CAL calls of merger talks with UAL

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Howdy HOPEFUL(my ol' pal) :up:

"THIS" is "Very Large/HUGE" !!

For one thing, this will now send a signal to AA to "hold fast" !!

This is VERY BAD news for UAL, and if LCC is smart, they won't hitch there wagon to UAL either.

Almost looks like CO + AA WILL work a non-merger "deal", and for both to keep an eagle eye out for tidbits that may be jettisoned from DL/NW.

But the EVEN larger picture is to "wait out" both UAL and LCC, as to "their" short/medium term "health"

AND (maybe, just maybe) NW will see the "error of their ways", seeing it's "not to late" to tell DL to "K-M-A$$" !!

This is VERY BAD news for UAL, and if LCC is smart, they won't hitch there wagon to UAL either.

Almost looks like CO + AA WILL work a non-merger "deal", and for both to keep an eagle eye out for tidbits that may be jettisoned from DL/NW.

But the EVEN larger picture is to "wait out" both UAL and LCC, as to "their" short/medium term "health"

AND (maybe, just maybe) NW will see the "error of their ways", seeing it's "not to late" to tell DL to "K-M-A$$" !!

Mr. Bears, I'd be willing to bet if anyone called off the DL/NW merger, it'll be DL. Steenland needs to find a home.

Mr. Bears, I'd be willing to bet if anyone called off the DL/NW merger, it'll be DL. Steenland needs to find a home.

"Goose",

As I type this, it's just a few hours until Monday Morning WAKE UP, and I'll be SHOCKED if THOUSANDS of people MSP don't start asking themselves, and the Local and Federal Politicians........"And we(NW) are participating in this TAKEOVER....WHY" ? :down: :down: :down:

Let DEL-DUH..dance with UAL or LCC :up: :up: :up:

Hey Buddy,,,how are you doing?

I just find it soooooooooooo coincidental that CAL calls off the UA talks following AA talks...
I wonder what AA's offer was.

I doubt AA did anything to convince CO that UA/CO was a bad deal for CO... UA's horriffic 1Q results and their stock falling into a death spiral was enough to make Kellner and the CAL board realize what happens when you try to pull a guy with cement shoes out of the water... If anything, their decision to walk away from UA is what led to more advanced talks with AA about them joining oneworld.

It's still possible that DL/NW will fall apart on its own, but neither DL or NW is as financially solid as CO is.

Mysterious too...the link doesn't open

Typo fixed...

Essentially, LH might have something to do with US & UA being in talks. Remember, AC was an investor in US1's bankruptcy. Perhaps the idea that LH would be willing to prop up both UA and US in order to be a puppet regime isn't too far fetched...

As I said earlier, this is ignoring labor. From a labor standpoint, it would rival merging Texas Air's pile of crap in 1987, but drastic times call for drastic measures.

"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!" :p

Back