August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who hate paying Union dues... join the Fast Food Industry!

They are offering entire careers of working poverty part-time, minimum wage positions, with no benefits, where you can be eligible food stamps! The flip side is you will save a bundle on Union Dues-- and you don’t have to worry about any of your money going to that evil Democratic Party!

whatever,in my previous career I did just fine without one.got paid great and didnt worry about someone getting something just because they had been there longer.It was all performance. If not for a divorce and needing a more srutured schedule I'd still be doing it.
As to that evil democratic party, I don't like any politicians they are all crooks but I esp don't like Dems.

I recall WC standing up at the local lodge and telling us we should vote for him. This was right before he went to prison a few months later.
The whole state of course knew he was a crook except for poor clueless WC, maybe he was blinded be union rederic sound familier?

I can't tell you how many times I heard "I don't need a union," or "I do my job well. Why would I ever worry?"

Trust me (or don't): There's nothing worse than being on the wrong end of unjust discipline, and knowing you have ZERO recourse to fight it.

Like I asked earlier: You ever have a manager that made you wonder just how they made it to adulthood? Now imagine YOUR career hanging in the balance based on THEIR actions.

Reactions: 2 people
First I don't like the Democratic party , all of you know my position on Illegal immigration so I won't go there ...

Second , I couldn't feel more strongly that Unions are Necessary for this country ... like Kev just mentioned , all it takes for you to lose your career in a non-union job is one bad manager , and that's it your done ...

checks and balances ....

I can't tell you how many times I heard "I don't need a union," or "I do my job well. Why would I ever worry?"

Trust me (or don't): There's nothing worse than being on the wrong end of unjust discipline, and knowing you have ZERO recourse to fight it.

Like I asked earlier: You ever have a manager that made you wonder just how they made it to adulthood? Now imagine YOUR career hanging in the balance based on THEIR actions.

agreed Kev with these large corps esp airlines they are needed without question US looks at their employees as neccessary evils

Reactions: 1 person
Yes unions and democrats lead the way to prosperity....just ask Detroit. That place should be the land of milk and honey from the attitudes around here.

Charlie Brown, i read cltrat comment a bit different than u did. I felt that he meant he isnt getting what he is paying for.
I tend to agree. I know the leadership is saying that the company would like to have unskilled labor slashed to cheap labor, but really...none of this is hardly new. Yes?

The reality of the situation has changed. This company is no longer in bankruptcy and S&P just upgraded the stock with a new forecast suggesting billion dollar profits as a stand alone. Baggage fees have tripled and yhe industry health is great. Toss in a company who needs a fencing in...and we cant possibly have a more favorable environment to negotiate.

That said, it is truly disappointing thatbrother Delaney and our district leadership puked up a silly ta at united. You must realize that such actions give reason for concern.

Whatever the case, i like the actions that have taken place with the association and i hope brother delaney stays the course that he is talking. At this point, hope isnt lost that the leadership will fold with loa that circumvent the negotiations, etc.
You and prez may b in a position to stop delaney from signing a fence agreement. At united he signed a fence agreement to make things seamless and i hope he doesnt sign one at usairways without dramatically increasing scope first.

There is alot of wondering going on but it is driven by the pastactions of our leadership. Not necessarily saying you but imo, cltrat has reason to wonder. No?

Cltrat, i do disagree with you on managements perception of its employees. I dont believe they look upon them as necessary evil or necessary anything. Imo your management looks at its employees as the enemy.
Cb is right in some of the things he says due to what he hears and sees in negotiations. But thats how it has always been.
As a side, it hasnt gone unnoticed that 141 & 142 are doing some things jointly. I say its about time.

Rat
Catch ya later, you know you and I are good. It's just trying to get people to realize that in our Industry and what we are faced with, with all the companies taking our jobs for 9 bucks a hour. People better hope and pray that they get to keep paying those union dues. We will be history the day that the airline fleet service industry is non union.
The members need to know the "wolf is at the door" when it comes to our collective future as represented Fleet Service Agents. It's time to realize which party, in this dispute, is the true enemy. It's time to realize which party has our best interests in mind and act accordingly. SUPPORT YOUR NC! SUPPORT YOUR UNION! WE NEED A CONTRACT! LOCK AND LOAD M##### F######!

Reactions: 2 people
Also. The workers are at the door to collect. There is no greater negotiation environment. If our members cant get more time off, a wage that is north of amr, benefit enhancements, and most importantly better scope then something is wrong. Granted it wont come quick or without decisive action encouraged by the union leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.