Censorship of Information by Burchette

I have asked every year to attend the tulsa meetings and the contract meetings and every time I am denied. Maybe steve luis will let the line guys go and this way we all can participate together. No division of members, we all can speak for all to hear not segregated meetings and different speeches at each. I would welcome any Tulsa members to any of our meetings at JFK.

Hey chuck glad to see you are still around, I wish you were still a President so you could keep us informed about what is going on behind the curtain. I would really like to see you at that meeting, I don't see any reason why anyone who wanted to come could not come, I will do some checking to see if they will open it up for everyone, and if not find out what their problem is, like Informer said the Umac is big eneough for everyone, especialy since alot of people will not show up.

Alot of Apathy in Tulsa as you know. <_<

Negotiating in DFW again! What kind of ATD leaders do we have? It is a great disadvantage to the traveling presidents to be DFW for weeks and months. The company knows, the ATD knows it, and Labor professionals agree that is bad move. The excuse of losing their money has no weight. If told the ATD Reps to lock in a hotel in DFW? What union would defy negotiating logic 101? The last negotiation in 2003 was horrible watching the company officials involved in negotiation going about their business on the job and getting in their cars and going home while we sat around doing nothing! Everyone in negotiations 2003 spoke of next time not having negotiations again in DFW. What happened and why should we accept their poor decision. Money is a poor excuse and unacceptable. We gave up 315 million dollars each year for the last 5 years for over a billion dollars. What is money to us? it seems that it was not so important in 2003 because it was mine!

I have asked every year to attend the tulsa meetings and the contract meetings and every time I am denied. Maybe steve luis will let the line guys go and this way we all can participate together. No division of members, we all can speak for all to hear not segregated meetings and different speeches at each. I would welcome any Tulsa members to any of our meetings at JFK.

Steve Louis has been claiming that he was easily able to form alliances with Line Presidents.

Call and ask to attend the meeting on October 20th and let's see where he stands.

TWU Office Hall

11945 East Pine Street
Tulsa Oklahoma, 74116

Phone: (918) 437-4300
Fax: (918) 437-0310

Grievance Office (on base)

Phone: (918) 292-3213
Fax: (918) 292-3165

The way to get the attention of all involved is for enough of the negotiating committee to not show up at Headquarters for DFW negotiations. If the committee does not have a quorum ( a minimum percentage of committee members) then no business can be done by the negotiating committee. They can talk but they can't conduct any official union business. This will send the right message to the TWU and the company that DFW is not a fair for negotiations! Let me know which presidents are serious about DFW negotiations and if they have a better idea. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem!

The way to get the attention of all involved is for enough of the negotiating committee to not show up at Headquarters for DFW negotiations. If the committee does not have a quorum ( a minimum percentage of committee members) then no business can be done by the negotiating committee. They can talk but they can't conduct any official union business. This will send the right message to the TWU and the company that DFW is not a fair for negotiations! Let me know which presidents are serious about DFW negotiations and if they have a better idea. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem!

Chuck why are you concerned about where the Negotiations take place are you somehow involved with the Negotiations ?

Chuck why are you concerned about where the Negotiations take place are you somehow involved with the Negotiations ?
The point is that if negotiations take place where management lives, they get to go about their business as usual. For at least 15 or so union negotiators, they must live out of a suit case and disrupt their lives. Guess who folds first in circumstances like this? <_<

The point is that if negotiations take place where management lives, they get to go about their business as usual. For at least 15 or so union negotiators, they must live out of a suit case and disrupt their lives. Guess who folds first in circumstances like this? <_<

Ok, now I got it, good point.

Given the TWU track record on negotiations, we would all fair better if they did not take place at all.

Given the TWU track record on negotiations, we would all fair better if they did not take place at all.

I agree, especially with the specific individuals that will be negotiating ( like Burchette ) I am concerned about losing what we have with these guys negotiating and the fact that we would not be able to strike even if Tulsa would be willing to since Bush would step in and force everyone back to work, also they could sell the base or file bankruptcy, I tend to think that the company will probably throw a bone to the Negotiators and they will sell us on a small raise and maybe a few benefits back, hopefully these inhancements will not come at the loss of some other benefit.
like retiree medical or our Pension etc. but if it does I won't be surprised.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Pilots, I am actually glad they went first.

Especially considering that we've already seen the tentative agreement, they just have to figure out how to re-shuffle it to sell it, and secure a good commission for themselves for selling retiree medical. :down:

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Pilots, I am actually glad they went first.
We will be done long before the pilots are done, they plan on negotiating with the company, not drinking, dining out, smoking cigars, playing basketball, or the many other things our negotiators have done with them in the past. :down:

I am not directly involved in where the negotiations is being held because if i was, I would be doing everything in power to fight it which would mean taking on who ever gets in my way. Negotiations in DFW is a smack in the face to me as a member and should be to all of us in the ridiculous union.

I am not directly involved in where the negotiations is being held because if i was, I would be doing everything in power to fight it which would mean taking on who ever gets in my way. Negotiations in DFW is a smack in the face to me as a member and should be to all of us in the ridiculous union.

Where are the Pilot Negotiations taking place ?
If the Unions can force the company to Negotiate someplace else then why would they do it in DFW ?
Where do the Flight Attendants Negotiate ?

Negotiating in DFW again! What kind of ATD leaders do we have? It is a great disadvantage to the traveling presidents to be DFW for weeks and months. The company knows, the ATD knows it, and Labor professionals agree that is bad move. The excuse of losing their money has no weight. If told the ATD Reps to lock in a hotel in DFW? What union would defy negotiating logic 101? The last negotiation in 2003 was horrible watching the company officials involved in negotiation going about their business on the job and getting in their cars and going home while we sat around doing nothing! Everyone in negotiations 2003 spoke of next time not having negotiations again in DFW. What happened and why should we accept their poor decision. Money is a poor excuse and unacceptable. We gave up 315 million dollars each year for the last 5 years for over a billion dollars. What is money to us? it seems that it was not so important in 2003 because it was mine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Chuck, as you already know).....A HUGE reason, why AA moved HDQ to texas, knowing FULL well that the TWU/ATD would "follow", leaving TWU local 100(NYC), as the ONLY local with any INTESTINAL FORTITUDE.

Where are the Pilot Negotiations taking place ?
If the Unions can force the company to Negotiate someplace else then why would they do it in DFW ?
Where do the Flight Attendants Negotiate ?

There is no advantage for any group to negotiate at headquarters. Ask any labor professor if this situation is in the best interest of our members. Since I was there in 2003, I have planty of examples why we should not negotiate in DFW.