Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbedagain said:
not too long ago  the GOVT  the DOJ/DOT says DL is not a good candidate    that says a lot  

DL pretty well lost the 2 gates at DAL   Its  a battle btwn WN and VX   but who knows if anthr LCC will come into play
I don't think it speaks to that Robbed, I personally don't have much confidence in the objectivity of the DOJ especially after the lawsuit blocking the merger. Everything is very political perhaps DL didn't have the most effective lobbying strategy.

Josh

Let WT live out his delusions of grandeur.

The facts remain that DL hasn't filed a single challenge in court.

With everything else that isn't getting thru Congress at the moment, this is a miniscule issue, involving a corporation (with a dominant national presence) who feels it has somehow been disenfranchised.

The harsher reality -- any attempts to try and change Wright won't happen for at least a year (if an attempt even managed to get out of committee).

I'd still say that WN's goodwill with the media and Congress exceeds DL's right now.

DL might have deeper pockets, but WN's still viewed as an airline of the people. DL's an evil corporation. Getting over those two perceptions will be harder than convincing a judge to overturn Federal law and a settlement agreement signed NINE YEARS AGO.

so true e..

700  I thought there was a flyer that was posted on here not long ago that showed the new AA is nbr 2 at LGA   I could be wrong but I could sworn that aa is nbr 2 as well as at JFK too  

eolesen said:
Let WT live out his delusions of grandeur.

The facts remain that DL hasn't filed a single challenge in court.

With everything else that isn't getting thru Congress at the moment, this is a miniscule issue, involving a corporation (with a dominant national presence) who feels it has somehow been disenfranchised.

The harsher reality -- any attempts to try and change Wright won't happen for at least a year (if an attempt even managed to get out of committee).

I'd still say that WN's goodwill with the media and Congress exceeds DL's right now.

DL might have deeper pockets, but WN's still viewed as an airline of the people. DL's an evil corporation. Getting over those two perceptions will be harder than convincing a judge to overturn Federal law and a settlement agreement signed NINE YEARS AGO.

and whether any of that is true or not has nothing to do with airport access.  Either the market is freely open has nothing to do with who sucks up more or not.

WN's marketing machine has done a great job over the years... but no other carrier has cut as much service after a merger as WN has done.  they want desperately for everyone to forget that but DL will have no problem highlighting to legislators that WN isn't the champion of the people that they claim to be.

Add in the fact that WN really is not the lowest fare carrier in many markets when compared to other carriers and WN might well find that its so-called halo is a lot more tarnished than they want to appeal. 

What is more telling is that DL hasn't pulled its flights from DAL for sale.  Despite the proclamations of airline forum's pundits, DL hasn't decided that it isn't willing to accept that it is out of the picture at DAL.

As long as flights remain for sale, then it says that DL continues to work behind the scenes to get what it is good for DL and American consumers

It also highlights how badly AA/US fans really understand the industry that they continue to cheer against DL in this whole DAL access issue when it is clear that a stronger WN will be a far bigger threat to AA than if DL gets even some of the access.

Every additional flight that WN can add compared to AA's size makes it that much greater of a threat to AA.  But since so many people on here even believe that WN is a threat to AA anyway, it isn't surprising.

A divided DAL is far better for AA than to have a strong WN dominate the airport unchallenged - and no other LFC has the financial depth to seriously challenge WN.

WN wants the weakest possible competitor it can have at DAL if they have to have any competition.  The fact that the AA/US fan club on here can't get it is indicative of their lack of understanding of what is really at stake. 

700UW said:
Jetblue is 1, DL is 2 at JFK.

yet, DL is the largest airline in the total NYC market... and there is no * about the NY or NJ side - in total passenger boardings.

UA is still #1 in the area in terms of revenue because UA has a higher percentage of int'l flights. 

Based on total revenue, AA/US is a distant #3.

WorldTraveler said:

So where does WN regardless if the DOJ supports them or not find legal or moral basis for saying they should dominate an airport because they don't want to compete at the airport that everyone else moved to but now WN wants to have it all to themselves.

Morals have no factor in who serves what airport.

And if you are truly a man of the cloth, you are certainly lacking morals when you insult, attack and threaten members on this board with lawsuits and job losses.

So, now we're going to discuss NYC in a thread about DL loading more flights than they have gates to operate from?...

700UW said:
Based on Passengers United carried over 24 million just at EWR.

Just EWR alone UA beats DL at JFK, LGA and EWR combined.

That is for January 2014.

And at LGA DL carried over 10 million passengers and AA/US carried over 7 million passengers.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/general-information.html?tabnum=2

2012 Statistics for all Port Authority controlled airports:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf-traffic/ATR2012.pdf

and again you can't grasp that passenger boardings mean nothing in terms of the local market.

No one who understands the business believes that the number of passengers who board aircraft at a hub city - and all 3 NYC airports have certain amounts of connecting traffic - says  anything about market strength in the region.

But if you want to include local markets, let's do the same across the nation because DL will blow every other carrier out of the water by such a huge margin.

No AA/US hub comes anywhere close to the amount of passengers that DL boards at its hubs.

Or we can actually focus on what passengers each carrier carriers in the LOCAL market which would mean DL isn't quite as powerful at ATL as it would seem if you just count passengers who could care less if they connect thru ATL, DFW, or OKC.

700UW said:
Morals have no factor in who serves what airport.

And if you are truly a man of the cloth, you are certainly lacking morals when you insult, attack and threaten members on this board with lawsuits and job losses.

well, yeah, it does.  if there are no morals involved in competition, then the DOJ has no position.  Free, unrestrained competition can be brutal.  The DOJ is supposed to ensure that doesn't happen. 

eolesen said:
So, now we're going to discuss NYC in a thread about DL loading more flights than they have gates to operate from?...

sure.. and we can discuss religion and the price of eggs and butter in China and India too because that is where 700's ADD takes us.

Targeting someone as having ADD? From Mr. I Don't Make Things Personal?

Oh, that's right. You just don't like to be targeted personally. It's OK when you're the one doing it because others do it to you?

Classic Aspergers traits.

So now you are claiming to be a Dr?

WorldTraveler said:
sure.. and we can discuss religion and the price of eggs and butter in China and India too because that is where 700's ADD takes us.
How much is defamation of character worth these days?

Maybe I should act like you and sue you for saying I have ADD.

Maybe I need to show a certain charity organization your behavior.  Bet you can raise lots of money with your behavior in your posts on here to show what you really are all about.

Like I said, UA carries more passengers at EWR alone, than DL carries at JFK, EWR and LGA.

Too bad so sad, thats the facts jack!

Then you can tell us what the basis for discussing NYC ranking in a thread about DAL access....

but it still doesn't change that AA/US is still smaller than UA and DL and in terms of total boardings in NYC, B6 will be about the same size after the slot transfers.

If you want to talk about passenger boardings at NYC, then we will carry it thru to completion and data clearly shows that AA/US' position is from a position of weakness regardless of whether you look at local or total boardings. 

AA's amount of connecting traffic at JFK is comparable to DL's and yet DL boards far more passengers at JFK than AA does. 

further, if you want to look at true size, then look at an annual count.  Don't tout US' seasonal European flights at CLT in one thread and then use the most off-peak period for Europe when JFK is a highly seasonal market for European flying.

WorldTraveler said:
Then you can tell us what the basis for discussing NYC ranking in a thread about DAL access....

And here is why, you mentioned if first, now didnt you?

WorldTraveler said:

But since DL will benefit from the AA/US merger if for no other reason that AA's further not WINNING at NYC, DL isn't going to go after the merger itself but rather access to DAL 

Again, DL hasn't pulled their flights to/from DAL.  They don't think the issue is over.  Thus, it is worth discussing.

WorldTraveler said:
glad you predicted a BK filing in 2003... since AA walked up to the courthouse steps to demand concessions, it wasn't a great prediction they were going to file.

It took little time to demonstrate the 2003 filing did what was needed.

Pull up a few posts about how you have documented AA's financial woes... I don't recall you having demonstrated much involvement or understanding of their issues....
This has what do to with DAL flights?

WorldTraveler said:
You can add this to the WN invasion of ATL that has turned into a full scale retreat, the refinery failure, and the denial of AA's financial issues - things I said all along but the crowd here denied.

And this has what to do with DAL flights?

if you really aren't ADD, then there is no defamation.

If you can explain why you took the conversation off topic, then there is no way I would have any charge about ADD.

And I wouldn't argue with your statement about UA at EWR alone vs DL at all 3 airports.  Given that LGA and JFK are the two preferred airports for local passengers in NYC, DL's position is stronger than UA's. 

And notably, AA has exactly the same potential to develop NYC as DL does with the divided airport (LGA/JFK vs EWR) strategy but AA is behind both DL at LGA and B6 and DL at JFK. 

or we can stick somewhat to the topic of DAL - a market where DL still has flights for sale to LGA, something AA does not. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back