American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company is lying, the ASSociation is lying.
The Association does not want to bring an inferior contract to be voted on OK.
The company states it is an ILC contract comparing to Delta and UA OK

Reduce the number of jobs on the seniority list by thousands and thousands. ASSociation explain in detail.

Eliminate bridge to retiree medical for all members and retirees left to fend for themselves.
Company says otherwise (We have proposed a cash out of your accrued sick leave, which could be used for retiree medical, to bridge to retirement, or however you so choose)
Association should request this buyout at our current/future wages including all licenses and premiums

No annual industry wage comparison reset company says otherwise (We are following the new Southwest Tentative Agreement. Delta has traditionally announced wage scale increases for their non-union employees, such as Maintenance and Fleet Service employees, in April, so we will be watching that as well. Association explain that.

Abolish the defined benefit pension plan. Replace with 5% defined contribution plan with a 4% match Association explain this one in detail to us members.

I am not on the companies side but our ASSociation lacks being truthfull with its members.

How about you go on to Jetnet and DEMAND the Company release the full details in writing of what they are proposing to all of us?

It’s the COMPANY who needs to offer us things since they pay us. You have your opportunity to hit them now and you’re squandering it here.

View attachment 14208
Weez if the terms are no good as you say we will vote no.I already told you if its not tweaked im a no It seems you and the union leaders think your rank and file are stupid .Under normal conditions i would be offended but with this circus and the clowns running it im more embarrassed for them

The company is lying, the ASSociation is lying.
The Association does not want to bring an inferior contract to be voted on OK.
The company states it is an ILC contract comparing to Delta and UA OK

Reduce the number of jobs on the seniority list by thousands and thousands. ASSociation explain in detail.

You can read that one in detail on the Jetnet site regarding AMT work.

Eliminate bridge to retiree medical for all members and retirees left to fend for themselves.
Company says otherwise (We have proposed a cash out of your accrued sick leave, which could be used for retiree medical, to bridge to retirement, or however you so choose)
Association should request this buyout at our current/future wages including all licenses and premiums

They want us to pay their FULL cost for Medical plus Administration fees. Basically like COBRA.

No annual industry wage comparison reset company says otherwise (We are following the new Southwest Tentative Agreement. Delta has traditionally announced wage scale increases for their non-union employees, such as Maintenance and Fleet Service employees, in April, so we will be watching that as well. Association explain that.

No mid contract Industry comparison wage reset. Not what might happen this year at Delta and SWA. Besides the fact they weren’t clear about anything regarding SWA anyway.

Abolish the defined benefit pension plan. Replace with 5% defined contribution plan with a 4% match Association explain this one in detail to us members.

I am not on the companies side but our ASSociation lacks being truthfull with its members.

They’re talking about the IAMPF not our Frozen LAA Pensions. And the Association is asking for the 401K percentage to be a full Contribution with no need for Members to have to put in anything. Basically they want no match just all in.

I don’t speak on behalf of the Association though but also don’t think they should have to chase the tail of the dog to cover every confused individual or conspiracy theorist.

How about you go on to Jetnet and DEMAND the Company release the full details in writing of what they are proposing to all of us?

It’s the COMPANY who needs to offer us things since they pay us. You have your opportunity to hit them now and you’re squandering it here.

View attachment 14208
Relax WeAAs! That is exactly what I meant by the post. Let's see EVERYTHING in all its splendor .Let the members decide. Doesn't the ASsociation trust the membership to read the details?
Let US decide who is telling the truth!

Last edited:
Actually we already have decided... we decided when we elected to be represented by our respective collective bargaining units!

We decided collectively, and CHOSE whom we "believe is more honest" long ago...

Oh, do you mean the ASSociation whom we didn't have a chance to vote on?

Relax WeAAs! That is exactly what I meant by the post. Let's see EVERYTHING in all its splendor .Let the members decide. Doesn;t the ASsociation trust the membership to read the details?
Let US decide who is telling the truth!

I don’t know WHY this can’t get through to people that the Company has NOT put pen to paper on all those outstanding issues.

AGAIN cajole THEM to do so. I probably want to see that way more than even you do since I’m concerned about the “When and where so directed” trap door and where the Company REALLY wants to put that.

Go on Jetnet like I did and DEMAND them to put everything in writing.

I don’t know WHY this can’t get through to people that the Company has NOT put pen to paper on all those outstanding issues.

AGAIN cajole THEM to do so. I probably want to see that way more than even you do since I’m concerned about the “When and where so directed” trap door and where the Company REALLY wants to put that.

Go on Jetnet like I did and DEMAND them to put everything in writing.
AGAIN, WeAAz...This is what I meant. Let's see everything. The ASSociation should tell the company put the proposal in proper form so our members can view it and DECIDE for themselves.

I don;t recall the ASSociation being around in those years! Do you?

They were voted in in 1946, 1947 and 1995. Go and read the NMB decision and that explains in great Legal clarity what exactly the TWU/IAM Association (An Association) is. (An Association)

The TWU and the IAM are still two distinct and separate Labor Organizations. (.ORG not .COM)

They were voted in in 1946, 1947 and 1995. Go and read the NMB decision and that explains in great Legal clarity what exactly the TWU/IAM Association (An Association) is. (An Association)
WeAAZ. Spare us the semantics. We were told at the beginning we would have a vote. That's enough for me.

How about the union scare tactic of a LOCKOUT by the company?......

“The Time to Prepare for a Potential Lockout by American is Now!”

March 23, 2019 : TO: TWU - AA Locals 501 – 591 : RE: American Airlines Negotiations : Dear Brothers & Sisters: : The Association Update from TWU International went out yesterday with the added line, “The Time to Prepare for a Potential Lockout by American is Now!” and the IAM version did not.
Read More...
Download: 2019_March_23 Ltr re AA Negotiations.pdf.

When Article 33 says.........................

Attachments

• Article33.pdf
    181.5 KB · Views: 134
WeAAZ. Spare us the semantics. We were told at the beginning we would have a vote. That's enough for me.

WE “I” was also told that. And it was signed off on by Jim Little and Bobby Gless. And again over and over hundreds of times was why Little and almost all others in that group are all gone.

The people who told “US” we were going to vote are gone.

You started in the Company before I did. Should I blame you for all the crap that came down the pipe since 1978?

It’s your fault I got phucked by Airline Deregulation. From now on that’s what I’m going to say to you every time you bring up this topic.

How about the union scare tactic of a LOCKOUT by the company?......

“The Time to Prepare for a Potential Lockout by American is Now!”

March 23, 2019 : TO: TWU - AA Locals 501 – 591 : RE: American Airlines Negotiations : Dear Brothers & Sisters: : The Association Update from TWU International went out yesterday with the added line, “The Time to Prepare for a Potential Lockout by American is Now!” and the IAM version did not.
Read More...
Download: 2019_March_23 Ltr re AA Negotiations.pdf.

When Article 33 says.........................

The odds are very long IMO but. They don’t say Strike today as much as “Self Help” being a more softer PC term.

1DB36683-9215-4766-B75B-90002E2997D2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back