AMFA Mechanics contract.08/ 2012

Any opinions on the company's latest presentation at the recent contract negotiations? http://www.amfa11.co...s Update _3.pdf

I think if they were trying to insult us, they succeeded.

Way too early to speculate. Just a ploy if you ask me. However, if they keep going the route they are taking it will be a new record long nego's surpassing the Appearence Techs 3.5 years. As long as the company wants the 4th line, day trades, paid rest, overtime rates above 1.5X's, 16 hr duty rate, ect they can forget it. The main thing our nego team needs to converse to the company is "RETRO" The nego team needs to tell the company that we will not forgo retro so that they can continue to drag out nego's. Plus, with everything they are asking for, why would we vote in a contract? We can continue status quo for as long as it takes, then when the company finally gets serious, the "RETRO" pay needs to be in effect.

Way too early to speculate. Just a ploy if you ask me. However, if they keep going the route they are taking it will be a new record long nego's surpassing the Appearence Techs 3.5 years. As long as the company wants the 4th line, day trades, paid rest, overtime rates above 1.5X's, 16 hr duty rate, ect they can forget it. The main thing our nego team needs to converse to the company is "RETRO" The nego team needs to tell the company that we will not forgo retro so that they can continue to drag out nego's. Plus, with everything they are asking for, why would we vote in a contract? We can continue status quo for as long as it takes, then when the company finally gets serious, the "RETRO" pay needs to be in effect.

Hopefully they won't do like all the other airlines and use the courts to toos out our contract

Can anyone tell me how Atlanta can have a bid location for avionics and oil truck bid location and no where else in our system do we have those bid locations. I am pretty sure it's not in our contract either. Elaborations please because I just notice this today in our company email.

Can any of the Atlanta guys tell us how many flights they have in Atlanta a day? Havent had a good laugh until I saw what the company presented to us. That was a good laugh. Hell we might have to wait another 5 years before we vote a contract in. We might as well go to arbitration and get what UPS has.

Can any of the Atlanta guys tell us how many flights they have in Atlanta a day? Havent had a good laugh until I saw what the company presented to us. That was a good laugh. Hell we might have to wait another 5 years before we vote a contract in. We might as well go to arbitration and get what UPS has.
I'll do that, as long as we get a fat retro check.

And, UPS's mech contract comes amendable next year. You can bet they will be getting more raises. Now we can wait until UPS is done and compare to them just like the dispatchers did.

They must have spent alot of money on those "vote for me" post cards they sent to everyone's home address.

Latest posts

Back