Company Match

AABNA

Jul 18, 2013
I retired back in 2012 and wasn't old enough for the retiree ins. I know this has been debated over and over but is the company match settled? I've read that it's gone but isn't it in individual accounts? Just wondering. Thanks

I retired back in 2012 and wasn't old enough for the retiree ins. I know this has been debated over and over but is the company match settled? I've read that it's gone but isn't it in individual accounts? Just wondering. Thanks

It's gone like a fart in the wind. Forget it and move on.

Reactions: Rogallo
What is retiree insurance? not a possibility at all for LUS
Before we went into bankruptcy we prefunded from our salaries with American matching. You had to be 55 to retire and claim it but we were offered early out packages since they were doing away with my title group. I was 3 months short.

This explains it in plain simple english even a 5th grader can understand.
Too bad the TWU can't even read and defend it's own agreement.
Screenshot_2018-11-10-16-03-51.jpg

View attachment 13575
Thanks for this. For what it's worth, having this money doesn't affect what I do or how I life my life. But I have to ask, the letter looks pretty cut and dry, Why isn't this a bigger issue between the union and the older employees?

Thanks for this. For what it's worth, having this money doesn't affect what I do or how I life my life. But I have to ask, the letter looks pretty cut and dry, Why isn't this a bigger issue between the union and the older employees?

It is a big issue. The company outsmarted and outmaneuvered the TWU on this and many other issues. Right now the focus is on getting us out of this awful bankruptcy, concessionary contraact.

The membership is weak and disconnected from the issues. We are divided and the union keeps us this way to stay in control. We get enough information from the union so the membership thinks they are doing a good job. That letter is about as plain and simple of an agreement you can write. Somehow the union took that agreement and allowed it to be played in the BK courts. It ended up in the companies favor. I would guess that a first year lawyer could have held the company to that agreement. I'm not a lawyer so it's just my opinion. It's sad that nothing the union puts in writing is worth the paper it's written on. Any future CBA will be in question of its creditability if challenged by the company.

The membership is weak and disconnected from the issues. We are divided and the union keeps us this way to stay in control. We get enough information from the union so the membership thinks they are doing a good job. That letter is about as plain and simple of an agreement you can write. Somehow the union took that agreement and allowed it to be played in the BK courts. It ended up in the companies favor. I would guess that a first year lawyer could have held the company to that agreement. I'm not a lawyer so it's just my opinion. It's sad that nothing the union puts in writing is worth the paper it's written on. Any future CBA will be in question of its creditability if challenged by the company.
So nothing has changed since I left. I was one of the last ones left in title 4. From the time I was hired in 1986 at BNA the only thing we were told by the union was to "sit down and shut up". I'm surprised the TWU has lasted as long as they have.

Blah, blah, blah “Bad Salesman”. Blah, blah, blah.

I'm surprised the TWU has lasted as long as they have.

75 years and counting at AA. TWU isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

View attachment 13575
Pretty sickening to read that and then see what American did to keep their contribution while making more in a year than they used to make in 10 years. I guess their lawyers were sharper than the TWU's.