Another STN competitor ceases operations

So the Next logical question now is......................................"Who's NEXT" ??????

(I'm going with Spirit) :down:

Spirit appears to be doing well and is even adding new caribbean destinations. They are slowly invading Texas with service to start soon from San Antonio to their FLL hub. DFW is just a heartbeat away.

Spirit appears to be doing well and is even adding new caribbean destinations. They are slowly invading Texas with service to start soon from San Antonio to their FLL hub. DFW is just a heartbeat away.

IIRC, Sprit came into DFW a few years ago and then pulled out...

Spirit coming to DFW ...... I cant wait to see that. Maybe Delta will come back to DFW as well .....

Spirit coming to DFW ...... I cant wait to see that. Maybe Delta will come back to DFW as well .....

Hey, never say never, Mark. They just may come in with a big gray and red 747 and do China just to piss us off.

Then again, if we can't get out of our own way at our home airport why would anyone else want to come to Dallas? Seems like it ISN'T the place to be.

Since we foolishly let the former TW 75s go back to the lessor, maybe we could pick up EOS's 75s. This flying LAS on S80s has got to stop! :lol:

Since we foolishly let the former TW 75s go back to the lessor, maybe we could pick up EOS's 75s. This flying LAS on S80s has got to stop! :lol:

jim,

You know as well as I do if AA could fly the S80 LAX-JFK, they would.

I agree with you on that ...... Once upon a time LAS used to be on DC-10s.

Speaking of LAS starting to be M-80s.If there is a station that should be all 75s and 76s is Vegas.That city whether the economy is good or bad is hell to get in and out at times.

Eos wasn't a huge threat to AA as a whole, but they were stealing a fair share of the business class traffic. Unfortunately, whatever gain AA would have seen from their demise is being offset by DL and CO flying nonstop JFK/EWR-LHR.

Spirit is said to be down to about $90M in cash right now, which isn't a whole lot for a carrier their size flying lots of shiny new Airbii.... and they don't own a single aircraft. They're all leased. No furniture to burn, so to speak...

If true, I wouldn't be too worried about them right now. They're on the ropes just like all the other small airlines.

I would bet on Spirit taking a hard fall too. They must be paying high leases on the Airbii and have sustained considerable start up costs initiating all these new routes. Opening international routes usually means lots of government fees as well as brides and kickbacks. Don't most routes take a while to make money. How are Midwest, Sun Country, and Mesa doing? I have a crashpad roommate in NYC who doesn't think his employer, Mesa, will be in business by this summer. By the way, I'm ex-TWA thrilled be back flying with AA. See you around the campus, everyone !

Eos wasn't a huge threat to AA as a whole, but they were stealing a fair share of the business class traffic. Unfortunately, whatever gain AA would have seen from their demise is being offset by DL and CO flying nonstop JFK/EWR-LHR.

So how long do you think it will be before Silverjet bites the dust? Any idea of how they are doing?

Back