Delta employee smuggles guns on plane

back to personal attacks again - remember that when you are accusing others of personal attacks

once again you are wrong - there are many times the actions of the employees are considered actions of the company

jcw said:
back to personal attacks again - remember that when you are accusing others of personal attacks

once again you are wrong - there are many times the actions of the employees are considered actions of the company
Troof

Just ask the FAA.

Me thinks there will be fines

criminal actions of an employee do not become criminal actions of a company unless the company itself is not doing what it is legally required to do.

I know it is hard for you to see yourself for what you are, but YOU are the one that made the comment about an arm chair lawyer.

Troof

Just ask the FAA.

Me thinks there will be fines
be sure and let us know if it happens.

If you leave a jet ridge door open, it's a 10k fine.

Not sure what it is for AKs and ARs in carry on bags though..

indeed.

smuggling guns on isn't an accident or a workaround of procedures.

it is a willful criminal action.

It is the responsibility of the employee.

You will let us know when the fine is assessed, won't you?

if any one of those guns was aboard the plane that was an originator  and the ppwk was signed off by all party members  then that fine would be significant  not to mention punishment by the feds for failure on DL part.    Secondly  I agree with Kev that changes cld very well come   

Also on that article on yahoo regarding this incident  it appears that the employee was using another employee buddy pass    if true  that other employee cld be in serious trouble too      

In other words, it's WT's position that DL is not at fault because a guy carrying a duffle bag filled with semi-automatic rifles didn't raise any suspicions from other DL employees.

The letter of the law says DL is accountable and responsible for securing their leasehold.

If someone's walking around the ramp without a visible SIDA badge and it isn't questioned, DL is the one who gets fined. I'm told our corporate security auditors will walk the company's premises systemwide without visible ID just to see if people challenge them (and not just at the airports, but also in the HDQ complex).

If DL's employees haven't been trained to look for suspicious behavior like this, then ultimately, they failed.

BTW, a union has a duty to represent the employee when disciplinary action or charges are filed against them by the company. It gets a little muddy when criminal charges are filed due to actions unrelated to their job duties.

it's not my position that matters.
in case you forgot, 9/11 involved the EXACT same issue.

no one said someone is walking around the ramp with a SIDA badge.

you are the one that is making up a scenario - and we don't and shouldn't know what actually did happen.

If DL provided a system - which the FAA had to approve - and an employee willfully bypassed it, it is the employee's guilt that is at issue.

funny you can see the mud if it employees a union but you can't see the clear distinction between a company following the law.

the principle is the same.

if a company is NOT doing what is required and if an employee breaks the law esp. in a case like this, the union is of no help.

there is nothing in an employee's job that involves smuggling arms.

At Tech Ops, the cheese grater is a head to toe turnstile, allowing you access to the hangers and ramp,that barely let's you and your lunch box through and that only allows you to go one way, there is no way back, up or down. We were told they were FAA mandated, after 9/11.

there's another article on www.cnn.com regarding   and according to that  a total of 129 guns  of which most were hand guns and couple AK47s and another one MK type made it to NY.    there it was sold to an under cover NYPD

For the rest of the AT large ATL employees it is big enough to squeeze you and two suitcase through. Pilots FA's and janitors ..all going to work on the honor system..... How can that be a problem? It is just outside of the security check point ...for now

No, not the EXACT same issue. Not even close, Skippy.

Objects which weren't prohibited to pass thru the checkpoints were used as weapons. There was nothing smuggled by employees.

There is precedence for an airline being fined over the actions of its employees:

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-08-30/news/mn-25227_1_eastern-airlines
smuggling is exactly what DL calls it

and the cheese garters have been around ATL for a long time... not sure that they were around before 9/11

Back