American Airlines Just Surveyed All Its Employees – And Things Are Pretty Bad

BTW Kev do you notice a specific word in this comment?

“I spoke with Patrick O’Keeffe, American Airlines Senior Vice President – People, who was candid about the results, he suggested the most important thing for American is now having a “robust set of data” that they can work from. He says they need to work on the bond between “team and company” and “changing the culture” is their goal“

we'll see. to those that come in and keep their noses clean and do the their j-o-b, many are waiting for the company to crack down on those who don't pull their weight. impossible on gates where we now have skeleton crews, but the bigger the work area...the more sketchy and shady things become.

personally, the lax CS policy is the enabler for the self-perceived smartest clerks in the room. looking forward to a more stringent policy. i heard one contractual condition will be every FSC will have to work 70% of their bid shift. if true, bad news for the creative FSC and bad news for firemen/cops who work here as a 2nd job.

many years ago, i asked a supervisor with 1950s seniority his take on ghost-payroll FCSs. he told me that the company doesn't care who gets 'fucked' as long as the job gets done. we'll see if that is still true in 2017. in 1988, if you had 3 years, you accepted getting screwed. not in 2017. guys with 32 years getting fucked? these guys used the survey as therapy.

Reactions: wings396
plenty...you'd be surprised at the ingenuity (put in CS late to avoid CS on manning sheet...then claim p/t new hire never showed up) to the crudeness (i only have 8 months seniority, so i'll bring you a sandwich.. you let me watch tv all day (special duty)).

plenty...you'd be surprised at the ingenuity (put in CS late to avoid CS on manning sheet...then claim p/t new hire never showed up) to the crudeness (i only have 8 months seniority, so i'll bring you a sandwich.. you let me watch tv all day (special duty)).
That’s the thing, who cares! I could care less about how anybody conducts them selves at work. As smart as you try to portray yourself, you missed the mark on this one. Try just to worry about yourself, and ignore what others are doing. I do, and in doing this I have created the best working environment for myself, the only one who really matters.

BTW Kev do you notice a specific word in this comment?

“I spoke with Patrick O’Keeffe, American Airlines Senior Vice President – People, who was candid about the results, he suggested the most important thing for American is now having a “robust set of data” that they can work from. He says they need to work on the bond between “team and company” and “changing the culture” is their goal“

Lol.

A couple, actually. All these spox must go to the same finishing school.

That’s the thing, who cares! I could care less about how anybody conducts them selves at work. As smart as you try to portray yourself, you missed the mark on this one. Try just to worry about yourself, and ignore what others are doing. I do, and in doing this I have created the best working environment for myself, the only one who really matters.

Having been the recipient (multiple times) of having to do others work for clowns that like to game the system, this is not an issue that doesn’t affect us.

Maybe you’re one of those scammers Bob?

we'll see. to those that come in and keep their noses clean and do the their j-o-b, many are waiting for the company to crack down on those who don't pull their weight. impossible on gates where we now have skeleton crews, but the bigger the work area...the more sketchy and shady things become.

personally, the lax CS policy is the enabler for the self-perceived smartest clerks in the room. looking forward to a more stringent policy. i heard one contractual condition will be every FSC will have to work 70% of their bid shift. if true, bad news for the creative FSC and bad news for firemen/cops who work here as a 2nd job.

many years ago, i asked a supervisor with 1950s seniority his take on ghost-payroll FCSs. he told me that the company doesn't care who gets 'fucked' as long as the job gets done. we'll see if that is still true in 2017. in 1988, if you had 3 years, you accepted getting screwed. not in 2017. guys with 32 years getting fucked? these guys used the survey as therapy.

I heard 50%. And you can “Swap shifts” with the same person and it won’t count against you. But you can’t give away your hours and take someone else’s (different person) and have it be an even Steven.

Nope 1 Shift down.

Yes it absolutely will tighten things up and get rid of some of the Wild West going on out there.

Last edited:
Having been the recipient (multiple times) of having to do others work for clowns that like to game the system, this is not an issue that doesn’t affect us.

Maybe you’re one of those scammers Bob?
I CSO once, ever ,and that was in this past August. Define extra weez, because American asks us to do very little, so if you mean that you had to set the bypass pin in addition to placing the chocks, sorry dude that does not qualify.

I CSO once, ever ,and that was in this past August. Define extra weez, because American asks us to do very little, so if you mean that you had to set the bypass pin in addition to placing the chocks, sorry dude that does not qualify.

Far more than that. But the conversation is irrelevant. The item was TA’d. TWU side never had it in contractual language. The Company could put it in now if they want. If we vote no they will probably do just that. And the only reason we’re not doing it that way now is because we haven’t gone into Workbrain yet.

Again the TWU side on that issue had ZERO hand and ZERO leg to stand on.

NEXT?

I heard 50%. And you can “Swap shifts” with the same person and it won’t count against you. But you can’t give away your hours and take someone else’s (different person) and not have it be an even Steven.

Nope 1 Shift down.

Yes it absolutely will tighten things up and get rid of some of the Wild West going on out there.
Actually you can request and usually receive more than the allotment

Maybe American should fire half of its management. Start with half of HR (Human Remains) and middle management types, then terminate all the way up to the (W)horton VP level positions. These people don't do anything anyway. They are just 'in the way' where real work is being done.

They don't do anything but piss on you and tell you its raining to make a buck for themselves; total liability and a waste. Get rid of the AFLCIO unions too and vote in house with your own hand selected legal. No more AFLCIO criminals negotiating behind closed doors. No more seminars and no more steak dinners. No more office in DC.

Just a few suggestions.

that's a great attitude. unfortunately, lots of people stick up for themselves and don't like being taken advantage of. you know..don't tread on me..

anyways, i'm not sure how or why i portray myself as being as smart as you think i believe i am, but i'm smart enough to know that the scammers would love you in the work area they infect - you'd pull their weight.

it's kinda like having stuart smalley as your local driver:

The scammers were there before you and I got there and they will be there when we leave. The "New" language may make it a little more difficult in the beginning, but as scammers always do, they find a way. Control what you can and move on. If you vote yes and it passes, that's about all you can do. By the way, I hear 50% of your original hours, but if you swap (cso-csw) with the same individual it doesn't count against your 50%, but if you cso and then csw a different individual it DOES count against the 50% rule.

the straight swaps are good, because right now, you'll see a CS divided into 2, the manning sheet can't keep up. it's wall street trading.

i'm not a big CS guy but i do sympathize with those that need to. they jump 2 hurdles; being there and working. the scammers only hurdle is being there.

those that are at aa as a 2nd job will have a big problem.

Latest posts