August 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

america west pilots threat.

The pilot referenced in paragraph 85 was forced to seek the assistance of US Airways in dealing with multiple threats he received by both telephone and e-mail in response to his interest in becoming a USAPA representative. Upon information and belief, one such electronic communication sent by defendant Abbott on or about May 12,

2008, inquired as to when a “blanket party” would be held for this pilot. Upon information and belief, a “blanket party” refers to a method of assault in which attackers restrain and blind their victim by throwing a blanket over the victim’s head, and then strike the victim repeatedly. The same pilot has been subjected to the threat of a concerted effort by multiple pilots to put him on a “no fly” list in order to severely limit or eliminate his work opportunities.

On or about May 9, 2008, a doll with “USAPA” written on it was discovered hanging from a noose inside the cockpit of a US Airways aircraft that landed at Lambert Airport in St. Louis, Missouri.

Reactions: 1 person
"Elise Eberwein & Russ Webber both work for an airline – he a pilot and she in management. In fact they met while Russ was representing the labor union…across the negotiating table from each other. I was going to say something here about politics making for strange bed-fellows."

http://utah-wedding-photographer.com/blog/2010/04/park-city-community-church-wedding-elise-russ-part-1/

Ms. Eberwein joined AWA in 2003 as vice president-corporate communications. From September 2005 through October 2005, Ms. Eberwein served as vice president-corporate communications of US Airways Group. She served as senior vice president-corporate communications from 2005 to 2006, when she was appointed as senior vice president-people, communication, and culture. In 2009, Ms. Eberwein was appointed [...] more

US Airways Group Inc

Compensation for 2008

Salary

$299,600

Restricted stock awards

$120,272

All other compensation

$23,232

Option awards

$376,774

Non-equity incentive plan compensation

$393,840

Total Compensation

$1,213,718

Options Exercised for 2008

Number of securities underlying options unexercisable

Stock Ownership for 2013

Number of shares owned

Reactions: 1 person
west pilots, maybe elise and russ allowed your wife to say hi to them during a company function.  You see, your wife was home taking care of children, or the house and money concerns most of the time.  Meeting elise and russ made their day, they will take care of her, wink wink.

elise can blame your problems on east pilots, but you can not blame anyone on how you decide to spend your time over the holidays.

If you were fortunate, maybe you were allowed to meet doug, wink wink.

Reactions: 2 people
EastUS1 said:
Certainly so, especially if any potential argument's based on "and missed any reference to the present situation", as this scenario's quite clearly, previously unexplored territory. RR properly observes this with: "It makes an observation at the end about just how litle case law exists from M/B."  It would appear axiomatic though, that MB law was/is intended to prevent the wholesale obliteration of any group's very representational existence whenever mergers/SLI issues are involved. From merely a layman's perspective; allowing anything of that sort would seem entirely counterintuitive to the law's very intent.
I think you summed it up adequately.

EastUS1 said:
electricjet98: Time to take it to those westicle Spartans...show them who the real boss is.  Surely a fine specimen of mucho macho such as yourself will triumph over these silly Spartans!

For a long time passing; I'd have agreed with you there, but "you'se", as a group, consistently demonstrate a level of unearned and entirely unsupportable arrogance that's usually only found in troubled adolescents. I'm nowadays, more of the opinion that what's commonly shared here, is little more than all involved being carbon-based-life-forms.

Serously: What sort of supposed "pilots' or even "adults" could EVER even begin to produce the following?..."knights"/"dire wolves".."many battles"..."valor"/etc ad nauseum. I'll leave you "Lords and Ladies" to consider your ridiculous behavior as you see fit to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT8H9smpK3U&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL5DCDEE4D2ADA2659

Minus vote noted. The only question is whether that resulted from the infantile idiocy of the video it's self = "knights"/"dire wolves"/"many battles"...and, well, of course heroic "valor" in Fantasyland "war"?....Or was it perhaps the reference to "you'se" being, as your pathetic little boy claimed: "Lords and Ladies"? PM at your pleasure.

Sigh! I'm completely bored with "you'se" little "Lords and Ladies", other than by way of continued and purely clinical interest. Wager's always open. Let the "mightiest" of all "you'se"...umm.."spartans" PM at your earliest convenience. I'll cheerfully afford your most truly impressive "Cap'n Aux" of the much-feared and properly-dreaded "dire wolves squadron" very favorable odds...assuming his momma would let him come out and play, of course.  He presents himself as a truly baddazzed hombre/"knight", who's "fought" as much as "many battles" with "valor" in supposed "war"....Seriously and honestly: How could anyone NOT laugh at "you'se" mighty "spartans"? I certainly can't help but do so, and "you'se" are owed not the slightest possible apology for that. "You'se" have some sick need to conduct yourselves as idiotic children?... Then be not surprised at easy and universal agreement.  :)

EastUS1 said:
Sigh! Give at least this your very best shot and then get back to us all.  Who knows? You could perhaps found the very first "spartan" chapter? :)  https://www.us.mensa...26C0C3BFF4B267D

Once more: I give you your brain-trust and finest "minds" at work, mighty "spartans". ;)

PS: snap..How'd the testing go? Can all now look forward to welcoming a whole new chapter of "spartans"?

Hmm...Another minus vote. Must one assume the testing didn't go well, or in properly heroic and impressive "spartan" style; wasn't even attempted? Sheesh!...And for years, we've been hearing how tough, principled and integrity ridden "you'se" all are....? No matter. Take comfort in the fact that even utter morons can hit a mouse or keyboard to enter a vote, so your voices need never be stilled. ;)

Speaking of morons, village idiots and the like though: Shouldn't "you'se" guys be putting out another video by now? :) We can always use a few more laughs.....even though, purely for laughs; it's difficult to imagine any real improvement on what's already been offered....Lords and Ladies/dire wolves/valorous knights, and even wizards with Larry Potta. ;) Arguably though; the funniest one ever was that of David Braid virtually licking the ground the 9th circuit court stood on, whilst lispingly providing narrative that it was "a massive display of legal authority" (kids seeing the "big city" for the first time, I guess)....Soon after, of course, to be completely disregarded by any/all "spartans".....

EastUS1 said:
Hmm...Another minus vote. Must one assume the testing didn't go well, or in properly heroic and impressive "spartan" style; wasn't even attempted? Sheesh!...And for years, we've been hearing how tough, principled and integrity ridden "you'se" all are....? No matter. Take comfort in the fact that even utter morons can hit a mouse or keyboard to enter a vote, so your voices need never be stilled. ;)

Speaking of morons, village idiots and the like though: Shouldn't "you'se" guys be putting out another video by now? :) We can always use a few more laughs.....even though, purely for laughs; it's difficult to imagine any real improvement on what's already been offered....Lords and Ladies/dire wolves/valorous knights, and even wizards with Larry Potta. ;) Arguably though; the funniest one ever was that of David Braid virtually licking the ground the 9th circuit court stood on, whilst lispingly providing narrative that it was "a massive display of legal authority" (kids seeing the "big city" for the first time, I guess)....Soon after, of course, to be completely disregarded by any/all "spartans".....
Did Braid really do that? Post it! I'd like to see that! "Good thing we don't step in it"!

Why didn't they play THIS at the trial? Kirby UNACCEPTABLE to West pilots. Oh, and the distance learning debacle was the WEST pilots fault ALONE! Their weak contract have the company all the leverage. Ifs it's fair for East, why not West? It's called "read your contract".

http://youtu.be/7ROyZp_7-t0

end_of_alpa said:
Did Braid really do that? Post it! I'd like to see that! "Good thing we don't step in it"!

I couldn't quickly find the video to post here. "Virtually licking the ground" was in all fairness, just smart-azzed colorization of the presented s(th)peech. The overall tone of which amounted to the usual BS of how the nic is it/the evil easties are definitely through now, and a general tone of: Look-at me-mom! I'm up at the ninth circuit court, just like a real lawyer!.., and ain't it something!....blah blah blah/etc.  "A massive display of legal authority" was indeed a contained phrase, verbatim. One thing is certain: These "spartans" sure are in love with courts and lawyers....Go figure. Personally;  I'd rather wake up to find an infestation of even cockroaches. One can at least call exterminators/pest control companies to get rid of insects. Lawyers are another issue entirely.

PullUp said:
Oversimplification. Not everyone has to be at loggerheads all the time over every issue, dude.
No matter what public stance APA is taking on this now, compromise will ultimately rule the day.
APA wants to avoid inheriting a dfr lawsuit. That has value.
APA wants to get beyond the SLI and onto the next phase - new contract negotiations. That has value.
APA wants (as we all do) to eliminate uncertainty as to how the new seniority list will look. Arbitration adds uncertainty. There is value in avoiding arbitration.
These are excellent reasons to avoid arbitration, and settle on a combined seniority list during the negotiations phase.
The other reason is that eventually all LCC pilots will be paying dues to APA and contributing ideas, energy, and capital towards (hopefully) common goals. That goodwill has value also.
I would not be surprised if the seniority issues are being worked out now.
Cheers.

traderjake said:
That's why the Nicolau Award will be used.

Keep that DOH dream alive though.
APA doesn't give a ratz a$z about a seniority lawsuit. Hello. Look at their history. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.