Gate agents, ticket agents and reservation agents vote "No"

This was quick. From IAM . . . .

Delta’s Interference Cheats Employees of Fair Election

December 7, 2010

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today announced that an insufficient number of Delta Air Lines’ Passenger Service and Reservation employees have voted to secure union representation.

Delta Air Lines’ continued illegal interference in union elections has once again denied employees their legal right to elections free from intimidation. By December 9, 2010, the IAM will present evidence of interference to the National Mediation Board (NMB) regarding earlier elections for Fleet Service and Stock & Stores employees. Soon thereafter, the IAM will file its charges of interference in the Passenger Service election.

The NMB found Delta had committed improper election interference earlier this year in an election for Flight Simulator Technicians and in a 2000 election for Fleet Service workers.

wow 9 out of 9 workgroups told the Unions where to go.....
Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

I'm sure that the union will try to claim intimidation, coercion, etc. but with a margin that large, I don't think NMB will be paying much more than lip service to the claims. The one vote they overturned and called a do-over for had a smaller margin (and a smaller workgroup).

From what I'm hearing, the crux of the allegations involve computer pop-ups which encouraged people to vote. That's entirely appropriate, considering the change in voting rules by the NMB.

Unlike the union, if the company is making a statement, it has to be truthful. Telling people they have to vote in order to have a say is being truthful. The union would obviously prefer that as few people as possible vote. Sorry it didn't work out for them. Really.

wonder why no one is voting these unions in

Because unions are dinosaurs. The overwhelming number of American workers are happily not in unions.

Democracy is a great thing, the vote was too lopsided for the goons to fix.

The employees have spoken, congratulations!

Because unions are dinosaurs. The overwhelming number of American workers are happily not in unions.

Most American employees are not in Unions because of outsourcing by Corporate America to foreign countries where it isn't illegal to have sweat shops. Think about that when you buy that garbage from Wal Mart etc. Read the Business section of any good newspaper. Why do Americans enjoy 40 hour workweeks? Unions!!!! If not for Unions and the laws that they fought for, we would all be working slave labor. Ignorance is a bad thing.

wow 9 out of 9 workgroups told the Unions where to go.....
Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

How come everyone forgets that the dispatchers saw the value of representation, and kept it?

I'm sure that the union will try to claim intimidation, coercion, etc. but with a margin that large, I don't think NMB will be paying much more than lip service to the claims. The one vote they overturned and called a do-over for had a smaller margin (and a smaller workgroup).

From what I'm hearing, the crux of the allegations involve computer pop-ups which encouraged people to vote. That's entirely appropriate, considering the change in voting rules by the NMB.

Unlike the union, if the company is making a statement, it has to be truthful. Telling people they have to vote in order to have a say is being truthful. The union would obviously prefer that as few people as possible vote. Sorry it didn't work out for them. Really.

Actually, E, I would say anything official put out by a union needs to be truthful as well; if for no other reason than they are trying to establish credibility with the work group they're campaigning for.

Goons? Really?!

I don;t see myself reflected in that stereotype at all. What is this, 1950?

How come everyone forgets that the dispatchers saw the value of representation, and kept it?

Actually, E, I would say anything official put out by a union needs to be truthful as well; if for no other reason than they are trying to establish credibility with the work group they're campaigning for.

Goons? Really?!

I don;t see myself reflected in that stereotype at all. What is this, 1950?

Its OK for the unions to stereotype management, its OK for the unions to use threats and intimidation and to try to do away with a secret ballot and to constantly try to change the rules to favor their side.

Ask the AWA union rep who got attacked when he went to PHL to meet with the US union guys, he walked into a trap, and ended up in the hospital.

Thugs and goons, its a hallmark of unionism.

The Delta Employees will feel sharp severe paycuts quickly if the airline industry tailspins and layoffs quickler than unionized employees would. And DELTA wont even need a CH11 to liquidate their employees vs unionized employees. Ive been on both sides of the fence and believe me it is 1000000% better being unionized than non unionized.

The dispatchers didnt have a choice - they were voting between the union that represented the NWA dispatchers and the union that represented the DL dispatchers....everyone knows that once a union gets on property at airline you can go back and forth between different unions but going union free is impossible - according to the NMB it is logistically possible "on paper" but like most other govt agencies, they always make stuff sound good on paper but not reachable in the real world...

The mailings that the IAM sent was extremely misleading...they were sending out A-cards telling agents that if they dont sign the card and return it they wouldnt be allowed to vote in the election, which is sorta true by going the round about sorta way - to have the election they needed the A-cards signed but you can vote in the election without signing the A-cards...verbally, the IAM folks were telling all sorts of half-truths and down right lies...

Back