Delta Labor Relations thread.

townpete said:
You didnt earn it through a contract.

I seen many of the pro union people (including you) make all kinds of disgusting and snide comments about the increase, yet non of them refused to take it.

Why is that?
What I really enjoyed hearing from the pro union peeps was "We want guaranteed money in our paychecks, not profit sharing!"
They get a huge increase in paycheck, less profit sharing then chime "Their taking away our profit sharing!"

Can you say "Hypocrites!"

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
That's not how it works.

It's not a leverage issue at all. The company can "discuss" changes all they want. With an agreement in place, no changes can be made without a vote. There's nothing to grieve, nor is there anything to "cave" on; the extant language stays in effect.

Meanwhile, at Delta...

All I read from the above is that the company will  notify the union and provide the opportunity to discuss changes.

Nothing about the union having the ability to veto changes.

So then, what is the point of union dues if the contract language above is the best they can do?  If the contract language was the company will notify the union and then negotiate changes, well maybe the dues are worth it.  For what is written in the contract language above, he11 no!

Reactions: 1 person
I'd love to see the full contract language, I did not see it posted here.
(but I may have missed it somewhere in the 80+ pages or the almost 600 in the other labor thread).

That's 'cause it' wasn't posted.

And the actual language may very well be horrible... or it may be industry leading; we don't know because it was intentionally left out by the group that made the flyer.

Kev3188 said:
That's 'cause it' wasn't posted.

And the actual language may very well be horrible... or it may be industry leading; we don't know because it was intentionally left out by the group that made the flyer.

Its posted as is. Nothing was left out.

And here is the language TP forgot to post:

The overall level of benefits described in this Section will remain comparable for the duration of this Agreement. However, the Company may substitute another vendor to administer or insure the benefits or administer or insure those plans itself. These benefit programs may be deleted, modified or amended by the Company. Prior to making changes in benefits, the Company will notify the Union and provide the Union an opportunity to discuss such changes.

A committee consisting of Union and Company members will meet quarterly to review and discuss issues related to insurance benefits. The Company will share information with the members regarding benefits, costs, claims experience and possible plan design changes to the maximum extent and as early as possible to provide for effective consultation and input prior to implementing changes.

Kev3188 said:
Maybe not to those looking to reinforce their confirmation bias it doesn't...

There's nothing in that text 700 posted that reinforces the union position.

townpete said:

Which means nothing...
Says someone who never was a union member, never worked under a CBA, nor negotiated a CBA.

Yep, your an expert at NOTHING.

Wonder if F&H and DL know your wasting their money?

And it clearly shows you have no idea about collective bargaining, look up the word INTENT.