DL announcing raises, changes to Profit Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a simple comment about it through my eyes Dawg. Nothing more.

This thread is supposed to be about ACS and FA'S. Does the IAM have a card drive going on for MX? If they do I haven't heard anything about it at all.

townpete said:
What if all that paranoia is all in your head?
What if....
What if....
What if....
All I know what is.....14.5%
HOW is seeing the RR numbers grow with your own eyes paranoia?

You tell me how to understand the reality of something that is happens right now today?

WeAAsles said:
I am NOT a mechanic and this thread says nothing about that class and craft.

Start a new thread dedicated to mechanics or join in on the many conversations over on the AA boards about it.

I have NOT been talking about Maintenance.
that is about what I thought. I kind of figured you couldn't answer my questions. 

WeAAsles said:
I made a simple comment about it through my eyes Dawg. Nothing more.

This thread is supposed to be about ACS and FA'S. Does the IAM have a card drive going on for MX? If they do I haven't heard anything about it at all.
uh..... where does it say this thread is just about ACS/FAs? 

WeAAsles said:
HOW is seeing the RR numbers grow with your own eyes paranoia?
You tell me how to understand the reality of something that is happens right now today?
I don't know what to tell you.

If I lived under a cloud 24/7 then I would do everything I could to get out from under it.

Or just up the Prozac dosage...idk

topDawg said:
that is about what I thought. I kind of figured you couldn't answer my questions. 

uh..... where does it say this thread is just about ACS/FAs? 

My bad. I got confused between this one and the other thread.

Dawg honestly and seriously. A HUGE congratulations on your raise. And an even bigger congratulations that you have the Diploma and licenses to keep that job and those raises. But not everyone has that do they?

On the other part, no. I can't answer your question. Or I have no business in trying to.

I am NOT a mechanic.

WeAAsles said:
Kev what do the numbers for RR look like in your station on the next bid?
pipe dream but it would be nice if the company had a system wide list of this as well as outsourcing numbers for ACS and MX. 

townpete said:

If I lived under a cloud 24/7 then I would do everything I could to get out from under it.

Or I would find the means to protect myself and give myself security so I could sleep at night.

Without a license we don't live in the same neighborhood as you. We have bad people trying to break into our house and steal our belongings.

But I have a shotgun under my bed and my friend Kev and his family do not.

topDawg said:
pipe dream but it would be nice if the company had a system wide list of this as well as outsourcing numbers for ACS and MX. 
Yea wouldn't it be huh? In our contract AA has to provide that to us. And all I have to do is put in my code on Jetnet to see it any time I please.

But how is asking Kev what his next bid look like a pipe dream? Huh do tell?

WeAAsles said:
My bad. I got confused between this one and the other thread.

Dawg honestly and seriously. A HUGE congratulations on your raise. And an even bigger congratulations that you have the Diploma and licenses to keep that job and those raises. But not everyone has that do they?

On the other part, no. I can't answer your question. Or I have also have no business in trying to.

I am NOT a mechanic.
meh barking up the wrong tree with me there too. 

Way to easy in this country to go and get your A&P and have the government pay for it or at least get student loans to pay for it. (and with it being a two year deal at mostly technical community colleges its not like you'll walk out the door with 150K in student loan debt.) 

I paid for my A&P, two undergrad degrees from UGA and a Masters from UGA. No mommy and daddy hand outs. (and very little free money from the government) If I can do it most should be able to do it. 

and lets not go with the "i have to work excuse" I know plenty of people on the ramp, cleaners and ASMs at Delta who are currently working and going to school at the same time. It sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do to make more money. 

and I'm not trying to show off my raise, all I am saying is you and 700 are constantly pushing and pushing union. If i were Kev I would probably vote in a union too, but I am also trying to make the point that being in the union its always some great thing. 

WeAAsles said:
Yea wouldn't it be huh? In our contract AA has to provide that to us. And all I have to do is put in my code on Jetnet to see it any time I please.

But how is asking Kev what his next bid look like a pipe dream? Huh do tell?
no I'm saying its a pipe dream to get that data (easily) from Delta. 

townpete said:

"If I lived under a cloud 24/7 then I would do everything I could to get out from under it."

So what do you think some people like Kev and many others are trying to do?

WeAAsles said:
So what do you think some people like Kev and many others are trying to do?
for people like pete you have two choices 
shut up and be happy 
or get out. 

It isn't possible (in some peoples minds) to care about the company, like your job.......but want to better yourself and your class/craft. 

topDawg said:
meh barking up the wrong tree with me there too. 

Way to easy in this country to go and get your A&P and have the government pay for it or at least get student loans to pay for it. (and with it being a two year deal at mostly technical community colleges its not like you'll walk out the door with 150K in student loan debt.) 

I paid for my A&P, two undergrad degrees from UGA and a Masters from UGA. No mommy and daddy hand outs. (and very little free money from the government) If I can do it most should be able to do it. 

and lets not go with the "i have to work excuse" I know plenty of people on the ramp, cleaners and ASMs at Delta who are currently working and going to school at the same time. It sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do to make more money. 

Again over and over and over. Congratulations to you. "I" DO NOT want to be a mechanic. Even if I could retain all of my seniority (I can't) I have ZERO interest in going into the profession. It was your calling, not mine.

I also even right now am satisfied (And pleased) with what I make. Actually shocked at what is to come to tell you the truth.

topDawg said:
and I'm not trying to show off my raise, all I am saying is you and 700 are constantly pushing and pushing union. If i were Kev I would probably vote in a union too, but I am also trying to make the point that being in the union its always some great thing. 
700 is who he is and I am who I am. YES YES YES YES I want Delta ramp organized. I make NO bones about it. I DO NOT want to compete against their Ready Reserve program. I DO NOT want to hear that the company is bringing it up in negotiations. If there is a chance in hell I would like to see it BLOW UP and GONE at Delta.

And I've never said that all Unions are perfect. I can give plenty of examples of some very stupid things they've done over the years.

But they're my best avenue at keeping an employment contract and protecting me if the company violates my rights under that written agreement so damn straight I support them.

topDawg said:
for people like pete you have two choices 
shut up and be happy 
or get out. 

It isn't possible (in some peoples minds) to care about the company, like your job.......but want to better yourself and your class/craft. 

I love working for AA. I love the history behind it. I honestly think like a kid that it's cool that I work for American Airlines. It's an institution. I have a Ford Tri Motor with the original AA logo that I bought for $100.00 sitting on my bedpost.

And at the same time I'm a Union Shop Steward as well.

Wow how in the world can I share two allegiances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back