AMFA Mechanics contract.08/ 2012

I can tell you this PHX was a majority, big majority NO vote on the integration as well as most of the west coast. They even had buttons made up over the integration saying VOTE NO. I'd stake money that 98% of the actual voters voted NO. Then you have Dallas reps and Suckhole having meetings in the bay telling us it's a great deal.

We as a union are not combined as a whole in my opinion. Just look at all the voting results over the past 5 years. We need to stand tall and together against the company and let them know what we want and to let them know they can't step on our contract at will. If we don't then you can watch your contract get dwindled away.

I will vote "NO" on anything that is including the removal of the 4th line. I would think that anyone would. However, I am hearing (from hangar talk) that the majority of the Dallas guys are thinking that all the other stations don't care about the 4th line going away and will vote yes just to get the pay-out. I don't think this is true. Our outstation folks are smart enough to see that any headcount at any station would better protect us all. If SWA had to do a major lay-off, rif, or reduction of some sort, they will have to start at the bottom and move upward in the scenoirity list. The more that are at the bottom the more the upper list is protected. Yea, I know, SWA will never do that. You never know that to be fact, we all must prepare ourselves for the absolute worse case scenerio. If we don't, alot of us will be looking back to our 2012 Amendable Contract asking, "why in the $#@# did we vote to allow that 4th line to go buy-buy??" I also think that we will never have another oppertunity to get a 4th line of maint back into Dallas (or anywhere, for that matter). The company only agreed to the 4th line to get the almighty elsovador crap to pass, knowing full well, that they were going after the 4th line some time in the future--And here we are. It's time for us all to get on the same page and tell the company by a 100% majority, that they can forget getting rid of the 4th line, Then move on with the contract negotiations with no further 4th line discussions except for the fact of it starting by July 2013. Already late from when it was suppose to start. Stay united guys. From what I understand the nego team is standing strong on this 4th line.

I would have to agree. I am hearing the Samething that the other stations don't care and will vote yes to more money.would it help to put that 4 line somewhere else. Maybe phx,Houston, or the new stations such as Atlanta or even Mco . Would that change the thought process of the people. Are people feed up with us here in Dallas getting everything.what do you guys think?

I think PHX would love to get a structures line there or any other station for that fact. It means more day shift spots, more evening spots and more OT. It will also mean more mechanics below us.

Another thing I wouldn't expect many more meetings with union and mgt about our contract till after the 4th line has been arbitrated on.

Maybe if one of the four stations were to recieve this they might be more inclined to vote no. I think people are tired of having all the growth in Dallas.

Another thing I wouldn't expect many more meetings with union and mgt about our contract till after the 4th line has been arbitrated on.

And I say that's BS. Once the company sees they will lose the fight for getting rid of the 4th line they will then take 4 years to get a new contract. This is why the nego team should be demanding retro pay now. Put the company on notice that retro will have to be paid, otherwise they will be looking at a 5-10 year wait with very very ugly relationship "just like AA and it's employees are right now." The company needs to forget about getting rid of the 4th line, it isn't going to happen.
They are realy expecting the 4th line to go away guys. They haven't even started fabbing the new stands for maint in plant maint yet. What does this tell ya?
On a second note: The company said they were ina hurry to get something done by the end of the 1st quarter. They did not meet at all for the month of Oct. Only 2 days set for Nov., so far, and only 2 days were set in Aug. Yea, really looks like the company wants something done quick. They are in no hurry whats so ever. All they care about is that 4th line, if they don't get it it will be years and years before we get a new contract.

Swamt-Why you say my Post is BS? I'm confused. You actually think the company will have talks before the arbatrator rules on our 4th line? If you think they will have serious talks with AMFA about our contract then your sadly mistaken. The 4th line is the biggest thing they want back. Once the arbatrator rules in our favor and there is no reason not to! Then the company will come back with serious talks. Another thing guys don't be in a hurry to get the contract ratified! Let's ride our current contract out till company gives us what is promised on our current contract.

I read on these forums many times that when someone says something as an opinion after a couple of days and a few responses later it seems to become fact. I can only tell you from what I hear in PHX and from speaking to several friends in LAS that although the 4th line does nothing for our stations growth wise it was explained to us I thought in very good terms. If we as a Union keep letting our work go away as we have been doing since AMFA became our voice then a time will come when the company takes us to court and says to the Judge we are paying the guys a large sum or money and what exactly are they doing? Everytime we allow any work to leave we are cutting our throats. For any amount of money the 4th line should not be for sale. All the money in the world means nothing if your unemployed. PHX and LAS I assure you are NO votes just as we were with el salvador.

Swamt-Why you say my Post is BS? I'm confused. You actually think the company will have talks before the arbatrator rules on our 4th line? If you think they will have serious talks with AMFA about our contract then your sadly mistaken. The 4th line is the biggest thing they want back. Once the arbatrator rules in our favor and there is no reason not to! Then the company will come back with serious talks. Another thing guys don't be in a hurry to get the contract ratified! Let's ride our current contract out till company gives us what is promised on our current contract.

Sorry Swadl, Not saying your post was BS. I was saying it was BS that the co wouldn't talk until after the 4th line results. Trust me, I know the 4th line is the biggest thing they want. However, not seeing the co seriously nego once they loose the 4th line ordeal. I am also in no hurry, but I still say that the retro thing should be brought up, otherwise the co will delay as long as possible. I know as well as you know that the members will get jittery if it gets dragged out too long, this is why the co does this each and every time. GET the RETRO...

Back