How can Christians support Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., K.C. listen to her own words.

Yep..if you are a Catholic and you believe that abortion should be legal, you will have to change that view that they are teaching. It's possible. I mean...in the Catholic church, it's a sin for a woman to use birth control. Just as bad a sin as abortion. But millions of Catholic women "changed their view". They still go to church...the still take communion...

Here is the view that needs to change - Religion should not dictate our laws. Abortion is legal. If a church teaches that it's wrong, they can still teach that it's wrong. If a follower still gets one - it's an issue between one person and their church.

Baptists teach that drinking is bad. If they listen to the fire and brimstone sermon on demon rum, then head out to dinner and drink a dozen rum and cokes and their pastor sees them and banishes them from his church - fine. But don't ban rum because some religion teaches that it's wrong.

Religions shouldn't be meddling in our laws and your side even knows it....let me ask you...what is your view on "Sharia law"? If the Muslims believe in it, who are you to demand that they change their views to match yours by passing laws that ban it?

Yep..if you are a Catholic and you believe that abortion should be legal, you will have to change that view that they are teaching. It's possible. I mean...in the Catholic church, it's a sin for a woman to use birth control. Just as bad a sin as abortion. But millions of Catholic women "changed their view". They still go to church...the still take communion...

Here is the view that needs to change - Religion should not dictate our laws. Abortion is legal. If a church teaches that it's wrong, they can still teach that it's wrong. If a follower still gets one - it's an issue between one person and their church.

Baptists teach that drinking is bad. If they listen to the fire and brimstone sermon on demon rum, then head out to dinner and drink a dozen rum and cokes and their pastor sees them and banishes them from his church - fine. But don't ban rum because some religion teaches that it's wrong.

Religions shouldn't be meddling in our laws and your side even knows it....let me ask you...what is your view on "Sharia law"? If the Muslims believe in it, who are you to demand that they change their views to match yours by passing laws that ban it?

Well, not 'all' Baptist's :cool:

AH, East! Now you've gone and done it! I'll have get out my kit for him!

patonthehead-gif.11339

And here's the thing....If Jesus Christ himself ran as a democrat, he could not get the Christian vote. So it's unlikely that Hillary would..even if she turned water into wine.

We started seeing religion invade politics back with good old St Ronnie of Redondo. He got the support of the "Christian values" voters and he was running against the guy who was perhaps the most Christian president we've had in the past 100 years. Jimmy Carter, who as president still taught bible study classes ran against Ronald Reagan, who hadn't seen the inside of a church since he was governor of California. The problem was that Carter did not believe that religion belonged in politics while Reagan and the rest of the republicans believed that PT Barnum was right....there's a sucker born every minute. Get the godly vote and then ignore them.

The Christian right has supported the republican candidate for the past 36 years. Do we have prayer in schools? No. Is abortion illegal? No. What have the republicans done for the Christian right other than offer lip service? And now, most "Godly men" are supporting a guy who has been married 3 times after cheating on two wives...who is on the record describing how he "can't help himself" around beautiful...and who uses his wealth as an excuse to "grab them by their pu_sy".

Here's the thing I don't get...there's this book in the bible called "Leviticus". When talking about two gay men, These good Godly men often cite this:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." And they don't want them in their church.

Then we get candidate Trump. That same book they cited for the gay folks mentions something about him.

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

How come he gets a pass by the "Godly men"

Hypocrisy is not really all that hard. You just have to be sure you use the argument of the 7-year old to deflect attention from the person being questioned..."Well, Billy did it too." As Gandhi (born in South Africa, educated at Oxford University in England) said, "Having read the teachings of Jesus Christ I could very easily have been a Christian if I had not met so many of them."

Unfortunately, a large portion of "your side" DO tend to judge. About abortion. About homosexuality. About adultery. Yet they seem to be rather forgiving about Trump. Why is that?

Going by scripture and the teaching in the Bible is not judging.

Trump apologized publicly if you noticed.

One of those 'Christian Values' you like to plug has to do with forgiveness and the recognition that all are sinners.

No, he did not apologize. An apology states contrition for only one's own acts/words. Adding "Bill did worse than I did" negates the "apology." It becomes nothing more than an invalid excuse for one's own actions/words. Perhaps, you've heard the old adage that two wrongs do not make a right?

The best anyone of the pro-Trump people can come up with is "yeah but the Clintons (fill in the blank)." If Trump burned down your house, would you overlook it because the Clinton's robbed a bank?

Going by scripture and the teaching in the Bible is not judging.

Trump apologized publicly if you noticed.

One of those 'Christian Values' you like to plug has to do with forgiveness and the recognition that all are sinners.

Once again...we want to ban gay marriage and cite Leviticus as our biblical justification. Leviticus is also very clear when it comes to adultery. How come one will keep a person out of the church and the other is forgivable. He apologized for his comments, but he's still on his third marriage after committing adultery in the first two. According to Leviticus, this is not forgivable.

Not that it matters, but "Hillary for Jail" or "Lock her up" is not showing much forgiveness, nor is pointing out Bill's infidelities.

No, he did not apologize. An apology states contrition for only one's own acts/words. Adding "Bill did worse than I did" negates the "apology." It becomes nothing more than an invalid excuse for one's own actions/words. Perhaps, you've heard the old adage that two wrongs do not make a right?

The best anyone of the pro-Trump people can come up with is "yeah but the Clintons (fill in the blank)." If Trump burned down your house, would you overlook it because the Clinton's robbed a bank?

He apologized several times....without tossing out the Bubba card.

Once again...we want to ban gay marriage and cite Leviticus as our biblical justification. Leviticus is also very clear when it comes to adultery. How come one will keep a person out of the church and the other is forgivable. He apologized for his comments, but he's still on his third marriage after committing adultery in the first two. According to Leviticus, this is not forgivable.

Not that it matters, but "Hillary for Jail" or "Lock her up" is not showing much forgiveness, nor is pointing out Bill's infidelities.

And he'll have to deal with that on judgement day, wouldn't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.