choose where they allow guys to take the package is and has always been their decision. Ask yourself where are the most senior guys located? If they went by seniority at those stations and allow the senior guys to go, do they have enough new guys at those stations to perform the day to day operations? Answer would be NO. They have a Number of guys they want to allow to go, do you agree? IMHO it made sense for them to transfer as many guys throughout the system to the stations they are going to allow the most guys to depart. Hire what is needed, and then what ever cuts they want to have happen will make up the number they want gone, to be competitive with UAL & DL. We will not keep 3k-4k members above what the other carriers have. UNLESS THE ASSOCIATION, has kept the negative stuff from us which we all know we will see when the T/A gets mailed to us ALL. You will agree the Association is just about DUES.

They had certain things guys had to meet to qualify to get the package the last time. The Company will IMO do the same this time around as well. How and what AA does with the title 2 guys will be seen when the stations are all set with the number of them that will be contracted out at.

We just need them to realise that the TWU again has piped them. I think that a good majority of the LUS guys will depart with this package. I am talking M&R.
The age and seniority of those LUS guys is higher that LAA. IMO that would almost kill the association in M&R. If 50% of the LUS guys depart and 1500 LAA they could hire and cut costs.

Your thoughts????

There was no indoc. I was thrown right into the 757 paint shop.

You're a funny MF!

And no one yet has given me a valid reason that makes sense on why I keep company seniority and forfeit occupational seniority through an inter-company transfer.
NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY, you hired into AMR which Eagle was a part of. Eagle is a seperate company with different type aircraft and the amount of experience you had at that time was your choice. AA may of been a better choice for you if you had more aviation time. But you made that choice.
You should of hired in as a parts washer then you could of had title 1 time as you transferred into aircraft maintenance. Then your occupational time would of mattered. Just what did you do in the paint shop? Were you hired as a jr? OPS? That again depends on maintenance experience. If I am not mistaken Eagle was TWU as well so blame the TWU for what has gone on and the language it had in both contracts.

Again....No logical explanation.

What is the difference in experience when working on an airliner with 30 seats or one with 300?

Argue the point as to why size matters. Do they not perform the same functionality?
You should go back to Eagle, and maybe that company and union will give you all the seniority you feel you’re entitled to.

You have been given all the explanations there are for your predicament, you choose not to accept them, your best bet is to be grateful that AA chose to hire you after you applied, interviewed, got a AA physical, quit your job at eagle moved to Tulsa and now you are getting a 16% raise with a $6k bonus.

Again....No logical explanation.

What is the difference in experience when working on an airliner with 30 seats or one with 300?

Argue the point as to why size matters. Do they not perform the same functionality?

Just like every other job in the world you get the job you are qualified for, Large airlines require a certain amount of jet time, so size does matter in this case. I can't do anything to sway you, I get it, but the job you chose is on YOU. You either had the required experience to hire on with AA, UAL, DL, SWA or any other carrier. You made the decision to go to Eagle.GOOD or BAD. Now you want the system to adjust your time for your mistake. Blame the TWU as I said they owned both the AA contract and Eagles. Ask them to explain it to you, this is not the place you will get an answer you will understand or accept. If they don't give you the answer you want then lets remove them and get a different Union here at AA.

You should go back to Eagle, and maybe that company and union will give you all the seniority you feel you’re entitled to.

You have been given all the explanations there are for your predicament, you choose not to accept them, your best bet is to be grateful that AA chose to hire you after you applied, interviewed, got a AA physical, quit your job at eagle moved to Tulsa and now you are getting a 16% raise with a $6k bonus.

Duke; If the TWU and AA gave him the indoc he says didn't happen then at that time he should of asked the questions he asks now. His way of thinking is like a lot of guys here. Many think they are entitled that is why the IGM runs all the way through AA.

Latest posts