F/A Seniority

Twicebaked

Veteran
May 22, 2003
Just being curious, but what is the seniority range for the flight attendants at Delta?

We all know that our most senior "senior mama" at US has a date of 1959 or something close to that and the most junior being June 2001 (mostly still on furlough).

Additionally, what is the most senior and/or junior flight attendant base??

Thanks

Just being curious, but what is the seniority range for the flight attendants at Delta?

We all know that our most senior "senior mama" at US has a date of 1959 or something close to that and the most junior being June 2001 (mostly still on furlough).

Thanks

We have a few that have their 50-year pins. I start my 14th year in April, but am still only 10,090 in seniority out of 14,000+. So, I'm not even 1/2 way up the list. Our last class of new hires (non-language speakers) was in 2001. Our most junior bases are Boston and NYC-although you will find some junior people in TPA, ATL, and MCO. Our most senior bases are HNL, LAX, and SLC by far. I think FLL is mostly senior as well.

Thanks

Pardon me, did you forget all the juniors in US/West? There are people who were hired December 1006!! Or you are just ignoring the other side of US airways?

Pardon me, did you forget all the juniors in US/West? There are people who were hired December 1006!! Or you are just ignoring the other side of US airways?

SORRY I DID MEAN 2006 and not 1006 of December. My finger slipped!!!!! :up:

We have a few that have their 50-year pins. I start my 14th year in April, but am still only 10,090 in seniority out of 14,000+. So, I'm not even 1/2 way up the list. Our last class of new hires (non-language speakers) was in 2001. Our most junior bases are Boston and NYC-although you will find some junior people in TPA, ATL, and MCO. Our most senior bases are HNL, LAX, and SLC by far. I think FLL is mostly senior as well.

Staple. Definitely staple.

:up: :up:

Oh, no. That's not fair.
Date of Hire is the only civilized way to handle seniorty.

Everyone has paid their dues one way or another.

Anything other than Date of Hire is morally reprehensible.
But not morally reprehensible to Hp employees dragged into this mess or to those that paid union dues for years? I am not a FA so I dont have a dog in this fight but there are many different sides to this. What is morally reprehensible to some is only fair to others.

But not morally reprehensible to Hp employees dragged into this mess or to those that paid union dues for years? I am not a FA so I dont have a dog in this fight but there are many different sides to this. What is morally reprehensible to some is only fair to others.

Let me try to make this clear. No one at US Airways wants anyone "stapled" at the bottom of the seniority list. It's wrong. At least where the F/A's are concerned. We are AFA and Date of Hire is the rule. It's the right thing also.

Date of Hire gives everyone respect and recognition for their years of service.

It's the fairest way to merge work groups.

For anyone to say..Staple Them..refering to the Delta F/A's makes the bile rise in my throat.

What a vile thing to say. And does nothing but upset the Delta F/A's. Wrong.

Oh, no. That's not fair.
Date of Hire is the only civilized way to handle seniorty.

Everyone has paid their dues one way or another.

Anything other than Date of Hire is morally reprehensible.

We are known for the STAPLE job at AA! We are great at doing it. So, follow the leader in the STAPLE job and do it! :up:

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='449127' date='Jan 23 2007, 01:01 AM']We are known for the STAPLE job at AA! We are great at doing it. So, follow the leader in the STAPLE job and do it! :up:[/quote]

Hey Troll:

It seems that your time out on furlough did not teach you any manners.

Let me try to make this clear. No one at US Airways wants anyone "stapled" at the bottom of the seniority list. It's wrong. At least where the F/A's are concerned. We are AFA and Date of Hire is the rule. It's the right thing also.

Date of Hire gives everyone respect and recognition for their years of service.

It's the fairest way to merge work groups.

For anyone to say..Staple Them..refering to the Delta F/A's makes the bile rise in my throat.

What a vile thing to say. And does nothing but upset the Delta F/A's. Wrong.
I didnt say staple I was just pointing out that there are different views on how this situation should be handled. Hp was a baby airline compared to the older more senior airelines, US and Delta. Why should these fa's(HP) be in some sense stapled to the bottom because they worked for a younger company that was profitable and is now in a postion to ACQUIRE a bankrupt company? And by the way HP always nonreved FCFS and the other airlines by DOH. Why should employess of a profitable company suffer in any way if they merge or acquire any company? I hope this merger does not happen for these reasons alone. No disrespect to anyone but I just needed to point out that what some feel is the right thing to do may not feel that way to someone who is adversely affected. Mama

Latest posts