F/A Seniority

It isn't going to be DOH.....because there isn't going to be a merger. If there is a merger, it will be DOH
When I said it was going to be DOH, I was assuming most were intelligent enough to realize that there would indeed have to be a merger first. Sorry for the assumption. :shock: :lol:

staple? DOH (for any merger) is the only fair way. i would never want to be stapled so i couldn't wish it on anyone else.

In any other industry, you are recognized for your experience as well as your pay. The Airlines have played hay with this for years. This is what prevents people from changing jobs within the airline industry. No one wants to start at the bottom of the heap after being with another airline for a number of years.

I think we should keep Date of Hire through out the industry.

Wow, now there's a thought!

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice to know that even though things weren't working out for you due to family issues you could change jobs within the airline industry and not lose your seniorty? Whew!!

Now there's a breathe of fresh air! :up:

special[/i] excitement you so obviously crave.

Dude,
I think it's more effective to just ignore the trolls.

It is more effective, but not as fun.

Normally, I believe that it is unsporting to torment those who are intellectually less fortunate. However, this particular troll has been so rude for so long over so many different identities that it is justified.

Oh is she? Then, that explains a lot. My ex flies for AA-and they're one bitter bunch!

She is actually a he, and he is not one to let facts stand in the way of what he believes. He gets so knotted up about Delta because while he was dating one of us, he became emotionally attached to the afa’s aborted attempt to organize us. He never has gotten over the afa loss, and it is most apparent when he is not taking his meds.

Irrigating a field is a bit above the technical expertise of a Sparklett's driver, so you are correct on that one.

As others have pointed out, numerically the afa will not be in position to staple us, so you must move along to another of your fantasies to get that special excitement you so obviously crave.
It is more effective, but not as fun.

Normally, I believe that it is unsporting to torment those who are intellectually less fortunate. However, this particular troll has been so rude for so long over so many different identities that it is justified.
She is actually a he, and he is not one to let facts stand in the way of what he believes. He gets so knotted up about Delta because while he was dating one of us, he became emotionally attached to the afa’s aborted attempt to organize us. He never has gotten over the afa loss, and it is most apparent when he is not taking his meds.

Not attached at all. Just pointing out that you will get STAPLED if the US/DL deal happens. You as you have wanted are non-union. No contract = no DOH! Just wait and see what happens. You think the US f/a's are going to allow the AFA to slot you with DOH? Keep rubbing that lantern, because you will need more than 3 wishes!! When you're wrong then you will look like the dumba$$ that you're! I could careless that the DL f/a's are dumb and do not have a union. I just enjoy watching the crap you go through when management screws you. The clock is ticking and the STAPLE GUN is on the way!! If I recall you said the LCC at DL was not going to be named Song when I posted it on another board. Hmmm, gee what did they name it?

You may want to do some homework before you post. Parts of the above are incorrect. You need to catch up on the facts! I bolded the parts you're worng on. You have been out of the loop for so long, it makes me laugh and the one you say I was dating. She laughs at your stupidity as well. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='450042' date='Jan 25 2007, 03:52 PM']When you're wrong then you will look like the dumba$$ that you're!

Parts of the above are incorrect. You need to catch up on the facts![/quote]

Well, let me amend the answer to allow for the progression of time and the move to Granger.

"Irrigating a field is a bit above the technical expertise of a former Sparklett's driver."

ah

Pardon me, did you forget all the juniors in US/West? There are people who were hired December 1006!! Or you are just ignoring the other side of US airways?
SORRY I DID MEAN 2006 and not 1006 of December. My finger slipped!!!!! :up:

Actually, yes I did forget. Put away the claws Simba and step away from the computer. <_<

Oh, no. That's not fair.
Date of Hire is the only civilized way to handle seniorty.

Everyone has paid their dues one way or another.

Anything other than Date of Hire is morally reprehensible.

I agree with you that stapling is NOT fair....

However, Delta WOULD do it to US as they did it to Western, and Pan Am.

AFA has tried TWICE to get Delta f/as to join AFA and they gave them the perverbial finger....TWICE.

Now, ALL the US flight attendants and AWA flight attendants have been paying $39 a month for years to protect their seniority.....Not to mention the thousands of dollars of OUR MONEY that AFA spent TWICE to organize DELTA.

So, do I agree with stapling? NO, but not DOH.

I am not sure what the solution should be, but definately NOT DOH in this case.

Sorry! Just my opinion

We have a few that have their 50-year pins. I start my 14th year in April, but am still only 10,090 in seniority out of 14,000+. So, I'm not even 1/2 way up the list. Our last class of new hires (non-language speakers) was in 2001. Our most junior bases are Boston and NYC-although you will find some junior people in TPA, ATL, and MCO. Our most senior bases are HNL, LAX, and SLC by far. I think FLL is mostly senior as well.

I'm curious; how (relatively) junior/senior was PDX when it was a domicile?

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='449475' date='Jan 24 2007, 03:55 AM']... You soon will get what you deserve. I hope that the US deal happens. Then you will be [stapled] to the bottom. Maybe then you will realize that a union would have helped. You really think the AFA will slot you with DOH??? Not by a long shot.[/quote]
If this does happen, your union won’t be around to do a thing for you. Per DP; with the exception of pilots and dispatchers, everyone at the “New Deltaâ€￾ will be non-union.
“Who’s going to get what they deserve?â€￾ :lol:

Per DP; with the exception of pilots and dispatchers, everyone at the “New Deltaâ€￾ will be non-union.
“Who’s going to get what they deserve?â€￾ :lol:
Yeah right, you wish. It will be DOH but it sickens me to think that if the roles were reversed, there's no doubt in my mind that Delta would staple US. No doubt at all.

However, Delta WOULD do it to US as they did it to Western, and Pan Am.

AFA has tried TWICE to get Delta f/as to join AFA and they gave them the perverbial finger....TWICE.

Now, ALL the US flight attendants and AWA flight attendants have been paying $39 a month for years to protect their seniority.....Not to mention the thousands of dollars of OUR MONEY that AFA spent TWICE to organize DELTA.
So, do I agree with stapling? NO, but not DOH.

Yeah right, you wish. It will be DOH but it sickens me to think that if the roles were reversed, there's no doubt in my mind that Delta would staple US. No doubt at all.

I am not sure why the staple rumor keeps popping up. It is untrue. Stapling is so AA.

In the last three mergers/acquisitions for Delta, NorthEast, Western, and Pan American, there was no staple. In all of the mergers, the flight attendants were merged using a ratio.

After the Western merge, the AFA took the integration method to arbitration. The arbitrator upheld Delta's method of integration. After Pan Am, a group of former Pan Am flight attendants formed a group called FAFSI (Flight Attendants for Fair Seniority Integration) and sued Delta. The case was found to be without merit. Many of those leaders of the FAFSI group went on to become leaders of the AFA drive in 1993.

That AFA drive started in 1993, but was only able to get enough traction to call a voted in 2001. In that one vote, only 29% voted for representation. See National Mediation Board
AFA Delta Organizing Website
Other AFA Organizing Website
Delta flight attendant Anti-AFA site

The afa has not spent thousands, it has spent millions. Some speculate that spending so much to try to organize Delta is one of the main reasons that Pat Friend took the afa from independant and affiliated with the CWA. In essence, she broke the bank on Delta.

ah