Delta supports illegal immigration-Boycott Delta...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. True.

WT: How 'bout you just answer the question?
I answered the question, Kev.

how about you answer the question about why you have managed to find division instead of cooperation?

I didn't come waltzing into an organization intending to remake it into my image only to find out six years later that my views weren't what the "locals" were interested in.

it's not surprising that you and a host of your losing, malcontent and maladapted labor proponents here want to jump on DL's immigration reforms which I happen to support.

How ironic that you want to frame my pro-people as something that has to fit my agenda but you aren't interested in admitting that I have a better bead on what people want than you do.

since you somehow think that I am being evasive in answering your questions despite my clear answers that are pro-people, should I remind you of the laundry list of questions which I have posed to you but which you have not answered? everything from your buying and vacation habits (using your profit sharing check) to the list of pay raises you have received since becoming a DL employee?

but you know what, Kev? I don't want to know because I respect that there are lines that exist on this board which has a labor and airline focus.

If there is a desire to discuss topics that don't fit those profiles, then picking up the phone, email, or a PM with other members might be the more appropriate response.

Perhaps E has got it right that even if Mr. Anderson is right about immigration reform, some things are better left to the ballot box and conversation with friends.

except, in your case, profit sharing has to actually exist.

AA/US unions bought into the myth that it isn't worth pursuing... problem is that a whole lot of ACTUAL AA employees don't agree.

Neither do DL employees.

unlike immigration reform or even LGBT rights, it is pretty easy to quantify profit sharing benefits for those who receive them.... the only downside is for the company that chooses to pay them.

WorldTraveler said:
since you somehow think that I am being evasive in answering your questions despite my clear answers that are pro-people, should I remind you of the laundry list of questions which I have posed to you but which you have not answered? everything from your buying and vacation habits (using your profit sharing check) to the list of pay raises you have received since becoming a DL employee?
More flipping. How predictable.

The difference being that you yourself introduced the LGBT issue to the thread. Had you not, no one would be asking.

no, Kev, it isn't flipping.

I stated my affirmation for people to become all that God intended them to be.

you didn't like that answer.

I'm sorry about that - for you.

so, will you be spending your profit sharing check vacation in a location where the people who serve you (clean your room and fix your meals just for starters) dream of having the legal benefits you do?

Of course it's flipping.

How I spend my PS check is (still) none of your business- and irrelevant to this topic, to boot. Had I introduced it on the site it'd be fair game, but I didn't, so it's not.

Again, you mentioned LGBT rights, so I'd like to know if you're for or against them.

I provided my answer. I'm sorry if you aren't capable of understanding what I said.

and, yes, your profit sharing check and raises are absolutely relevant -whether to this topic or not.

you have repeatedly refused to acknowledge that you have received more pay raises and more profit sharing than any other airline employee group in the US has received - and yet you want to decry the compensation and employment terms that DL provides you.

so, will you spend your profit sharing check in places where those who serve you don't have the legal rights that you do?

and very specific to this thread, do you or do you not condemn frugal's statement that Mexicans are nothing but a bunch of wetbacks?

You didn't answer.

Stating "I'm pro people" is not saying you are pro LGBT. Your absence of a clear yes shows the board you are against LBGT rights.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you condemn frugal's statement that Mexicans would rather walk across the river than take an airplane trip?

The absence of a statement to that effect by Kevin is disturbing. He has said in the past he is proud to stand with you.... are you equally proud of his lack of condemnation of such an inflammatory statement?

since I have repeatedly said I am not anti-worker and yet you and Kev have managed to twist that statement into something that is not correct, it is doubtful that you could or would properly frame any further comments I might make about any other issue.

You most certainly anti worker.

Your attacks and name calling towards pro worker and pro union posters on this board is enough evidence.

Oh by the way the next time you taught profit sharing I am going to post your words from the AA LAX thread where you clearly state there will be another downturn in the industry.

there have been dozens of downturns in the industry and yet WN has remained profitable.
somehow you can't seem to grasp that a non-union company can be profitable.

and do you, or do you not, condemn Frugal's statement that Mexicans would rather walk across the river than take a plane?

Only WN has remained profitable during the downturns, not the other legacies.

And WN did that by parking new airplanes in the desert, sell others and offer early outs.

The legacies all had to negotiate or impose concessions, even before 9/11.

You do know WN is not non-union and have the highest paid employees, never had forced layoffs and is the highest percentages of unionized employees than most carriers?

and again you can't seem to grasp that profitability is the INTENDED result of the airlines having gone thru BK.

WN had a business model that in the past did not require cut as deep as the legacy carriers. Now that the legacies are healthy enough to challenge LCCs including WN, it is far from certain who can and will transform to new business conditions the fastest.

the legacies didn't forcibly renegotiate their debt before 9/11. I'm not sure you can even say with accuracy that forced labor renegotations were the norm before 9/11.

and your point only is an attempt to justify that AA"s unions' decisions to forego profit sharing was right.

History - as soon as this year - will show that AA employees gave up significant compensation compared to their peers at other airlines because they didn't have profit sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.