Company Match

Is this what happens with every topic?
Yep...and do you need any more proof who the main culprit is. Enjoy youtube's second channel.
Hey, wait a minute it, did you come on here with some kinda of agenda?!? lol Just kidding BNA...
Back to your original question, the TWU did file a compliant with an arbitrator and he ruled in the company's favor.
Parker has since stated that he will use the money that they allocated for our match to pay for the current retiree's medical. In his opinion, we will not get anything. There are those who float around here and hold out hope we still may succeed in getting something sometime, I don't see it.

Yep...and do you need any more proof who the main culprit is. Enjoy youtube's second channel.
Hey, wait a minute it, did you come on here with some kinda of agenda?!? lol Just kidding BNA...
Back to your original question, the TWU did file a compliant with an arbitrator and he ruled in the company's favor.
Parker has since stated that he will use the money that they allocated for our match to pay for the current retiree's medical. In his opinion, we will not get anything. There are those who float around here and hold out hope we still may succeed in getting something sometime, I don't see it.

Since the question was already answered I have to guess once again you’re looking to start with me.

You send me PM’s saying you don’t want any more trouble with me but then, poke, poke, poke, there you are again.

My question has been answered. The money is gone. Y’all now can go back to do what you were doing.
Ding ding ding!!

I didn't say "Bag Smasher" in my post. Weasles took the low road with his lame charts, and backhanded insults. I simply refuted his assertions, and pointed out the irony of one statements with the Burger King example. I harbor no personal animus towards any other work groups. So, before you play the victim card, please consider these facts.
No Timid Weak Union is the one who made the "bag smasher" comment but you are the one who implied to a clerk that he only works for American Airlines because they called him back before Burger King..... like his only other option in life is fast food.

That is not the first time I have seen that exact same comment almost word for word. So you are either parroting someone else's post or you are the one who posted that previously.

Either way it is pretty insulting.

This is what you get when fleet service is negotiating for Aircraft Maintenance in a fleet service union.
Didn't the mechanics of 514 elect Sam Cirri, a Fleet Service Clerk, as local president? Did the company not get rid of the Fleet Service Shop at TULE during his tenure?

I can tell you when they shut my shop down and I was cleaning out my locker it certainly did not feel like a Fleet Service UNION.

Last edited:
# 1: It’s not MY BLS chart. I don’t work for the Federal Government.

#2: I doubt they ever would include them and I wouldn’t accept it if they tried to either. There are many reasons you should earn a Premium against the BLS facts.

#3: I didn’t see anything in those figures that mentioned “And Related” but those groups deserve at least the same compensation you get (Facilities and Automotive)

#4: The rest sounds like a soapbox speech. When you get a TA you will have “ONE” vote. That vote for whatever reason you decide to make it is your choice. Yes or No.

BTW the “And Related” ARE your concerns because they are part of your Class and Craft as recognized by the NMB. And we’re ALL each other’s concerns because the Association is not going to accept one group getting a TA while the others continue on waiting. And I already know how you all feel about that so I don’t need to read it again to death. :)

Of course you didn't see an actual breakdown of titles, isn't that convenient for the company. They just like to break it down to "maintenance workers".
When the company is including the "and relateds" in their headcount numbers - to use when comparing AMTs per aircraft with other airlines - it becomes an issue.

We will agree to disagree on Facilities and Automotive receiving the same compensation as AMTs. The responsibility and liability an FAA licensed AMT carries for signing off for an airworthy aircraft cannot be diminished for political correctness. This is not to say they shouldn't be compensated fairly.

Reactions: 1AA
Of course you didn't see an actual breakdown of titles, isn't that convenient for the company. They just like to break it down to "maintenance workers".
When the company is including the "and relateds" in their headcount numbers - to use when comparing AMTs per aircraft with other airlines - it becomes an issue.

We will agree to disagree on Facilities and Automotive receiving the same compensation as AMTs. The responsibility and liability an FAA licensed AMT carries for signing off for an airworthy aircraft cannot be diminished for political correctness. This is not to say they shouldn't be compensated fairly.

The BLS website is not going to include any “And Related” into their data for Aircraft Maintenance Technician statistics as they’re not part of the NMB and would likely quantify some of those groups into other categories. The BLS doesn’t care about your NMB designation or if you belong to a Union or not.

I would never consider diminishing your responsibility or liability although of course as a passenger it’s your responsibility I value the most.

Do you really believe you have more economic or educational value than Facilities Maintenance? Not to denigrate anyone in your Class and Craft but I would think the Facilities guy would be able to find work much quicker than an AMT as a Facilities guy would be more rounded on unique skills?

BTW what is your quantification for “Fair Compensation” between the AMT groups and related? Should OH Mechanics make more than the Line? Curious?

Nice try with your spin. AMP is not negotiating for us. The non elected dysfunctional Association is. AMFA is your union. Seven years? Sorry it's been that long. We are right behind you with the Association. Merry Christmas.
There is no spin the fact is we are going into our 7 th year. Unfortunately at Northwest kicked the IAM out those guys went 10 years without a raise under the IAM. But when Northwest started laying the mechanics off under AMFA they told them here is your layoff notice here is your grievance, see you in court. Payback to AMFA from Northwest management. Your AMP drive looks like it died, sounds like the Association represented mechanics want to keep their guarantees and not take a gamble with an unknown Union. That's not a spin, that's the reality you guys are in.

Didn't the mechanics of 514 elect Sam Cirri, a Fleet Service Clerk, as local president? Did the company not get rid of the Fleet Service Shop at TULE during his tenure?

I can tell you when they shut my shop down and I was cleaning out my locker it certainly did not feel like a Fleet Service UNION.
Well it is now.

Well it is now.

Actually there are 3 Rail Guys and 2 AA Fleet Service guys in the top leadership positions.

http://www.twu.org/our-union/leadership/

And the TWU Represents the highest numbers of people in Flight Attendants first I believe now followed by Bus and Rail Workers.

Hey if you don’t like it you could always try to organize into a Union that mostly represents AMT’s?

Oh that’s right. I’m sorry, never mind.