American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the Teamsters have always had that rule in their constitution they can over ride it, if they feel it is in the best interest of their members. Just like AMFA at Northwest never allowed the members to vote on Northwest best and final offer, before the strike. There is not really much difference in unions anymore. It's a business, just like American or SWA wants to contract stuff out to save money.
No thats apples and oranges there mister.
Not bringing back something to vote for is different that overruling a vote that went on. Sorry not even close. But if your an ibt fan that kind of explains your reasoning.

I’ve never met or spoken to the man. But the issue is funny to notice how I never read anyone from LGA, JFK, PHL, EWR, DCA, BOS, ORD, MIA, LAX, SAN, SFO or other high cost of living areas argue against the point.

But DFW and TUL are always more than ready to sound the battle cry aren’t they “DFW”gen?
No. Your always making excuses for lowering the expectations especially for maintenance. But carry on you know it all.

Just like AMFA at Northwest never allowed the members to vote on Northwest best and final offer, before the strike.

They always do seem to very conveniently forget that fact don’t they.

Hell even a bunch of Twinkees Bakers were shown more respect when their Union let them vote for the Doomsday option.

Not bringing back something to vote for is different that overruling a vote that went on. Sorry not even close. But if your an ibt fan that kind of explains your reasoning.
How is that Apples to Oranges. Let's see one accepted a contract and the people got a raise and kept their jobs. The other one no vote, and lost their members jobs. But in your eyes I guess that's o.k..

Maybe if the so called (LMAO) Leaders over there had given those Members the fair and Democratic VOTE they deserved to risk losing everything they wouldn’t have had, what was it about 800 Scabs?

You really enjoy selectively picking and choosing your voting outrages there don’t ya bub?

No. Your always making excuses for lowering the expectations especially for maintenance. But carry on you know it all.

Where have I said that you guys should ask for less in wages and benefits? As a matter of fact I think I’m the one still arguing for lower cost Medical here aren’t I.

No I just think and you can call it whatever name you like, your Brothers and Sisters in high COL areas should be making more than you do in cheap as sin DFW. (Where I know the cost of things having spent 12 years there)

And you’ll argue against it because you’re greedy. Nothing wrong with being honest about it man.

The official October update for all Association Revenue Streams!

I’m sorry 2ndGen but isn’t this Group also looking for some type of revenue stream there? Heck even the Salvation Army likes to see those Dead Presidents on paper. United Way, Susan G Kolman, etc.

F611A7E4-B9EA-4858-9064-1D711DCD2D9F.png

From what I’ve heard or believe yes they can ratify a Contract defying a vote? Even though yes they have had revotes in our careers with a few small tweaks added I don’t think they have ever gone the Nuclear option.

We already obviously know they can make unilateral changes since the wage increases of 2016 along with Cross Utilization and pay scale lengths were done without a vote too.

BTW Metal since you guys always say you want to compare yourselves to UPS and FedEx, I think Fleet should compare ourselves to UPS Drivers? Besides the CDL (Not difficult to get) these drivers are unskilled (OJT) Labor just like my Group.

View attachment 13399
I say go for it.

That's what the federal judge ruled in 2003 when we took the ATD International to court. Local 562 vs TWU INTERNATIONAL.
Judge ruled the International has sole ownership of all CBA'S.
That needs to change.
In our case the membership owns the contract NOT our National (with AMFA) or international in industrial unions cases. Again you guys need to change this before the UPS teamster fiasco happens with you guys.

I’m sorry 2ndGen but isn’t this Group also looking for some type of revenue stream there? Heck even the Salvation Army likes to see those Dead Presidents on paper. United Way, Susan G Kolman, etc.

View attachment 13400

Let's see..
B. And F. Requires a vote of the membership!
I'll take that Constitution any day..
Carry On..

Let's see..
B. And F. Requires a vote of the membership!
I'll take that Constitution any day..
Carry On..

That’s not the point. You brought up revenue streams and I pointed out that the AMP Constitution has the exact same revenue stream amount. 2 hours pay per month.

As a matter of fact I also believe more money goes to the international in AMP then it does in the TWU? The IAM is like that too.

From what I’ve heard or believe yes they can ratify a Contract defying a vote? Even though yes they have had revotes in our careers with a few small tweaks added I don’t think they have ever gone the Nuclear option.

We already obviously know they can make unilateral changes since the wage increases of 2016 along with Cross Utilization and pay scale lengths were done without a vote too.

BTW Metal since you guys always say you want to compare yourselves to UPS and FedEx, I think Fleet should compare ourselves to UPS Drivers? Besides the CDL (Not difficult to get) these drivers are unskilled (OJT) Labor just like my Group.

View attachment 13399
Weez should of stuck it out with UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back