I just worked with a former "EAST" F/A - Many topics

I'm sorry but this whole door arming/disarming BS is the most rediculous thing I have heard yet. If you are arming and disarming a door and do it incorrectly you DESERVE your time off. Put the magazine down and forget talking about the hot guy/gal in 1A or the best place to eat at an airport/overnight and do the damn door and you won't have a problem. As for the past the wing crap.... well it mentions in that FAR at the gate, taxi ground movement and landing. It does not mention "inflight" at all. That will never fly especially on the widebody aircraft we have. Just won't happen. I think that with as big as the combined operation is and all the f/a's and agents working all kinds of a/c it's NEVER gonna happen. Remember the whole Knock/don't knock and crack the door/don't crack the door BS? Back to the door business.... If you disarm your door properly and the other f/a verifies in his/her head with their own eyes and says "crosschecked" there should be no problem. Save the floor stomping and shouting for the next rodeo line dance. I can't wait for someone to tell Sally on Int'l that she can't pass the exit row as CSD to Rome. Oh good grief. LOL. If NASA thought it up it MUST be fullproof or is that FOOL proof? :lol:

Just worked a shuttle trip with the new carts. They will not work. Especially for the shuttle. Tempe must not be familiar with our shuttle service. We serve FULL cans. We also serve CHILLED water and juice with no ice. No liquor. Free beer and wine. The new cart is not right for shuttle AT ALL. At our destination, we have to guard our re-set-up cart like a hawk since catering is supposed to take it off, and give us a new one. And what is going on with the ice supply? Four tiny bags total.

Just worked a shuttle trip with the new carts. They will not work. Especially for the shuttle. Tempe must not be familiar with our shuttle service. We serve FULL cans. We also serve CHILLED water and juice with no ice. No liquor. Free beer and wine. The new cart is not right for shuttle AT ALL. At our destination, we have to guard our re-set-up cart like a hawk since catering is supposed to take it off, and give us a new one. And what is going on with the ice supply? Four tiny bags total.

USCREW, did you contact catering and let them know about your dilema?
Here is a key contact for you,([email protected]) email her immediately to let them know what is or not working with catering.

Jet

Do you think anyone in the Sandcastle knows what a premium product is?

Do you think anyone fully assessed the East Coast Market and what the expected levels of service are?

Same with European Markets? Hawaii?

If US is in the video making mode perhaps they had best make one for the FF'ers while they're at it. I've NO EARTHLY IDEA what kind of product I'm buying going forward.
The shuttle carries many of our FFs. It is all business, academia, and congress. There is very little leisure travel except on the week-ends. These FFs are our most loyal pax and many know us by name. We also know many of them since they are on the shuttle several times a week. Shuttle has always been a premium service. That is why we offer many extras inflight as well as in the boarding area--free newspapers, magazines, O.J., coffee, etc. The shuttle pax is a true FF, probably the very opposite of what HP may experience on some of the leisure flights of the west. LGA--BOS--DCA is one of the most competitive routes in the world, and we need to protect our product, otherwise, there's nothing stopping our FFs from going to Delta.

The shuttle carries many of our FFs. It is all business, academia, and congress. There is very little leisure travel except on the week-ends. These FFs are our most loyal pax and many know us by name. We also know many of them since they are on the shuttle several times a week. Shuttle has always been a premium service. That is why we offer many extras inflight as well as in the boarding area--free newspapers, magazines, O.J., coffee, etc. The shuttle pax is a true FF, probably the very opposite of what HP may experience on some of the leisure flights of the west. LGA--BOS--DCA is one of the most competitive routes in the world, and we need to protect our product, otherwise, there's nothing stopping our FFs from going to Delta.

Too many people in the Sandbox have only a West Coast perspective. If it hasn't happened there, it couldn't have happened.

<SNIP> Shuttle has always been a premium service. That is why we offer many extras inflight as well as in the boarding area--free newspapers, magazines, O.J., coffee, etc.
It’s always been my understanding that what makes the Shuttle successful is the fact that US never tried to change anything when it was bought from Trump.

Word of caution to the Sandcastle.

USCREW, did you contact catering and let them know about your dilema?
Here is a key contact for you,([email protected]) email her immediately to let them know what is or not working with catering.

Jet
Catering is just as confused as we are. It is a fiasco in the galley. They're trying to take our carts off while we're trying to save all of our "chilled" water and set-ups. I will speak to inflight tomorrow, and will call p/p. Don't know who Ms. Dean is. Is she familiar with Shuttle? Otherwise, I'd be wasting my breath.

Catering is just as confused as we are. It is a fiasco in the galley. They're trying to take our carts off while we're trying to save all of our "chilled" water and set-ups. I will speak to inflight tomorrow, and will call p/p. Don't know who Ms. Dean is. Is she familiar with Shuttle? Otherwise, I'd be wasting my breath.

Maureen Dean is the Director of catering, she would be very happy to hear your concerns and be able to rectify any problems you may have out there.

Take the time to e-mail her with your concerns and problems you are experiencing. If all you do is complain and not let the correct people know what is or is not working, it can not be fixed.

Jet

Maureen Dean is the Director of catering, she would be very happy to hear your concerns and be able to rectify any problems you may have out there.

Take the time to e-mail her with your concerns and problems you are experiencing. If all you do is complain and not let the correct people know what is or is not working, it can not be fixed.

Jet
Excuse me, but you have no idea who I have already contacted.

My supervisor, my base manager, policies and procedures (no answer--it's early). Will e-mail askinflight, and Ms. Dean today. Also, just e-mailed our dir of catering (EAST), [email protected]
My base has been flooded with feedback already.

Please post the feedback...I would like to know what excuses everyone is using. BOB has been a joke since it started and I doubt it will get better.

We had a caterer just last night in DCA ask us how the cart where to be set up! Then in CLT the guy said it was a huge mess. Nothing was ever returned to the proper carts. It's just like everything else poor implementation of the idea! Ohh and not on person ever asked for our feedback on this new catering style.