AMFA Mechanics contract.08/ 2012

I'm one of those guys who would work a double then triple and have last shift paid rest.

I am new to posting here. I have been reading them for quite some time though. I have to say the civility on this thread is very impressive. I have sat on both sides of the negotiating table over the years (not at Southwest). The one thing we as mechanics must remember is it is not us against the company but us against the other airlines. If our proposals are reasonable everybody wins. I think that retirement health care is non starter. Most companies have gotten into financial trouble by agreeing to post retirement benefits i.e auto makers, state and local municipalities, U.S postal service. However their options to the issue.

Have y'all seen the dispatchers new contract pay rates?? Wow

Have y'all seen the dispatchers new contract pay rates?? Wow

Yes. I was told they compared themselves to UPS dispatchers. The company can no longer not use UPS for wages. They will more than likely try not to use their wages for our upcoming contract sec 6 negos, but now we have the dispatchers mediated contract that they used UPS with, and was granted. If you don't know already UPS mechs are at $51 plus...

Yes. I was told they compared themselves to UPS dispatchers. The company can no longer not use UPS for wages. They will more than likely try not to use their wages for our upcoming contract sec 6 negos, but now we have the dispatchers mediated contract that they used UPS with, and was granted. If you don't know already UPS mechs are at $51 plus...

Yea the old "boxes arent afraid to fly" crap is out the window thanks to the dispatchers. A definate no vote if anything in the daytrade language is changed. That is a must for a lot of people. The daytrade language is already ours, dont see how its going to be hard to keep it. Guess a no vote will take care of that.

http://550.twu.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=GC7tWFTlIB0%3d&tabid=1777

For those who haven't seen it... wow!
That is what a union can do when they are not forced to carry so many other classifications. What do you think their contract would look like if they were lumped together with the rest of the TWU members like the mechanics are at AA? The TWU at AA does fairly well for the dispatch group by following WN and UPS rates.

That is what a union can do when they are not forced to carry so many other classifications. What do you think their contract would look like if they were lumped together with the rest of the TWU members like the mechanics are at AA? The TWU at AA does fairly well for the dispatch group by following WN and UPS rates.

+1...and the maintenance group alone is large enough.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes our contract needs to be a mechanics contract and not have all the added groups. I'm a NO if they take away from mechanics. I also don't want to hear how times are tough and the ecomony is bad from the company. Expecially after buying another airline, Gary's 3million dollar raise and the Dispatchers new contract. I don't need more money, it would be nice tho. But I'm not willing to give up what we have already.

Yes our contract needs to be a mechanics contract and not have all the added groups. I'm a NO if they take away from mechanics. I also don't want to hear how times are tough and the ecomony is bad from the company. Expecially after buying another airline, Gary's 3million dollar raise and the Dispatchers new contract. I don't need more money, it would be nice tho. But I'm not willing to give up what we have already.

Amen!

On our next contract vote I really want to see at least an 80% voter turn out. Their is no reason for people not to vote when it's your own lively hood your voting on!! And let's get rid of the obstain option on voting. It's simple folks it's a YES or its a NO.

Latest posts