Build a clock ... get arrested .. gotta love Texas

Ms Tree said:

Yes I did and if you read the account you will find that he did not. The clock was in his bag and it beeped. The teacher asked what it was and she was shown. At that point she reported it. Why would his parents not encourage him to build stuff? The kid is creative and smart. That should be encouraged. Kids have been suspended for countless stupid things. Pop tarts included. Whats your point?

The item was a clock. There was nothing that even remotely looked like explosives or a bomb. Again, whats your point? If there were so scared it was a bomb why was the school not evacuated and why was the bomb squad not called?

You are right about that. A 9th grade Arabic kid who built a clock was placed in handcuffs and denied the ability to contact his parents. I think the odds are pretty good that had the kid been a white none of this would have happened.

I guess you have not flown in a while. I doubt it will be an issue.

It appears that the concept of context is lost on you.
Ahmed Mohamad did not invent, nor build a clock. He took apart an existing clock, and transplanted the guts into a pencil box, and claimed it was his own creation. The clock was made by Micronta and sold by Radio Shack in the mid 80’s, model number 63-765A. You can buy the clock today on e-bay for $29.95.

[SIZE=11pt]http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRONTA-Large-Red-Display-Digital-Alarm-Clock-w-Battery-Backup-63-765A-VINTAGE/291565559523?rmvSB=true[/SIZE]

I stand with Radio Shack!

• Banned
Is there any possibility that he bought a kit to build it?

Regardless, way to miss the forest for the trees.

FRAUD
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmSwJTqpgY​
 ​
Was an existing clock, disassembled..​

Ms Tree said:
Is there any possibility that he bought a kit to build it? Regardless, way to miss the forest for the trees.

Let me guess. You believe that Ahmed Mohamed was detained and suspended because he is a Muslim?

How many school shootings and incidents of violence have we had, where we hear afterwards “this could have been prevented, if only we paid more attention to the signs!” Teachers are taught to be suspicious and vigilant. Ahmed wasn’t accused of making a bomb – he was accused of making a look-alike, a hoax. And be honest with yourself, a big red digital display with a bunch of loose wires in a brief-case looking box is awful like a Hollywood-style representation of a bomb.

But then again you are not interested in the facts; you’re interested in the story. Headlines and click-bait are far more interesting than thinking for yourself. You like to point out any bit of perceived injustice or discrimination you can find. You love talking about victims so much so you find victims where none really existed. You like to find somebody to blame (white, conservative Christians) even when there’s nobody at fault. You like to play social justice warrior on this forum without digging behind the sensationalism.

Ahmed Mohamed hasn’t been the only kid suspended or arrested for bringing suspicious items to school but has been the only one invited to the White House. 

Knotbuyinit said:

Let me guess. You believe that Ahmed Mohamed was detained and suspended because he is a Muslim?

How many school shootings and incidents of violence have we had, where we hear afterwards “this could have been prevented, if only we paid more attention to the signs!” Teachers are taught to be suspicious and vigilant. Ahmed wasn’t accused of making a bomb – he was accused of making a look-alike, a hoax. And be honest with yourself, a big red digital display with a bunch of loose wires in a brief-case looking box is awful like a Hollywood-style representation of a bomb.

But then again you are not interested in the facts; you’re interested in the story. Headlines and click-bait are far more interesting than thinking for yourself. You like to point out any bit of perceived injustice or discrimination you can find. You love talking about victims so much so you find victims where none really existed. You like to find somebody to blame (white, conservative Christians) even when there’s nobody at fault. You like to play social justice warrior on this forum without digging behind the sensationalism.

Ahmed Mohamed hasn’t been the only kid suspended or arrested for bringing suspicious items to school but has been the only one invited to the White House. 

Furthermore, if you take a look at the father of the kid he is a master race hustler, well known as such in the community. Mark Cuban had mentioned when he was talking to the kid on the phone the sister was feeding him what to say. 

Like i said before this whole thing was manufactured aka astroturf'd.

• Banned

Knotbuyinit said:

And you think his ethnicity had nothing to do with it. What's your point? It did not look anything like a bomb. There was nothing even remotely similar to something that looks like explosives. Look at the picture. It was not a briefcase. Not even close. Look at the plug then look at the box it was in. More like a pencil box than anything else. Very threatening. The only time a hoax was mentioned was after the fact when they knew they screwed up. If they thought it was a bomb they should have called the bomb squad. If they just thought it was a hoax there was no reason to put a 9th grader in cuffs and treat him like a criminal.

I get a kick ever time you, Hack and the others talk about facts. It's so cute.

oj2xhj.jpg

Bill Maher weighs in. I pretty much agree with him on this one:

"On Friday’s episode of Real Time With Bill Maher, the host shared his thoughts and opinions about the bomb scare incident, Upworthy reports. While Maher thinks Ahmed deserves an apology from school officials (“No doubt about it,” he said. “They were wrong.”), he thinks the student’s teacher did nothing wrong by bringing the homemade clock to school officials’ attention.

“People at the school thought it might be a bomb,” he said on the show, “because it looks exactly like a fucking bomb.”

And if what it had been a bomb, he posited. “So the teacher’s just supposed to see something that looks like a bomb and be, ‘Oh, wait, this might just be my white privilege talking?’” Maher joked. “ ‘ I sure don’t want to be politically incorrect, so I’ll just let it go.’ ”

Maher, however, does not deny that the fact that Ahmed is Muslim played a role in escalating the incident. “It’s not the color of his skin,” he said. “For the last 30 years, it’s been one culture that has been blowing **** up over and over again.”

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-maher-does-not-stand-004056527.html

• Banned
Glenn Quagmire said:
Bill Maher weighs in. I pretty much agree with him on this one:
"On Friday’s episode of Real Time With Bill Maher, the host shared his thoughts and opinions about the bomb scare incident, Upworthy reports. While Maher thinks Ahmed deserves an apology from school officials (“No doubt about it,” he said. “They were wrong.”), he thinks the student’s teacher did nothing wrong by bringing the homemade clock to school officials’ attention.
“People at the school thought it might be a bomb,” he said on the show, “because it looks exactly like a #### bomb.”
And if what it had been a bomb, he posited. “So the teacher’s just supposed to see something that looks like a bomb and be, ‘Oh, wait, this might just be my white privilege talking?’” Maher joked. “ ‘ I sure don’t want to be politically incorrect, so I’ll just let it go.’ ”
Maher, however, does not deny that the fact that Ahmed is Muslim played a role in escalating the incident. “It’s not the color of his skin,” he said. “For the last 30 years, it’s been one culture that has been blowing #### up over and over again.”
http://news.yahoo.com/bill-maher-does-not-stand-004056527.html
That's fine except for this. If they thought it was a bomb, why wasn't the bomb squad called? That's seems to invalidate Th3 argument.

Ms Tree said:
That's fine except for this. If they thought it was a bomb, why wasn't the bomb squad called? That's seems to invalidate Th3 argument.
Your argument was quickly and obviously invalidated shortly after you started this topic.

How does it feel knowing that you'll believe anything?

No matter how stupid it is?

Hackman said:
Your head-in-the-sand idiocy knows no bounds, no surprise. Did you know Achmeds' teacher allegedly told him not to show the clock to anyone one else? Interesting, why would she say that professor libtard? It looked like a possible bomb, that's why. You seem to know all about this kid, why would his parents allow this? Do you know Texas Law doesn't allow fake guns, or fake bombs in schools?  Ask the "Pop Tart" kid that chewed it into the shape of a gun. Suspended for 3 days. Liberal Maryland too. Now that's insane. http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/44393474947/2nd-grader-suspended-over-gun-shaped-pop-tart

"Under Texas law, a person is guilty of possessing a hoax bomb if he possesses a device that is intended to cause anyone to be alarmed or a reaction of any type by law enforcement officers," Chief Boyd said.

The school acted according to the law, so did the police. The libtards are in a tizzy because police detained a mooslim, handcuffed the mooslim, and those racist police violated his mooslim rights. Finally, it occured in racist redneck Texas, the blood pressure goes to the moon of the rabid leftist Dudly Doright.

I can't wait to see if the TSA lets Achmed carry his homemade "clock" on to a commercial aircraft for his White House visit. If not, maybe Nobammy could send Air Force One out on the tax payer dime.  Nobammy sticks his nose in again, but nothing about all the officers killed or Kate Steinle being shot by a felon illegal mexican. Not a word.

Tell you what cupcake, construct a homemade "clock" with a timer, wiring, and the various electronic components in a briefcase, a cooler, a computer case, or even a cute code pink purse and carry it through security at an airport, a courthouse, or any secured area.

Let us know how the arrest and jail stay goes. 

These progtards never get it. They would be the same ones howling if and only the 911 hijackers were detained and questioned over their one-way tickets and box cutters. They would run to the media screaming "islamophobia" and the left would carry their water.

At the same time being totally oblivious to the significance of could have happen.

Latest posts

Back