AMFA Mechanics contract.08/ 2012

Question for those who share information here.

I Was wondering how the mechanics of SWA feel about the information they are getting from AMFA during current negotitions?

Are many in Dallas exercising their right to sit in and listen as AMFA and company determine your future?

What are members feelings about the change of National officers?

Has AMFA and SWA done any negotiations at any other station so that members around the system could sit in?

Do you expect to get a retro check as contract negotiations drag on?

Did that happened during last contract talks?

Question for those who share information here.

I Was wondering how the mechanics of SWA feel about the information they are getting from AMFA during current negotitions?

Are many in Dallas exercising their right to sit in and listen as AMFA and company determine your future?

What are members feelings about the change of National officers?

Has AMFA and SWA done any negotiations at any other station so that members around the system could sit in?

Do you expect to get a retro check as contract negotiations drag on?

Did that happened during last contract talks?

I have not heard anything about the company wanting to get rid of day trading. I will tell you this, it will more than likely be a no starter if they do. I don't think the company cares about us daytrading. For some it is mandatory to trade for commuting, it's also a very valuable perk for using to save VAC, F/H's, as well as sick time. It's also nice to use when you are stuck somewhere, say after a weeks worth of vacation, and you can't fly home due to over booked flights, call the bookies to get someone to work for you.

I have said this in another thread, but it really belongs here. I say we get another LOA covering all of us (SWA/AT), for any future aquisitions, buy-outs, mergers, ect... Getting it now would stand strong and hold in court if it was ever protested.
Her's a suggestion for a pay scale. Keep it @ 4 years in legnth. 5-4-3-2% in raises. And keep the bonus program going increasing it's % to 2%. And also have a 5% signing bonus. Remember, the company kept our retro for the last contract. NEVER should we ever forgo retro. This only allows the company to extend as long as they can without any type of punishment. I don't think they will be dragging their feet this time as they need a single contract asap, and I think the ball is in our court on pay raises if they want to get this done quickly. But, please be ware, the company will retort to the saying, "you guys will have to fund your own raises if you all want one", I call BS to that.
They are still reeping the rewards from last contract we gave them. If they want more lines in Els. then they can increase all above mentioned numbers to 5% across the board.

All negotiations have been in Dallas according to the updates provided.

All negotiations have been in Dallas according to the updates provided.

Although most of them are, as Dallas is the location of the headquarters, and it is easier to compile all nego teams there. There has been nego's in other cities from time to time. They are not always held in Dallas 100% of the time. They've been held in San Antonio, Denver, Chicago, Baltimore and others. But most of them are in fact held in Dallas.

Although most of them are, as Dallas is the location of the headquarters, and it is easier to compile all nego teams there. There has been nego's in other cities from time to time. They are not always held in Dallas 100% of the time. They've been held in San Antonio, Denver, Chicago, Baltimore and others. But most of them are in fact held in Dallas.

Thanks for the clarification. I pass on what I find on the internet, but have no first hand knowledge of SWA's relationship with your members.

The question also addressed retro. Has there been any discussion on that? Do you think a full retro is a possibility if negotiations stretch themselves out? Just curios.

Thanks for the clarification. I pass on what I find on the internet, but have no first hand knowledge of SWA's relationship with your members.

The question also addressed retro. Has there been any discussion on that? Do you think a full retro is a possibility if negotiations stretch themselves out? Just curios.
The last contract we signed, gave us a raise on 16 Aug 2012 on the same date the contract term ended.
We won't even be starting to earn retro until 16 Aug 2013 when we pass our next contract anniversary.
So retro is not even an issue until then.
But when negotiations pass that date, yes we will be expecting retro.

As WN has already stated, we are not due any retro until past the future date of Aug. 16th of 2013. The nego's started last year, and, IMO will go for many years, as the company is wanting to address each and every article. Also IMO the company is pissed off that AMFA was able to keep the 4th line of maint in house. Therefore they are wanting to drag out nego's and visit every article in the contract, thinking it will save them time and money. Little do they know that the membership will be holding them hard to retro once it is all worked out. There is more but cannot divulge publically.

As WN has already stated, we are not due any retro until past the future date of Aug. 16th of 2013. The nego's started last year, and, IMO will go for many years, as the company is wanting to address each and every article. Also IMO the company is pissed off that AMFA was able to keep the 4th line of maint in house. Therefore they are wanting to drag out nego's and visit every article in the contract, thinking it will save them time and money. Little do they know that the membership will be holding them hard to retro once it is all worked out. There is more but cannot divulge publically.

I understand the concept of the membership holding the company to retro pay, but honestly, that plus $2 bucks will get you a buss pass. Is there language in your current agreement that binds the company to retorative pay?

I understand the concept of the membership holding the company to retro pay, but honestly, that plus $2 bucks will get you a buss pass. Is there language in your current agreement that binds the company to retorative pay?
No, it must be negotiated for each time.

Interesting article on GK's new salary for 2012. Gee, I wonder if they will be telling us that they have to watch the labor cost. A whopping 15% increase for one year, Hmmmm.

Southwest Boosts Kelly’s Compensation 15% to $4 Million
By Ben Livesey - Apr 5, 2013 6:13 AM CT Facebook Share LinkedIn Google +1 0 Comments
Print QUEUEQ
Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV), the biggest low-fare carrier, said Chief Executive Officer Gary Kelly received $4.03 million in compensation in 2012, an increase of 15 percent from the previous year.

Kelly’s pay included $675,000 in salary, a $961,000 bonus and $2.25 million in stock awards. His compensation in 2011 totalled $3.52 million, the Dallas-based company said in a filing today.

In 2012, the company posted net income that more than doubled to $421 million. In that year, its stock gained 20 percent, compared with a 13 percent gain for the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.

Interesting article on GK's new salary for 2012. Gee, I wonder if they will be telling us that they have to watch the labor cost. A whopping 15% increase for one year, Hmmmm.

Southwest Boosts Kelly’s Compensation 15% to $4 Million
By Ben Livesey - Apr 5, 2013 6:13 AM CT Facebook Share LinkedIn Google +1 0 Comments
Print QUEUEQ
Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV), the biggest low-fare carrier, said Chief Executive Officer Gary Kelly received $4.03 million in compensation in 2012, an increase of 15 percent from the previous year.

Kelly’s pay included $675,000 in salary, a $961,000 bonus and $2.25 million in stock awards. His compensation in 2011 totalled $3.52 million, the Dallas-based company said in a filing today.

In 2012, the company posted net income that more than doubled to $421 million. In that year, its stock gained 20 percent, compared with a 13 percent gain for the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.

SWA making MILLIONS and still your association cant get a mechanics agreement????

Great post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
And the IBT is going on three years and no joint contact between UA and CO, while UA mechanics are on layoff and CO is hiring off the street.

Glass house.

SWA making MILLIONS and still your association cant get a mechanics agreement????

You have been told before but just don't listen.
We are in no hurry.
If the company wants to drag it out, we will oblige.
But retro will not come off the table.

We are not making sweat shop wages or trying to recoup concessions given away before.
We have no reason to rush anything.

And your wonderful teamsters still have no contract for the mechanics with the very same union, how pathetic... Plus your teamsters are are willing to vote on taking jobs and positions away. Way to go teamsters!!! Is there a particular reason why you would want SWA to finish a contract so quickly?? Dam sure is, so your teamsters have something to go by because they cannot do it on their own. Too bad, were not in a hurry. Is this all you got Anomaly?? Man, you are getting weaker and weaker...

Reactions: 1 person