Express Closes More Statons

Why does U keep Shuttle America on?

At this time, no vouchers (meal, hotel, transportation) issued on Shuffle America's name are accepted by any vendors anywhere (because SA is famous for not making good, it would seem).

Many of the flight attendants (as mentioned numerous times) don't even come close to adhering to the standards that the rest of us uniformed employees try to (have to) uphold.

And while it would be nice to pretend that the State College debacle never happened...well.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that getting rid of them would be good business...does it?

I would have to say since they came to the station I fly out of , they are the reason other passengers have switched to arriers who use better equipment and have better service to offer.

That would be Air Midwest. Yes, they are a part of the Mesa conglomerate. Their history, though, predates Mesa by many years. They were one of the 'third-level' pioneers, starting out way back in the '60s out of Kansas City and prospering by taking over services to towns and routes that were being shed even before deregulation by (original) Frontier and Ozark.
Not to be confused with the established Milwaukee-based niche carrier that was known until last year as Midwest Express. Now just Midwest Airlines, dropping the "Express" due to it's connotation with commuter carriers.

I should have known better as I did not mean to dump on Midwest Express. I stand corrected.

It is still to bad to see that all of the USE service out of LYH is on two of the worst Express carriers in the network - Shuttle America and Air Midwest. I still have fewer problems on these carriers than when I fly Delta/ASA however.

Looks like Air Midwest is getting kicked out of the LYH market for poor performance (10% cancellation rate). Spokesperson says another carrier will likely replace them, but Shuttle America is still showing on the website as serving the market into the summer. Any word on who will replace them to PIT?