AMFA Mechanics contract.08/ 2012

Ok. I would like to see the bankIng of hrs be in our control! And after each OT shift we check a box on overtime sheet saying we choose to bank hrs instead of the overtime pay. And those hrs can be used whenever thru out the year as we choose.

AvTech04-- the way our contract works is if a holiday falls on our day off, we get holiday pay on our first regular scheduled day back at work. If we day trade our first day back off then we lose our holiday pay and if we use a floating holiday on our first day back then we loose our holiday. If the holiday falls on our first day off then holiday pay will be on the last day worked. If it falls on your second day or third day off then holiday pay is on first day back. And now there is no banking of holidays or moving of holidays. Anyway I hope this helps.

I would like to see something for early retirement. Something along the lines of a perk to retire. No offence but we have guys still working more than straight time, has millions saved for retirement, collecting SS, over 70 years old and won't retire. My plan is to retire as ealy as I can. More like 55-60 not 65-70. Looking for ideas and suggestions.

Full retirement medical benefits is in the proposals. I'd really like to see that put in our next contract!

Swamt- I agree we have alot of 65-75 yr old mechanics that need to retire. I personally think they are still working for the most part because of the medical benefits. And it's hard to blame them. And I think the rest are still working so the can talk and see there buddies and keep themselves busy!

Swamt- I agree we have alot of 65-75 yr old mechanics that need to retire. I personally think they are still working for the most part because of the medical benefits. And it's hard to blame them. And I think the rest are still working so the can talk and see there buddies and keep themselves busy!
Not blaming them as we will be there one day and only work 2-3 days a week as well. Just hoping to give us all better options for the future.

Full retirement medical benefits is in the proposals. I'd really like to see that put in our next contract!

How about being able to use any accrued sick time as terminal leave ( like the military does when you seperate ) That way it isn't lost and the company knows that the employee is going to use it rather than lose it, this way it is controlled. And after it is all used up then they are officially done with SWA.

We can trade our accured sick time in for medical coverage up to age 65 and medi care kits in. If you retire after age 65 then per our current contract you loose it:(

We can trade our accured sick time in for medical coverage up to age 65 and medi care kits in. If you retire after age 65 then per our current contract you loose it:(

Trying to add more available days off into the Mechanics CBA will not come cheap and the Company would never agree to it. No matter what you call the days off available there is only so many paid days that will be provided. We will have our hands full maintaining our Day Trade language, which is the most flexible in the industry. Our real focus should be on removing LOA #1 and getting out of Aeroman. Also tightening up our Art. 2 Scope language to provide more job security and more work in- house proportionate to our growing fleet size, our group should be growing just as much as the other groups as the Company expands. I would never expect SWA to perform as much in house as the failing legacies but at least more than current trends. Medical Benefits after age 65 falls under a Me Too clause in every CBA on property and would be great to get but........you know how that works. The one thing everyone needs to do as often as possible during negotiations is sign up to be an observer. There is no other way to experience how negotiations work and how things go from proposal to TA. It is an eye opening experience that will change what you believe you know about negotiations.

Reactions: 2 people
Trying to add more available days off into the Mechanics CBA will not come cheap and the Company would never agree to it. No matter what you call the days off available there is only so many paid days that will be provided. We will have our hands full maintaining our Day Trade language, which is the most flexible in the industry. Our real focus should be on removing LOA #1 and getting out of Aeroman. Also tightening up our Art. 2 Scope language to provide more job security and more work in- house proportionate to our growing fleet size, our group should be growing just as much as the other groups as the Company expands. I would never expect SWA to perform as much in house as the failing legacies but at least more than current trends. Medical Benefits after age 65 falls under a Me Too clause in every CBA on property and would be great to get but........you know how that works. The one thing everyone needs to do as often as possible during negotiations is sign up to be an observer. There is no other way to experience how negotiations work and how things go from proposal to TA. It is an eye opening experience that will change what you believe you know about negotiations.
I agree with your entire post. I just hope they leave the day trades alone as they are a huge QOL issue a more way of life for a very large group of guys. Some guys would'nt know what to do if they had to come to work for 4 or 5 days per week, as they only work 2-3 days every week with the DT's.

I agree with your entire post. I just hope they leave the day trades alone as they are a huge QOL issue a more way of life for a very large group of guys. Some guys would'nt know what to do if they had to come to work for 4 or 5 days per week, as they only work 2-3 days every week with the DT's.

Day Trades is nice, You keep a steady partner on another shift , work double shift all week then get 9 days off! sign up and get Overtime you get your daytrade shift off with pay on Paid rest! good deal for us, we keep the train going yeah!

Reactions: 1 person
For me day trades are a must!! I need them, I want them, I enjoy the benefit of them.

Reactions: 1 person
That's the biggest thing I look forward to is those day trades.. AT only allows same shift trades right now so it serves us no benefit unless you need an extra day off here and there... This day trade formula you guys have is brilliant!!

Reactions: 3 people
That's the biggest thing I look forward to is those day trades.. AT only allows same shift trades right now so it serves us no benefit unless you need an extra day off here and there... This day trade formula you guys have is brilliant!!

I must say AvTech, it's so nice to have these options with the DT's. Some guys are hard core and work triple one day, off 8 hrs, work double next day, and then off for 5 days. Some other guys work it out with multiple partners, work 5 days, and take 9 days off. The key to this success for both mechanics or multiple mechanics involved is complete dedication to the program. Then you have the guys that just want to have more time off, and you can just giveaway your shift to someone. Nice for all the soon to be retirees to reduce time at work as well as money being made with the offset of SS. Very sweet QOL issue. If the company was to try and restrict this perk, you would "in fact" see a complete come apart within the mechanic ranks. More so than pay or bennies issues. And it's a fantastic option for all the comuters out there that have to travel or commute for work. Yes. It is brilliant... Can't wait for you guys to experience it.