AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic guys. Keep up the good work. So nice to hear from AMFA National. Better get this done before Oct. Now that you have AMFA's National attention, the cards will pick up as they always do. Once the "info" meetings start get everyone to attend even the all mighty AMFA haters so they can get info how AMFA really works and not all the lies and BS they are told by the asso., TWU and IAM, as well as, AA management.

101795080_10216919750766838_4816933735180009472_n.jpg

With all the talk of reduction in force that is going on within the break rooms, and what everyone thinks the company is going to do with our new contract.

Are you sure you want the ASSociation to be the bargaining unit for our FUTURE?

Time to pick up the pace guys and get those AMFA Cards signed. They have in the past screwed up the seniority lists and pumped many of the mechanics here at AA. Get a name/card from your stations organizer and have that person sign it Sept. will be here before we know it.

With all the talk of reduction in force that is going on within the break rooms, and what everyone thinks the company is going to do with our new contract.

Are you sure you want the ASSociation to be the bargaining unit for our FUTURE?

Time to pick up the pace guys and get those AMFA Cards signed. They have in the past screwed up the seniority lists and pumped many of the mechanics here at AA. Get a name/card from your stations organizer and have that person sign it Sept. will be here before we know it.
I also remember shenanigans being played by the TWU when layoffs came from 9-11. They took very good care of some union folks and leaders and screwed a few members all so the union guys would be safe and protected from the layoff. One male ane one female stands out in my mind and I believe it was at either DFW or AFW or the other Dallas location (DHW?) or something like that.
Don't let them do this again to the members. AND it could quite possibly even get worse this time with the IAM running this asso. and could hurt the TWU side by a great deal just to protect their own. You see guys, this is exactly why a 2 different unions will NEVER work. I tried and tried warning you guys over this and now your gonna have to live with it if it get worse and you don't change union representation. Oh but trust this asso., they would never do something like that now would they???

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
We are 7 months into this current AMFA card drive and what 4 months into our current contract, The ASSociation still hasn't got it all worked out. On the many threads here on the Forums a lot of you are talking about layoffs, pay cuts, flight schedule, leave of absence, IAM pension, who is running the association. BUT I don't understand how the members of the maintenance & related group isn't worried about why this card drive is taking so long and trying to figure ways in which to protect thier futures. What is it going to take for the M&R mechanics to wake up. Just how many more times are you going to trust the TWU to LOOK after your best interest.

You ALL know that when push comes to shove they are only going to look out for themselves and the dues they will collect. Many of the M&R group have at least 15 yrs + haven't you seen what happens when the TWU deals with the company. The LUS guys they are sooooo scared of loosing the IAM pension plan which can at any time change the money you get even after you retire, stop it if you are forced back to work. LAA mechanics 401k makes more money.

There were 27 guys in MIA who took on the TWU/AA over seniority and back pay, they got a lawyer and won. There was at least 200 + others throughout the system in which this ruling affected but the TWU did not fix that. How many deals are all of you going to let the TWU make during your career?
Each and EVERY reduction in force in my 22yrs here at AA has been done with one scam or another. Red border this station or dept with a deal. Junior guys stay employed while others have to go to another station/state?

As I have said many times along with others here and on Facebook, chatrooms, and other social media it's time to get the M&R group a NEW BARGAINING UNIT.

The ONLY way that is going to happen is for the M&R guys through out the system both title 1 & 2 to sign an AMFA card, which will give us a VOTE with the National Mediation Board.

Don't YOU want a say as to what happen with this contract and all the others you will be a part of ?

What ever happens come the 1st of October good/bad are ALL of you going to just let it play out or are you going to get involved and force a change?

It's time to grow a set and not let this ASSociation take advantage of us any more.

I thought we were close enough to petition........How far apart are we?

Paul Too

We were close to the point at which we could file months ago.(50%) But many of the main organizers ended up either in quarantine or had the CV19.
When that Happened the whole drive just fell apart. That is Because the rest of the M&R mechanics who complain about this ASSociation and the TWU just are so complacent waiting on the few to do the job of the Many. At this point if the M&R work group would talk to one another and find out which cities are lacking and ask the Title 2 guys just what are they waiting for since they will see that this association is going to look out for itself and NOT them.

It seems that most are more worried about the airline more than thier careers. ORD, LAX, PHX, PHL, CLT, these are just a few of the cities that had a large quantity of mechanics who said when we get this T/A signed and we have a contract we will sign, AMFA Cards.. Well that has not happened. CV19 and ALL the other BS that is going on has everyone thinking about other things. You must know at least one of the other main organizers in the system, call them and ask what is going on. The Tulsa organizer was supposed to be putting out informational videos that has not happened.

Asking around some of the other organizers don't seem to know what's happening either. Not much has happened with AMFA National since they are dealing with Alaska, Southwest and the other carriers they already represent. Unless the mechanics here at AA take thier heads out of the butts and push the idea of having a UNION that represents us the Mechanics here at AA we are doomed. This will be the last drive for me as well as others.

I hope that answers your question.

Thank You AMFAinMIAMI! I believe your post is spot on! This couldn't have happened at a more worse time for the Industry. with the upcoming changes at AA due to the "right size" initiative, and the feeling that the Association will screw the mechanics, hopefully that spurs more signatures.

Reactions: swamt
Thank You AMFAinMIAMI! I believe your post is spot on! This couldn't have happened at a more worse time for the Industry. with the upcoming changes at AA due to the "right size" initiative, and the feeling that the Association will screw the mechanics, hopefully that spurs more signatures.

Paul Too

There is NO Hoping involved, not sure where you are city wise or what help you have given to make this Happen. But it is going to take You and ALL the guys there to pick up the pace, get more involved. Talking about it in your break room, finding out who has NOT signed a card and having ALL of the guys who you know have the same mind set to get a list from the organizer at your station, go and talk to and ask why they have not signed and explain that having our own representation will in the long run be better for our CLAS & CRAFT.

If you need contact info watch the video from DS here and call one of the names listed they can get you a list for your station and cards if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts