Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you really don't know that, do you?
You also don't know that DL won't, do you?

If DL was just posturing, why didn't they publish the schedules 2 weeks ago?

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:
Will DL likely have mainline ramp at DAL?

Josh
..........your kidding right? 

Delta will reduce....not add. Why add mainline when they have the DGS do it?

Looks like DL can kiss their DAL plans buh bye!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/virgin-america-plans-dallas-expansion-120000182.html

Virgin America's service to and from DAL would begin from October 2014, after the expiration of the Wright Amendment, which has restricted flights at Love Field since 1979.  The airline would plan to operate daily nonstop flights from October 2014 and would announce full schedules for the following routes should the Love Field gates be approved:
  • DAL to LGA (four roundtrip flights a day).
  • DAL to DCA (four roundtrip flights a day).
  • DAL to LAX (three roundtrip flights a day, expanding to four in 2015).
  • DAL to SFO (three roundtrip flights a day, expanding to four in 2015).
In addition, the airline would add two roundtrip flights a day from DAL to Chicago O'Hare in early 2015. 

VX doesn't have the gates either
Anf the best part is that either way AA and WN will both get a whole lot more competition

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing that hasnt been done before, and it from the parameters of the divestiture with the DOJ, VX would get the gates over anyone else.

And WN tried in PHL only to pull back, US and Doug can handle WN.

The new AA wont cut and run like Delta did.

you mean that DL has pulled back in DFW on carrying connecting traffic so it could shift resources to NYC where it has handedly grown to twice the size of AA which continues to shrink, including on routes such as to the Caribbean where DL is growing.

It is hard to believe that DL is now flying routes such as JFK to SDQ SJU and STI which AA flew for decades but has now abandoned or cut back dramatically.

DL will grow in N. Texas whether it is at DAL or DFW.

And I still fully expect that DL will push the legal challenge of what the DOJ is doing and the legality of the Wright amendment and its multiple revisions if DL walks away completely empty handed from all of this.

I may be wrong but I have a feeling this will be one that DL will fight for.

And it also doesn't change that DL will fight aggressively in the Market where it has a far better track record of winning against AA and US than the other way around.

You are reaching DL closed DFW in 2004 and built up NYC years later.

Keep trying.

And here we go again, the fictitious lawsuit that you said would happen over the LGA and DCA slots, where it is?

Your are losing control and I am enjoying every minute of it.

you mean the legal challenge  and to date wt still has been UNABLE or UNWILLING to provide links etc  

looks as though if VX gets those gates  then wt was wrong that dl would lock up the 2 gates at dal

700 you are correct.  VA has a much, much better shot than DL.  First of all, VA is considered a LCC (I think).  Plus they will bring in the Airbus fleet which can better compete against the 37's SWA is using.  Plus VA said they would pull out of DFW if they were to win the LF gates.  Now the fight will be between SWA and VA.  DL is just along for the ride.  Who ever wins said gates will prevail from any and all of DL's customers that they have already sold tickets to (and poss  illegally), as they will have to refund their monies and explain why they cannot fly them out of LF.

You are reaching DL closed DFW in 2004 and built up NYC years later.

Keep trying.

And here we go again, the fictitious lawsuit that you said would happen over the LGA and DCA slots, where it is?

Your are losing control and I am enjoying every minute of it.
losing control?

Because I am shooting holes in what you post on here? I'm hardly losing control, son.

You are the one that is being challenged repeatedly and you can't stand that.

DL began rebuilding NYC post 9/11 in the summer of 2004 and it accelerated in 2005, before DL even filed for BK.

Again, you can't seem to grasp that DL didn't walk away from the local DFW Market... it walked away from the connecting traffic.

And if VX leaves DFW, it increases the share that DL will have... AA has no choice but to match WN and VX (or whoever else flies out of DAL) which will make it very easy for DL to add flights there.

AA is on the hot seat even more than ever with all of the expansion from N. Texas.  

you mean the legal challenge  and to date wt still has been UNABLE or UNWILLING to provide links etc  

looks as though if VX gets those gates  then wt was wrong that dl would lock up the 2 gates at dal
 except you in your simple mind can't seem to grasp that I said I wouldn't be surprised and never said it was a guarantee....

I still think as much as you want to believe otherwise that DL very well could mount a legal challenge against the DOJ and the Wright Amendment.

DL made it clear that it finds it unacceptable that N. Texas, LGA, and DCA should be carved up in a process that favors certain carrier pricing, a violation of the Airline Deregulation act of 1978. As much as you are incapable of grasping it, the US government is prohibited from allocating resources in the US air transportation system based on price.

There could possibly be a case made for increasing the number of carriers at LGA and DCA but there is no case whatsoever for saying that DL shouldn't be allowed to continue its service at DAL in order to allow a low fare carrier to serve the Market.

700 you are correct.  VA has a much, much better shot than DL.  First of all, VA is considered a LCC (I think).  Plus they will bring in the Airbus fleet which can better compete against the 37's SWA is using.  Plus VA said they would pull out of DFW if they were to win the LF gates.  Now the fight will be between SWA and VA.  DL is just along for the ride.  Who ever wins said gates will prevail from any and all of DL's customers that they have already sold tickets to (and poss  illegally), as they will have to refund their monies and explain why they cannot fly them out of LF.
I just love how you are cheering for a carrier that will inject more competition directly into WN's network than what DL had proposed. WN had no intention of serving DTW or MSP.

Are you sure you checked with your corporate communications department about throwing your support behind VX?

swamt never said he supported vx  just that vx has announced what they intend to do and bec vx is a lcc they will most likely win 

delta can mount a legal challenge all they want but chances are good they most likely will not.   delta gave up dfw yrs ago  they built up ny  but they gave up tpa mco mem and cvg just to name a few   

again no more competition than what delta ual and the new aa all face   the 3 majors vs wn vx spirit etc

WorldTraveler said:
Again, you can't seem to grasp that DL didn't walk away from the local DFW Market... it walked away from the connecting traffic.
True, but they only command 3.8% of the market. And Spirit now has 3.7% -- they're a mere 300 passengers per day away from passing up DL for the #3 position.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/dallasfort-worth-international-airport-sees-3-2-percent-growth-in-traffic-in-2013.html/

WorldTraveler said:
And if VX leaves DFW, it increases the share that DL will have... AA has no choice but to match WN and VX (or whoever else flies out of DAL) which will make it very easy for DL to add flights there.
VX moving to DAL is essentially a zero sum game for the traffic -- DL's share won't change unless you're doing that thing where you pretend that DAL and DFW aren't the same market...

You also seem to think that AA isn't already matching WN, and the fact is that VX's fare structure is closer to AA's than not.

WorldTraveler said:
DL made it clear that it finds it unacceptable that N. Texas, LGA, and DCA should be carved up in a process that favors certain carrier pricing, a violation of the Airline Deregulation act of 1978. As much as you are incapable of grasping it, the US government is prohibited from allocating resources in the US air transportation system based on price.
Correct on the price, but incorrect on all other points. The government can most certainly favor a new entrant in the same way they favor minority owned contractors for procurement.

WorldTraveler said:
there is no case whatsoever for saying that DL shouldn't be allowed to continue its service at DAL in order to allow a low fare carrier to serve the Market.
Perhaps you meant allowing a new entrant to serve the market?...

I wouldn't expect DL to be told they can't maintain their existing service, but the fact is that they don't have a lease at DAL. Their schedule has been at AA's whim for the past few years. The most likely case is that they'll have their schedule accommodated within the constraints of the master use agreement that the tenant carriers are bound by. The other airlines will have to make reasonable accommodation, but the end result is that DL's schedule can't be guaranteed to remain the same, nor can they be guaranteed of the ability to increase service.

In short, DL is going to be treated at DAL in a similar fashion to how the US carriers are treated in GRU and HND.

Status
Not open for further replies.