Delta's slot swap at JFK & EWR BLOCKED by DOJ

topDawg said:
 correct. Delta is already using the JFK slots. highly unlikely UA comes back. Worst case UA wont get ant extra slots and Delta pays a very very pretty penny for some prime JFK slots.

I still expect UA to end up with 8 or so EWR slots, more cash and an LCC auction for 4 other slots. JMO.

Alright you are also WTing very hard. I have yet to say Delta is the only way and am very critical on a lot of things they do and/or say.

but thats fine sit in the other corner of the room with your hands over your ears too. WT in in, Jim in the other, two other corners need to be filled up, who wants em?

Delta is larger in NYC than AA is genius.

BUT NOT to  ' insignificant cities '  like ORD/MIA/IAH/LA/SFO/SAN  from  NYC  !!

But not  all-is-lost.  
Y'ALL  are still  top  DAWG in   HOT - LANTA.   Yippee  !!

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

BUT NOT to  ' insignificant cities '  like ORD/MIA/IAH/LA/SFO/SAN  from  NYC  !!

But not  all-is-lost.  
Y'ALL  are still  top  DAWG in   HOT - LANTA.   Yippee  !!
ugh 
DL 
NYC-LAX 5x 752 4x 763. 1744 seats.
AA
NYC-LAX 14x 32B  1428 seats. 

DL
NYC-SFO 4x 752 3x 763 1350 seats 
AA
NYC-SFO 5x 32B 510 seats

DL
NYC-SAN 2x 738 1x 752 519(ish depending on 757 config) seats
AA
NYC-SAN 1x 738 160(ish depending on 738 config) seats. 

DL
NYC-IAH 4x E70 1x CR9 348 seats 
AA
NYC-IAH 0 flights 0 seats 

the only two markets on your list AA leads Delta is ORD-NYC and MIA-NYC. Even with that, Delta has shuttle service (~14x daily) on LGA-ORD plus 3-4 ORD-JFK flights and in NYC-MIA Delta has ~10x daily flights. Hardly insignificant.

Once again you have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about, but keep posting.......I enjoy making you look terrible.  

Reactions: 1 person
AA is flying JFKSFO 7x a day (if not already, then soon) and JFKSAN gets a second daily back soon, might be seasonal though. 

robbedagain said:
dawg  with the reference to NYC-SAN  Id say it appears that the 738 is most likely the 757 replacement   would you agree  
I would say a mix of 738/321 is the overall 757 replacement. I'm not sure if AA has ever flown a 757 on JFK-SAN? MAH4546 probably knows?

MAH4546 said:
AA is flying JFKSFO 7x a day (if not already, then soon) and JFKSAN gets a second daily back soon, might be seasonal though. 
Pretty sure the 2nd SAN is seasonal. 

I didn't see 7x SFO, but getting around thanksgiving things can get a little funky. I gave AA the benefit of taking the highest capacity day over a week and half where I just picked a random day for DL.

but even at 7x you are still talking 720 or so seats compared to 1300 for DL.

Im not much for this pissing contests but what was said was amazingly stupid. Couldn't help it. 

And AA's...YTD profit of (approx.) $5B.............compared to Del - DUH's (maybe) $3B  ????????

Just as long as Del - DUH...stays in thier   Rightfull Spot  of  "Third Best"  Legacy, then Everything is OK with the World !

AA #1 largest airline worth..27.39 billion
DL # 2 airline in size but not in our hearts is worth 38.53 billion
UA#3 airline in size is worth 21.92 billion
LUV 4 in size is worth more then AA. 29.84 billion

Let's not even talk about debt.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
And AA's...YTD profit of (approx.) $5B.............compared to Del - DUH's (maybe) $3B  ????????

Just as long as Del - DUH...stays in thier   Rightfull Spot  of  "Third Best"  Legacy, then Everything is OK with the World !
No No no.. You said AA was larger in NYC to most of the markets above? what happened? Oh I know, you don't know what the heck you are talking about so you are trying to subject change after looking like a fool. Here is a hint, when you subject change, don't subject change only to look like a fool again. 

Alright, I will play this game too. 
Delta profit YTD 
Q1 GAAP profit 1.2B
Q2 GAAP profit 2.4B
Q3 GAAP profit 2.1B 

So can you do math? thats over 3 billion already genius. Math is clearly not your thing eh? 

Also as Meto pointed out and I have pointed out 100 times Delta is larger than United. 

Hey doj the airline deregulation act got the government out of setting fares . So stop with your airline fares will raise they need to

Hope777 said:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united-delta-seek-dismissal-antitrust-214001790.html

According to the article, Delta would shrink in EWR by nearly half?  It claims AA holds the 2nd most slots at 70?  I thought DL was larger in EWR but I guess that is not the case.  

No Delta will no be shrinking EWR by half.  They are talking about slots. not actually flights.
also, Delta has unused slots at EWR.  
Delta is ranked 3rd at EWR after United and American.

I'm not sure of the exact number but enough that loosing the 24 does little to our operation
at EWR.
I believe we would be  down by only a few flights. 

We had many from the Express days and also inherited several from NW.

The swap has already taken place @ JFK with Delta increasing our West coast flights.

BABABOOY said:
I'm not sure of the exact number but enough that loosing the 24 does little to our operation
at EWR.
I believe we would be  down by only a few flights. 

We had many from the Express days and also inherited several from NW.

The swap has already taken place @ JFK with Delta increasing our West coast flights.
My understanding also. 
Some ATL/DTW flights will be cut back but overall capacity will remain flat. 
Maybe losing CVG flights or cutting down to 1 daily. 

Latest posts