DL cancels interline with EK

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
eolesen said:
IMO internationally at least it is going to end up getting down to SkyTeam, codeshare partners and a few big players that have interlines with Delta. They have been slowly but surely dumping them over the last few years. 

Domestically i still expect DL and AA to end up working out a deal.  

700UW said:

That's pretty small.  The Fox is practically THE emblem of Atlanta.  A gorgeous facility from the glory days of movies, and has good acoustics for live performances--not something always found in the great movie palaces of the 20's and 30's.  Wonder what they're going to do if the EK chairman does decide to sponsor the Fox?  That's gonna cause a black eye.

topDawg said:
IMO internationally at least it is going to end up getting down to SkyTeam, codeshare partners and a few big players that have interlines with Delta. They have been slowly but surely dumping them over the last few years. 

Domestically i still expect DL and AA to end up working out a deal.
AA does NOT need Delta in any way / shape / or form.

Never has. Never Will !!

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
AA does NOT need Delta in any way / shape / or form.

Never has. Never Will !!
Dude you really need to get some help.

badly.

You just play right into managements cards with the us v them attitude. Grow up a little bit and figure out that at the end of the day we are all on the same team, labor.

No, the SEA story wasn't BS. Apparently DL and Pride both caught a lot of crap over this, and had to do damage control late in the day.

The Fox Theater story is downright childish. I hope someone like Southwest or Emirates manages to jump on this.

Or maybe DL will pivot again and realize they were being petty?...

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:
Just when you thought the kerfuffle over the Fox was about as low as DL could sink, now they're kicking Alaska Airlines employees out of the SEA Pride Parade:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/05/18/delta-seattle-gay-pride/

just NOT true

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/airlines-pride-parade-/291565520

"One of the parties caught in the middle of the controversy is the new sponsor, Delta Airlines.

People have attacked Delta online - blaming it for the decision. But Delta says it was not part of the decision -- and did not know anything about it until a reporter called."

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
No, the SEA story wasn't BS. Apparently DL and Pride both caught a lot of crap over this, and had to do damage control late in the day.

The Fox Theater story is downright childish. I hope someone like Southwest or Emirates manages to jump on this.

Or maybe DL will pivot again and realize they were being petty?...
The way it is being reported by some is complete and total horse crap. 

AS employees can march and can even wear AS logos. 

Delta is doing damage control because people posted lies all over the internet and didn't know what they were talking about. Obviously Delta has to respond. 

and if that is petty (what is really happening, not the made up story you posted) then every. single. US. company. are petty. Every time they sign and exclusive deal like Delta has signed the same thing happens. Example, you aren't going to see Coke allowing Pepsi to advertise at an event Coke is an exclusive partner. 
American Airlines has done the same before also. *gasp!* 

Reactions: 1 person
It's ALWAYS 'something' with delta !!!!!

With Oil heading towards $ 50.00 a bbl, I wonder when the NEXT traffic CUT will be announced.

You can put LIPSTICK on a PIG, but in the end, it's Still a PIG.

DL has/is been the TRUE # 3 Airline, and always WILL be as long as the BIG BOYS... AA / UA are around !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
It's ALWAYS 'something' with delta !!!!!

With Oil heading towards $ 50.00 a bbl, I wonder when the NEXT traffic CUT will be announced.

You can put LIPSTICK on a PIG, but in the end, it's Still a PIG.

DL has/is been the TRUE # 3 Airline, and always WILL be as long as the BIG BOYS... AA / UA are around !

And Delta is planning for oil to be at 70 per. 

Again, you still don't have any idea what you are talking about and every post just makes you look even dumber. 

Reactions: 3 people